1.    #1  
    I just learned about preware today and now have it on my pre. my confusion level is high.

!. is it best to do a luna restart after every download?
    2.what is the deal with all these "feeds" when should i mess with those
    3.when do i need to have my pre in developer mode and when do i not
    4.how come like 90% of my apps i had before getting preware have a box as their logo in my installed packages tab, but like 10% of them have the normal logo? is that bad?
    5.i tried getting the virtual keyboard and after literally half hour i gave up. should it take that long and/or is it even worth having.

thats all for now i would appreciate anyones help as im the noobest of the noobs
    Quote Originally Posted by rcizzle5086 View Post
    I just learned about preware today and now have it on my pre. my confusion level is high.

!. is it best to do a luna restart after every download?
    2.what is the deal with all these "feeds" when should i mess with those
    3.when do i need to have my pre in developer mode and when do i not
    4.how come like 90% of my apps i had before getting preware have a box as their logo in my installed packages tab, but like 10% of them have the normal logo? is that bad?
    5.i tried getting the virtual keyboard and after literally half hour i gave up. should it take that long and/or is it even worth having.

thats all for now i would appreciate anyones help as im the noobest of the noobs
    You do a luna restart when u apply a patch, if your applying multiple patches dont do a luna restart install all your patches 1st then do the luna restart. Anything that asks for a java or luna restart you must do so it will take effect.You can turn any feeds that you want on or off it depends what feeds you want to show up. Preware doesn't recognize some of your apps so dont worry about that. i have the virtul keyboard and i dont use it, its easier to use the pres keyboard you will find that you type faster.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    1. No, just when you are done with all your downloads within that session. Luna restart only takes like 20 seconds so no big deal.

2. Feeds are pretty self-explanatory. I only turn off the 'theme' feeds because I don't need to see those every time and i turn off 'palm-catalog' to separate free from non-free apps.

3. Dev Mode only when you install via QuickInstall, other than that no need to leave it on.

4. Sounds like your connection is not that great may be. OCKernals boost that up and so does using WiFi in my experience. Not an issue just an aesthetic blurp.

5. VK is tricky for people to install sometimes for whatever reason. It's cool to have it just because it's avail but it's really not that great. I only use it when I'm hella lazy and just need to type like a yes or no response in a text.

Welcome to awesomeness of Preware! You're about to experience a whole new phone.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
  4.    #4  
    thanks guys i came up with another question. what is the difference between downloading say a game from the "palm catalog" feed as opposed to getting it from the "games" section under categories?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    thanks guys i came up with another question. what is the difference between downloading say a game from the "palm catalog" feed as opposed to getting it from the "games" section under categories?
    Nutn'

It's all tied in together.
    Everybody wants some!..
    yeah nothing it's the same thing.