Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    This apparently may just be me since everyone else confesses better battery life, but my Pre died from 35-40% battery life to 0 within 2 or 2.5 hours.

It's never done that before, so I'm obviously blaming this kernel.

Battery monitor was running at the time, but it was obviously shut down. I normally get around approximately 10% drain per hour so it still doesn't really add up. For now, I'm attributing it to maybe phone calls or something that I may have left running that I didn't catch (before I left my phone in a locker, where, I do get normal service so its not struggling to get service and draining the battery that way). I will continue to test the battery life with this kernel and see what I get.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The sticky Govnah profile is not reset when you change kernels. I suspect the last profile you selected was still enabled.

Note that if your device had crashed, as opposed to just being slow to boot, then the sticky Govnah profile would have disabled itself again until the next clean boot.

-- Rod
    Im guess the easy fix for that is to uninstall both the kernel and govnah, then reinstall them both?

Or rather, uninstall and reinstall govnah?
    SirataXero: My battery life on this kernel has been comparable to other kernels, and in general my experience is that the experimental kernels seem to get slightly longer batt life on standby than the standard Palm kernel, but I probably only use my phone for about 5-10 mins of every hour of the day, to quickly check mail, calendar, and a website or two. What are you running in the background?
    Great kernal but I had to uninstall and return back to F102. I'm not sure what caused this,a battery removal fixed it both times, but after some use and going on and off my touchstone I opened up Govnah to find my pre running at 720 and was stuck there. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and sure enough after a lil bit of use it found itself at 720mhz. I don't know what was causing this but I think it might have something to do with charging and the screen?? Other than that problem I ran into it was a nice upgrade from F102. Very quick to open apps and the OS overall performed better.
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    SirataXero: My battery life on this kernel has been comparable to other kernels, and in general my experience is that the experimental kernels seem to get slightly longer batt life on standby than the standard Palm kernel, but I probably only use my phone for about 5-10 mins of every hour of the day, to quickly check mail, calendar, and a website or two. What are you running in the background?
    Thanks for the interest. Your question prompted me to actually look through my launcher to see which apps I have polling in the background. Let's see:

1. Facebook: Every 20 mins
    2. Accuweather
    3. WeatherIcon: Every 60 minutes (Don't ask why I have two weather apps...)
    4. Mojo Messenger: Every 20 mins
    5. Govnah: 1 second

Those are the only 3rd party apps I have polling in the background. I leave Govnah running open all the time, so I guess it's not a good idea to have it polling every second. I changed it now to 30 seconds. I have also now deleted Accuweather since it's extraneous. Other than that, I don't think I have anything else. I also (Only sometimes) keep Battery Monitor running at 1 min intervals.

I guess I'm still watching to see how badly my battery is affected and if it's the kernel's fault or not.
    I saw something strange today, after almost a full day of use. I tried to reproduce it, to no avail, but it's the first time I've ever seen this and I don't believe in coincidences.
    I was charging my Pre via usb to my laptop, and switched to usb mode drive to copy some pictures to the computer.
    When I was finished, I rebooted with orange+sym+r but the phone didn't boot. At all. I had to do a battery pull to get it working.
    After that, I tried to reproduce this behaviour twice, but it didn't happen again. I still don't know if it's unrelated, or if I had done something else before plugging the phone the first time.
    Other than that, phone operation is nearly flawless; snappier, reliable, impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by manueljaime View Post
    I saw something strange today, after almost a full day of use. I tried to reproduce it, to no avail, but it's the first time I've ever seen this and I don't believe in coincidences.
    I was charging my Pre via usb to my laptop, and switched to usb mode drive to copy some pictures to the computer.
    When I was finished, I rebooted with orange+sym+r but the phone didn't boot. At all. I had to do a battery pull to get it working.
    After that, I tried to reproduce this behaviour twice, but it didn't happen again. I still don't know if it's unrelated, or if I had done something else before plugging the phone the first time.
    Other than that, phone operation is nearly flawless; snappier, reliable, impressive.
    For my own observations can I ask:
    How long did you leave it booting for? Over 20mins?
    What kernal did you have installed before F105?

Was it also the first time that you had done a battery pull since installing F105.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    For my own observations can I ask:
    How long did you leave it booting for? Over 20mins?
    What kernal did you have installed before F105?

