Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well, so far, I have found that the latest update for the warthog kernel is for sure the best in my opinion. Very stable, I haven't had one issue since installation yesterday. Btw, all govenors are available, you can scale at whatever range you want from 125mMz up to 1005mHz, sweet!
    Hmm I tried to install this via preware last night but the kernel did not show up in my launcher nor could I mess with it in Govnah. Going to do a doctor tonight and retry this.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Warthog is up to 1005mHz now?
    Yeah it is now.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Yeah it is now.
    I just looked in Preware and the changelog didn't indicate that.
    You're right, I saw it under where it says Current additions include: Additional 1005MHz speed (ODPP8 for VDD1). Discovered by uNiXpSyChO, aded by codecrumb.
    What's the difference between the warthog kernel and the F105?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8.    #8  
    warthog kernel is the test kernel, you should not install if you mind Doctoring your phone

with that said, it had the latest features/functionality that the kernel team is working on. the bloody-bleeding-edge so to speak..
    I'm going to try it right now.. we'll see how it goes. From what I've read, you can scale with Govnah without hassle?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    warthog kernel is the test kernel, you should not install if you mind Doctoring your phone

with that said, it had the latest features/functionality that the kernel team is working on. the bloody-bleeding-edge so to speak..
    I don't see how it is any more risky than using the other test kernels (F102, F104, F105, etc).
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Warthog is less test than Marco's kernels. It is the testing stream for uber kernel. In addition to Marco's work, it should also include enhancements from SBromwichKernel.
  12.    #12  
    I'm sure it's released by webOS internals, it was stated that all the successfully tested features from warthog will be in UberKernel, but there no confirmations that UK will ever scale above 800, I hope so, but not sure

.. Latest update (56) updated through preware flawlessly,will post updates if I notice any problems.

Rod and team, if there is a better thread to post alpha test results or progress for warthog, please let me know..
    sj
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 06/25/2010 at 09:09 PM.
    I also just installed, no problems. It is also programmed in to scale down to 500MHz on charge to prevent overheat just like F105, so just a heads up. So when we uninstall this kernel, we will have to do a doctor?
    Any Pre (non Plus) owners have any random 5 second freezing when using this kernel? I love the F105 kernel, but I would like to clear up the freezing.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Any Pre (non Plus) owners have any random 5 second freezing when using this kernel? I love the F105 kernel, but I would like to clear up the freezing.
    nick, I did notice that with the last version of warthog, but the latest update it doesn't appear to happen again. I also noticed that with a few previous kernels too, including UK, but no more lately..
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    I also just installed, no problems. It is also programmed in to scale down to 500MHz on charge to prevent overheat just like F105, so just a heads up. So when we uninstall this kernel, we will have to do a doctor?
    you shouldn't have to doctor, unless absolutely needed due to some sort of coruption, or if you want to have a "fresh" platform, but uninstalling with preware should be good
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    nick, I did notice that with the last version of warthog, but the latest update it doesn't appear to happen again. I also noticed that with a few previous kernels too, including UK, but no more lately..
    Awesome thanks.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Awesome thanks.
    np
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I just moved from f105 to the latest warthog and it did not install a launcher icon.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I just moved from f105 to the latest warthog and it did not install a launcher icon.
    I'm not sure that the warthog kernel has a launcher icon like UK..

You must correctly remove any kernel prior to installing any other kernel. Remember, your role as an alpha tester, it is known that you might need to use webOS doctor. If you cannot seem to get it to work by the normal installation and removal processes, then you might need to doctor your phone and then install the kernel after you restore.

You can also post your errors and see if anyone might be able to suggest a possible solution for you. More info the better.

SJ
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 06/28/2010 at 02:18 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast