1.    #1  
    I wanted to test my apps on the actual Pixi hardware so I bought a used one but when I reboot it, it wants me to setup my profile but since I don't have Sprint service (and no Wifi), is there a way to get around the sign-up?
    mobigamedepot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    I wanted to test my apps on the actual Pixi hardware so I bought a used one but when I reboot it, it wants me to setup my profile but since I don't have Sprint service (and no Wifi), is there a way to get around the sign-up?
    Nope. Unfortunately, you need Wifi, which the original Pixi doesn't have.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Nope. Unfortunately, you need Wifi, which the original Pixi doesn't have.
    That's what I was afraid of. Anybody know a hack to get around this problem?
    mobigamedepot.com
    You could try finding someone with a femtocell. that would give you a 3g connection without having to sign up with sprint. Alternatively I'm sure you can SSH into it and shuffle some bits around, but I don't know how to do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    You could try finding someone with a femtocell. that would give you a 3g connection without having to sign up with sprint. Alternatively I'm sure you can SSH into it and shuffle some bits around, but I don't know how to do that
    The femtocell still requires you to have an active cellular account.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
  6.    #6  
    In case anybody else is interested in the answer to this question, somebody over at the Palm forum posted this for me:

Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center
    mobigamedepot.com
    yea, I was gonna link that but was too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    In case anybody else is interested in the answer to this question, somebody over at the Palm forum posted this for me:

Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center
    I remember that page, but I had originally thought it required WiFi. Sorry for the misleading reply I originally posted.
    Arthur Thornton