Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I did a search before I posted and I found something but it doesn't really make sense to me. I have the testing kernel feed in preware & currently I'm running the Warthog Kernel on my Sprint Pre.

    These are my settings:


    Now I don't know if I'm running the best kernel for me. I used to run the 800MHz.sh, doctored my pre and now I'm on this kernel. I want something that is fast but also battery efficient. I want my phone to scale from maybe 250MHz or even 500MHz when the screen is off & 800MHz when the screen is running. I want to be able to keep it running at 800 while I'm charging my phone, (not on touchstone). So far ever kernel I've used scales it down to 500 while charging. I'm not sure if it's my settings or what.

    I don't like UberKernel it didn't work out for me, but I don't mind the fact that I will have to doctor my Pre. So if someone could help me? I tried using the f105 running of course at 1GHz. I honestly didn't notice a difference in that and the 800MHz.sh that I was using a long time ago. So I rather stay at just 800MHz.

    Thank you guys so much!! I appreciate it!
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 06/27/2010 at 06:38 PM.
  2. #2  
    im staying with the old super prekernel @720 of old , lol , until i have to move or switch
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im staying with the old super prekernel @720 of old , lol , until i have to move or switch
    Haha. Idk which one that is. It's probably not in the testing feed, huh?
  4. #4  
    Why not try a different govenor like consevative and scale down to 250Mhz if you like.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im staying with the old super prekernel @720 of old , lol , until i have to move or switch
    I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure there were some issues with SPK.

    You should probably switch to UberKernal.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Haha. Idk which one that is. It's probably not in the testing feed, huh?
    i think its availabe in preware feed or cutom feed in preware not sure , but i have it if you want a copy.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Why not try a different govenor like consevative and scale down to 250Mhz if you like.
    Hmm... Let me try that. Haha. I'm about to reinstall the warthog kernal. I took it off just now & tried the f102... Umm... So far my phone has restarted 5 times. Haha. So we're going back to warthog...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im staying with the old super prekernel @720 of old , lol , until i have to move or switch
    I assume you have seen the dire warning Rod is giving out about leftover files from SPK after an OTA update and the need to Doctor when you remove SPK
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I assume you have seen the dire warning Rod is giving out about leftover files from SPK after an OTA update and the need to Doctor when you remove SPK
    like what warnings lol all i need to do is uninstall it and thats it . its very easy.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #10  
    where do I get the latest version of Govnah? I can only find 0.4.2 in Preware.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im staying with the old super prekernel @720 of old , lol , until i have to move or switch
    Facepalm


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  12. #12  
    The charging at 500 MHz issue is a part of the kernel, not the settings.

    I would recommend Uber-Kernel (alpha testing, and also adhering to the Alpha tester guidelines) at 500 MHz to 800 MHz conservative:

    Sampling Rate: .5
    Sampling Down Factor: 1
    Up Threshold?: 60%
    Down Threshold: 30%
    Ignore Nice load: False
    Freq Step: 10%

    Compcache: Enabled (Original Pre) / Disabled (Pre Plus)
    Memlimit: 16MB


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The charging at 500 MHz issue is a part of the kernel, not the settings.

    I would recommend Uber-Kernel (alpha testing, and also adhering to the Alpha tester guidelines) at 500 MHz to 800 MHz conservative:

    Sampling Rate: .5
    Sampling Down Factor: 1
    Up Threshold?: 60%
    Down Threshold: 30%
    Ignore Nice load: False
    Freq Step: 10%

    Compcache: Enabled (Original Pre) / Disabled (Pre Plus)
    Memlimit: 16MB
    Okay cool! Where do I get that? Is it in Preware? I know there's an uberkernel in preware but how do I know if it's alpha or not? And if it's not how do I get it there? I have the kernel testing feed in my preware. Should I turn off the regular kernel?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    where do I get the latest version of Govnah? I can only find 0.4.2 in Preware.
    I believe the current version of Govnah is v0.4.17, I think you must have the testing feeds on in Preware to get it.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Facepalm
    it works well and absolutely no troubles with it. it just works great ! why the facepalm lol !! ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I believe the current version of Govnah is v0.4.17, I think you must have the testing feeds on in Preware to get it.
    I thought I had the test feed added but maybe I don't, could you please hep out with the URL?
  17. #17  
    k-e-r-n-*E*-l

    kthx
  18. #18  
    just curious if anyone else with the warthog kernel running is or is not able to set the speed to 800mHz at all. Whenever I select that speed, it sets it to 720mHz instead. I don't mind, but I would like to be able to set it there if needed..

    just compairing findings with others..

    thx
    sj
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it works well and absolutely no troubles with it. it just works great ! why the facepalm lol !! ??
    i've been doing a good amount of kernel testing. If I remember correctly the SPK doesn't follow the guidelines for testing kernels. Meaning that its not exactly OTA safe and used a few patches to luna to make itself work. I also know that when I un-installed the SPK it did not completely remove itself. For example when I tried to install uberkernel the install failed saying that the original pre kernel was not present. I also noticed trouble down the road with different version of Govnah not detecting governors properly. Finally the last thing I noticed was that no matter what kernel I upgraded to I could not get compcache enabled. After I doctored my pre everything worked perfectly. No errors, no warnings, no problems. Now im using the F105 on an original pre from the Sprint store the day it was released. Its still holding up lol. but in the end it your choice. Ill admit when SPK came out it was amazing. You should let us know what happens when the next version of webos comes out.
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    just curious if anyone else with the warthog kernel running is or is not able to set the speed to 800mHz at all. Whenever I select that speed, it sets it to 720mHz instead. I don't mind, but I would like to be able to set it there if needed..

    just compairing findings with others..

    thx
    sj
    if you enable the very last option, it's for advanced users. Than, go to the options & type in 800000 and see if that works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions