1.    #1  
    Is there a simple way to strip everything out of a WebOSDoctor.jar file except for the ForceModemUpdate line and have it launch and only try and flash the modem? I was able to use 7zip to find the Phoneupdate.conf file (or something like that, don't remember the exact name!) that listed some of the Dr's run preferences (it was there that I saw the "ForceModemUpdate=1" statement in Qinray's 1.03). I could modify that file and it saved back into the .jar file just fine and the .jar executes fine.

So, what I want to do is cripple the version of Quinray 1.0.3 that I have to only boot up, check if phone is on the USB and go right to the "update modem" section (the one that occurs at about 64% of a full Dr flash) and quit there. I am aware that after 1.2.1 Palm no longer flashes the Modem, so I want to do a quick and easy reflash of my modem back to stock condition to see if I can get it back online.

Is this perhaps something I would need to ask in the MetaDoctor forum over on PreCentral?
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Can't you just flash the modem from the command line or isn't that what you want to do?
    I was thinking of that, I guess I since I have already extracted the modem files from the jar into a folder, I could transfer them over and flash by hand.

Not sure which of the files will get what I want done, or if one is the "master" that reads in everything else. There are a bunch of *.mdn files, one .hex file and a couple of .pri files.

I am not too worried about doing this wrong, since the modem is already messed up to the point of being permanently offline anyway.
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
    <<Thread moved>>
    Hopefully it will get traction in the webos development forum.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer