1.    #1  
    Does anyone around here think they could create a chat application for Second Life? I have no idea what's involved, but I don't think it's as simple as a Jabber format.

I'd be willing to pay money for it.

I believe there are apps for both Android and iPhone, so it must be possible.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    +1 on this request.
    AjaxLife works to an extent in the browser, but it doesn't scale to the mobile screen well. I recently posted requests to the developers of some of the popular Android/iOS apps to see if they are working on a WebOS port, but haven't heard anything yet.
  3.    #3  
    AjaxLife does kinda work, sort of. I wonder if someone could strip the guts out and reformat it for webOS.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  4.    #4  
    Just discovered that AjaxLife has been discontinued.

However, there is an open source lightweight text only "viewer" for second life for the Mac called slitechat: SLiteChat - A Lite IM/Chat Client for Second Life | Made to Order Software Corporation.

I wonder if that would help anyone figure out how to do it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer