1.    #1  
    i figured since i would be using the same speed that the battery drain would be about the same. i just switched to UberKernal about and hour ago and ive already lost 5% battery life. with the original 800MHz Patch i could easily go a day and a half. whats different about uberKernal?
    Last edited by david7598; 06/28/2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: stated problem in title
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    I recommend f104. Gets rid of too many cards. But sadly both it and uberkernel also seemed to go through the battery faster for me than the original 800 mhz patch.
  3.    #3  
    luckily i still have the original 800mhz file so i may switch back....the only reason i switched is because of AUPT so i could "set it and forget it" lol
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
  4.    #4  
    and ive never had the too many cards error after i applied the original 800mhz patch when it came out...and i still dont have it now...lol
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Check which governor you are using, since that will affect things a LOT. Screenstate is good for saving on battery when you have the screen off most of the time, but there are other settings that MAY help. There is one for ondemand that scales based on CPU draw, but I've found some issues with it. If you don't mind switching things manually, you can always leave it on conservative most of the time and then switch to performance when you want the performance.

The experimental 105 kernel is doing fairly well in terms of battery usage since Unixpsycho is adjusting voltages to try conserving power while at 1GHz(1005MHz). It is pretty stable at the moment, and the only thing still missing as of the -60 version is for the speed to drop to 500MHz while on the Touchstone(working on wall power, but Touchstone still runs it at 1005MHz).

Basically, your concerns about battery life are shared by many, and some time in the future, we will probably be seeing the 1GHz setting available in UberKernel.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The too many cards issue is resolved by compache. I am not sure if UberKernel has it right now, but you can try turning Compache on in Govnah and see if it works for you.
    I noticed when I first installed a different Kernel, my battery would always drop fast. Seems to me if you wait it out a day or two, it will settle again. Possibly the battery indicator gets reset or something when the kernel is swapped? Anyways, give it a try for a day and see how it does; first time I did UK, it dropped to 18% in no time, but never got below that for an hour... Charged it over night, and now my battery almost never gets below 50%, unless I'm gaming all day :P
    Yes, Uberkernal has compache as of yesterday's update to both Govnah and the Uberkernal.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer513 View Post
    I noticed when I first installed a different Kernel, my battery would always drop fast. Seems to me if you wait it out a day or two, it will settle again. Possibly the battery indicator gets reset or something when the kernel is swapped? Anyways, give it a try for a day and see how it does; first time I did UK, it dropped to 18% in no time, but never got below that for an hour... Charged it over night, and now my battery almost never gets below 50%, unless I'm gaming all day :P
    When you first install an overclocking kernel, you will tend to test it out and "play" with it a bit more than you normally would. Then you get used to it, and your use of your phone goes back to normal.