1.    #1  
    So let's say someone gets a working Google voice app for webOS. If Palm releases a new phone, but I keep my Pre, could I technically use the old Pre for my Google voice number and use the new webOS phone on Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    no way jose... not unless google releases their own sort of skype type of service... and you use wifi all the time- google isnt providing the signal to your pre- sprint is... so if you get a new phone then your google services would go with that new phone.
  3.    #3  
    What about texting or something? Like if the old Pre had full time WiFi, or Airrave or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    You could do the texting if you doctored your phone using the meta doctor (or Palm's own methods) to make it WiFi only. Then you would need to get a Google Voice app legally (tough part) and you could then use texting through GV (but note you would have to use the GV app only). No calls though.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    airave would do you no good on that device without sprint service on it... arthur hit the nail on the head there...