1.    #1  
    Ok so I'm about to hack/root whatever my Pre Plus for AT&T, I read the entire Getting Started page on precentral's website, yet it skipped a few things and now it appears that I'm ready to get some Homebrew apps onto my phone, heres what I did in order.
    I turned on the developer mode, reset the device, plugged it into my computer via USB (and touching "Just Charge"), made sure Java was up to date, downloaded WebOS quick install v3.0, downloaded the webos doctor, went through the WebOS Quick Install correctly, (selected Sprint as the carrier, since I'm on AT&T, and then selected USB device. Now it skipped everything from there on and now I'm at the WebOS Quick Install screen where I can now download Homebrew apps, etc.
    So, did I do anything wrong, I'm a little afraid to go on, but maybe I may have Novacomd installed already. CAN SOMEONE help me?
    the third button on the right, blue arrow i think, click that, there are feeds for downloading, preware is in there which will allow you to add apps, homebrews, patches, themes and others over the air directly to you phone
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    I don't understand the problem. Seems ok to me. Go install Preware with WOSQI.
    and you have to specify the correct feed to get Preware.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I guess I did it right, oh and btw I looked for Preware and I couldn't find it in the download feed
    check the webos internals feed I think it's the one called all
  7.    #7  
    forgot to look for that, now I accidentally started to download 4 apps and webos quick install is stuck on "connecting to device". Is it bad that I forgot to install preware.
    preware, as far asi know, is just an option as to how you add patches and things to your phone, quick install does the same job as preware does and has some additional features. Preware is a way to connect to all the hombrew and patch stuff directly from your phone with no need to connect to a separate computer
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    preware, as far asi know, is just an option as to how you add patches and things to your phone, quick install does the same job as preware does and has some additional features. Preware is a way to connect to all the hombrew and patch stuff directly from your phone with no need to connect to a separate computer
    So once I download Preware, I don't need my computer for Homebrew apps?
    well, yes and no. With preware you can do most everything over the air. But sometimes you might come across a patch or something that hasn't made it to preware yet and being patient is difficult, so quick install allows you the tools needed to add .ipk files that you have download from the web onto your computer then install them with quick install. I would say that they are both great
    Last edited by loopytee; 06/26/2010 at 05:38 PM.