Was it also the first time that you had done a battery pull since installing F105.
    I had UK 50, and I had done a couple of battery pulls: one after removing UK, another one after installing F105. And the phone wasn't booting at all: when I looked at it, the screen was black and didn't respond to the power button. I've had several black screens before, but whenever that happened, the keyboard was lit and the shutdown menu chimed when pressing the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by manueljaime View Post
    I had UK 50, and I had done a couple of battery pulls: one after removing UK, another one after installing F105. And the phone wasn't booting at all: when I looked at it, the screen was black and didn't respond to the power button. I've had several black screens before, but whenever that happened, the keyboard was lit and the shutdown menu chimed when pressing the power button.
    did you try orange+sym+r?
    Did you try holding the spacebar to power on the phone?
    Have you had any other troubling with the power button before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Great kernal but I had to uninstall and return back to F102. I'm not sure what caused this,a battery removal fixed it both times, but after some use and going on and off my touchstone I opened up Govnah to find my pre running at 720 and was stuck there. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and sure enough after a lil bit of use it found itself at 720mhz. I don't know what was causing this but I think it might have something to do with charging and the screen?? Other than that problem I ran into it was a nice upgrade from F102. Very quick to open apps and the OS overall performed better.
    I am also seeing this 720 fluke I was running f105 fine since 8 am yesterday Morning and it didn't happen until about 1pm today. I am using govnah .4.9. I put it on and off touchstones all day long. Today it has been on my touchstone in the car all official palm. Charger and cable. Any suggestions guys? I have uninstalled I will run at default for an hour or so and try reinstalling. I had the Uberkernal installed this does include the alphas. This was a fresh doctored phone as of Tuesday last week.
    did you try orange+sym+r?
    Did you try holding the spacebar to power on the phone?
    Have you had any other troubling with the power button before?
    Thanks for your suggestions. Actually, I didn't try neither of those, but will keep them in mind if it happens again.
    I had the power button serviced 3 months ago, but it hasn't failed again since.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    This apparently may just be me since everyone else confesses better battery life, but my Pre died from 35-40% battery life to 0 within 2 or 2.5 hours.

It's never done that before, so I'm obviously blaming this kernel.

Battery monitor was running at the time, but it was obviously shut down. I normally get around approximately 10% drain per hour so it still doesn't really add up. For now, I'm attributing it to maybe phone calls or something that I may have left running that I didn't catch (before I left my phone in a locker, where, I do get normal service so its not struggling to get service and draining the battery that way). I will continue to test the battery life with this kernel and see what I get.
    You should uninstall this kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    With this kernel I have noticed a speed increase over the UK @ 800MHz, but the battery drain is so high. I would need that insanely large battery to get any use out of my phone. This is a great though, it just needs battery optimization. With the next version of WebOS I have heard that they are working on the battery life though so if that is true this will be worth it 100%.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    best kernel to date, fast, no hickups, battery is good, temp under 44 (with heavy use) under 30 with regular use. Thank you marco.
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 06/23/2010 at 03:29 PM.
    I don't notice a download link in the first post, is it removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    Faceplant +2

No download link
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoutawack View Post
    I am also seeing this 720 fluke I was running f105 fine since 8 am yesterday Morning and it didn't happen until about 1pm today. I am using govnah .4.9. I put it on and off touchstones all day long. Today it has been on my touchstone in the car all official palm. Charger and cable. Any suggestions guys? I have uninstalled I will run at default for an hour or so and try reinstalling. I had the Uberkernal installed this does include the alphas. This was a fresh doctored phone as of Tuesday last week.
    I updated Govnah to .4.10 and reinstalled the Kernal. So far so good I will post additional info if it does revert like Stevesrjr86
    I cannot find the kernel. I have Govnah 0.4.10 installed but i cant find the kernel in the testing feeds. Has it been removed? All I can find is F102 which I have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    Why do some pople find it so dificult to read:
    F105 Thunderchief is available. I am not going to tell you where!
    Why do some pople find it so dificult to read:
    I hear you, but after adding the feeds, the kernel is still not shown on preware on my phone. :^( Let me do some more research, I'm sure this is user error.