1.    #1  
    After using it the way I originally modified the launcher for 5x5 I discovered minor things I want to tweak to make it better. The one thing I want to change I'm not sure what it is I need to do to change it. There is an down pointed triangle along with a graphic of sort that normally is for indicating more icons off screen, but it gets triggered even when the last row of icons and names are visible on the screen. I'm not sure if it happens all the time though. Normally when viewing the launcher the quick launch is shown as well. I can't remember if the stuff indicating more showed when the quick launch is seen. I'd have to revert back Problem is when the 6th row of icons is started the triangle and graphic show up even though there is nothing to scroll to. I'm guessing this may have to do with a calculation of adding up the pixel size of everything but not sure. I also noticed some long named apps wrap to 3 lines. And for those apps the 3rd line is partially covered by the icon below it if there is one. Anyways my first thought is to get rid of whatever makes the triangle and graphic appear and make a 5x5 v2. My second thought is adjust pixel sizing so that it doesn't happen with the aren't more than 5 rows (when quick launch is not hidden) and 6 rows (when quick launch is hidden). Either way it happens I need to know what I'm looking for to do the first way, and if I go the 2nd way is it a matter of adding up the pixel sizes of everything that is the trigger.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    There's a patch, No arrows or fade. You could use or analyze what that patch is changing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    There's a patch, No arrows or fade. You could use or analyze what that patch is changing.
    In that case I can just combine that patch into 5x5 and make it 5x5 v2. Of course once I fine tune adjust the sizing and spacing of the icon text. Not sure how I overlooked it.

EDIT: On second thought perhaps it best to keep the separate patches and just update the description of the no arrow fade patch to indicate it is also compatible with 5x5. I tried combining the two patches into one and attempted to apply it with quick install and got all sorts of hunk fails. I may have goofed up in the process but not sure.
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 06/23/2010 at 07:17 PM.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Using this patch combination I can get 5x6 Icons. Still waiting for your v2 to show up in Preware.

* 5x5 Icons V1
    * Advanced Configuration for App Launcher: Quick Launch bar set to hide in launcher
    * No Arrows or Fade Bar
    * Remove Page Indicators: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ndicators.html

Using this patch combination I can get 5x5 Icons.

* 5x4 Icons V2
    * Advanced Configuration for App Launcher: Quick Launch bar set to hide in launcher
    * No Arrows or Fade Bar
    * Remove Page Indicators: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ndicators.html

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers