Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'm attempting to create a webOS App, however, how can there be absolutely -no- visual editors of any kind?
    Is anyone aware of 'drag and drop controls', so I can just place the widget on the html? I'd just like to have these controls at my fingertips, rather than having to remember menial things.

Come on, is some form of rapid development too much to ask for?

I would love something like Ares, but for Eclipse(garbage) or Komodo Edit.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Unfortunately since WebOS widgets aren't "standard" html/javascript (rather they are a subset built from html/javascript) a WYSIWYG editor isn't going to know what to do. Yes you can make a page on dreamweaver and it'll look right, the widget functionality will still need to be hard coded. What I've resorted to is creating a set of "code snippets" in Komodo Edit then dragging and dropping them into code. Can have fully functioning widgets in 2 or 3 drops. Give it a shot.

- Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    I'm attempting to create a webOS App, however, how can there be absolutely -no- visual editors of any kind?
    Is anyone aware of 'drag and drop controls', so I can just place the widget on the html? I'd just like to have these controls at my fingertips, rather than having to remember menial things.

Come on, is some form of rapid development too much to ask for?

I would love something like Ares, but for Eclipse(garbage) or Komodo Edit.
    How can you expect people to support you (by buying your app or clicking on ads in your app) if you don't support the platform enough to learn at least the basic HTML. It is very simple. Just make an app that is mid-level extensive (a few AJAX requests and a few lists) and you should pick up the MOJO style pretty quickly. I know it took me just one app and I can write most widgets out in HTML without looking at Palm's site to see the attributes and model properties.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Unfortunately since WebOS widgets aren't "standard" html/javascript (rather they are a subset built from html/javascript) a WYSIWYG editor isn't going to know what to do. Yes you can make a page on dreamweaver and it'll look right, the widget functionality will still need to be hard coded. What I've resorted to is creating a set of "code snippets" in Komodo Edit then dragging and dropping them into code. Can have fully functioning widgets in 2 or 3 drops. Give it a shot.

- Phil -
    I was looking for a way to do exactly this, how did you do this?