Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I used the overclock method once it came out for the 800 MHz....How do i clock it back to 550MHz...Will a reset do the job???? Thank You in advanced
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    I used the overclock method once it came out for the 800 MHz....How do i clock it back to 550MHz...Will a reset do the job???? Thank You in advanced
    What overclocking method are you using?
  3.    #3  
    The first one which was done through the computer not the Pre...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    The first one which was done through the computer not the Pre...
    Look HERE it will give you the proper instructions for removal.

    Item 4 if I understand correctly what you are talking about.
  5. #5  
    Hi hollaback.... not being mean, but this is exactly why the developers tell people not to mess with changing kernals unless you are willing to read and keep up with the threads (bookmark them too). There have been many versions of kernals that were "done through the computer".

    I would suggest reading this thread through. It has the information about the early 550MHz kernals (installing and reverting).

    EDIT: pastorrich1's link is broken, so here is the thread he is referring to:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-updates.html

    Instead of reverting to the old 550ipk file... I'd suggest installing the UberKernal and use the Govnah to scale your device to whatever speed suits you best.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/29/2010 at 10:08 AM.
  6. eztech's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi hollaback.... not being mean, but this is exactly why the developers tell people not to mess with changing kernals unless you are willing to read and keep up with the threads (bookmark them too). There have been many versions of kernals that were "done through the computer".

    I would suggest reading this thread through. It has the information about the early 550MHz kernals (installing and reverting).

    EDIT: pastorrich1's link is broken, so here is the thread he is referring to:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-updates.html

    Instead of reverting to the old 550ipk file... I'd suggest installing the UberKernal and use the Govnah to scale your device to whatever speed suits you best.
    Not correcting you but just trying to help, wont it be easier if he just installs the palm recovery kernel in Preware? I did just that going from 800 to stock and then from stock to F105.
    PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    EDIT: pastorrich1's link is broken, so here is the thread he is referring to:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-updates.html
    That's odd. It goes through fine when I click it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eztech View Post
    Not correcting you but just trying to help, wont it be easier if he just installs the palm recovery kernel in Preware? I did just that going from 800 to stock and then from stock to F105.
    PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
    No, the recovery kernel only overwrites certain files. It is not the safe way to uninstall a custom kernel, especially the old overclocking patches. The custom kernel in question might well have changed files that are not effected by the pre stock kernel.
    The best method is to use the intended uninstall script. And possibly a doctor if you had left the overclocking on through an OTA update.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/29/2010 at 10:54 AM.
  9. #9  
    I have a question I need help to download kernels

Posting Permissions