Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226267686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Will you also relay the warnings to those that come to you?
    Will you also be there to help each and every user with the simplest of issues that they then blame on the kernel?
    Will you talk them through how to doctor in recovery, send a bootie image and other trouble shooting when things go wrong?
    seeing as how the information isnt there for them to find in this portal, i see no reason to deny them
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistermeshes View Post
    seeing as how the information isnt there for them to find in this portal, i see no reason to deny them
    That is a joke right? I see you still haven't read the appropriate threads.
    That is a joke right? I see you still haven't read the appropriate threads.
    dude how am i supposed to find them from THIS as a starting point?
    and no its not a joke, ive already got some emails and happily answered
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistermeshes View Post
    dude how am i supposed to find them from THIS as a starting point?
    and no its not a joke, ive already got some emails and happily answered
    All of this thread for one. You will also learn a lot by reading the SR71 thread. The wiki is also a great place for learning.
    But remember that there is no substitute for experience.
    I hope they keep any questions for you aswell.
    All of this thread for one. You will also learn a lot by reading the SR71 thread. The wiki is also a great place for learning.
    But remember that there is no substitute for experience.
    I hope they keep any questions for you aswell.
    your right i suck

about the extended battery, is anyone using one?
    When i read the first time "Overclocking" "F105" and so on, i tried to find this stuff. I read the whole thread, used google and found what i was searching for.
    Iīm here in a german mobile-forum, thereīs a section for the palm pre.
    I posted about the F105, but i donīt tell the people, where to find. some people asked me, but i never say them: search there: xxxxxxxx.
    awhile later, the most of the people find their informations by themselves. i got much PMīs where people said, that after they have searched for the kernel, they learned a lot about their devices.
    i think if people have to search for the informations they need, they learn a lot. if you give them a "wiki", "tutorial", How-to", then they easily use this without any background-knowledge. they have no idea what they are doing with their device.
    i think, if they are unable to find the stuff, then they arenīt able to use it. this it was unix said on the first post and heīs DEFINITIVELY right!!
    so no one uses an extended battery? i know their like 89$, but i figured someone would take the leap
    funny I just started a thread about this debate under tips & info. About helping noobs or telling them to search.

both sides here make good points but one thing I can agree with is the Sticky. Like the guy said about xda they do have a sticky with everything you may want to know, spelled out & links to other threads with the info. You put all the warnings in the sticky and there you have it everyones answers in one place. Then you all can tell every to read the sticky or post a link to the sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    funny I just started a thread about this debate under tips & info. About helping noobs or telling them to search.

both sides here make good points but one thing I can agree with is the Sticky. Like the guy said about xda they do have a sticky with everything you may want to know, spelled out & links to other threads with the info. You put all the warnings in the sticky and there you have it everyones answers in one place. Then you all can tell every to read the sticky or post a link to the sticky

All the info *is* there. All the warnings *are* there. That's why we're baffled and maybe a bit perturbed (sp). It's *all* there.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    All the info *is* there. All the warnings *are* there. That's why we're baffled and maybe a bit perturbed (sp). It's *all* there.

M.
    True it's there but most NOOBS would be looking for a sticky with thunderchief in the title or overclocking. You have to remember he was speaking of NOOBS. Someone familiar with the terminology and forum deserves a "go find it yourself".

there is also the getting started homebrew apps & patches. Thread. But when I first got started I was being told to just install preware & I kept by passing that thread cause it didn't have preware in the title.

it's like a double edged sword. I know developers get frustrated with the questions when the answers there. But sometimes you have to think like a NOOB & if the questions reasonable point them in the right direction.

there should be a sticky: if you want to do anything to your phone from this site you must first download webOS qi/Doctor & install preware on your phone.

That should be the only link you're allowed to see before you can download anything. You know how you can't see links til 10 post. That's the only link from 10 to 20 post. Now anyone asking questions is familiar with QI the DR. & Preware. They know the risk & how to Dr. Before they start. Make it a sticky on all sub-forums & a link next to the start new thread button.

Now everyone on the site has preware & access to all apps & patches except testing/alpha. A separate forum for alpha testers with a 5$ membership fee or something. Your not a member you don't even know of the alpha kernels and stuff to question anything. You only know of it when it goes public in preware. Problems solved
  11.    #1431  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post

You also fail to see my point.

It's all good to have a "sticky" for stable stuff. This stuff isn't stable. I am conducting a test. Those who can contribute to the test can join in. This test is not for someone wanting to join in on the newest thing. This has been said numerous times all over this website. Nobody wants to search apparently. Again, there is a website listing all kinds of technical/non-technical facts and instructions about the Pre. Also that site usually 98% of the time shows up in the 1st spot in a google search.

I couldn't disagree more about XDA stickies being so good. cuz i still roll in there from time to time and see people asking the same silly questions that was told in the 1st post in that very sticky. Its simple fact; People don't read and don't care... it's gimme gimme gimme. Also can someone tell me how many devs at XDA jumped ship due to arrogant users and shady characters? That was rhetorical.

Let me reiterate, this is a testing thread in a Development forum. It is assumed you have experience and was made quite clear.

For those that remember the 1st 800MHz overclocking test was "closed" to experienced testers only. Well all kinds of people *****ed about that. Well this time its open, and people still *****. People want everything their own way. I'm getting tired of this.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

It's all good to have a "sticky" for stable stuff. This stuff isn't stable. I am conducting a test. Those who can contribute to the test can join in. This test is not for someone wanting to join in on the newest thing. This has been said numerous times all over this website. Nobody wants to search apparently. Again, there is a website listing all kinds of technical/non-technical facts and instructions about the Pre. Also that site usually 98% of the time shows up in the 1st spot in a google search.

I couldn't disagree more about XDA stickies being so good. cuz i still roll in there from time to time and see people asking the same silly questions that was told in the 1st post in that very sticky. Its simple fact; People don't read and don't care... it's gimme gimme gimme. Also can someone tell me how many devs at XDA jumped ship due to arrogant users and shady characters? That was rhetorical.

For those that remember the 1st 800MHz overclocking test was "closed" to experienced testers only. Well all kinds of people *****ed about that. Well this time its open, and people still *****. People want everything their own way. I'm getting tired of this.
    you didn't read my post just above this one
    Here's how it is supposed to work:

1) Each WebOS Internals package has a wiki page associated with it.

For this kernel, it is http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...n:PsychoKernel

2) This wiki page is automatically listed in the package description in Preware

3) The first post of any thread talking about the package has a link to that wiki page.

4) The wiki page contains links (not copies) to any other information required.

5) All externals sites, blogs, videos, etc all refer to the wiki page.

6) Helpful community members such as the people arguing all the sides of the argument here create an FAQ section on the wiki page and keep it up to date.

7) All answers in forum threads are migrated to the wiki page by those same helpful community members.

Make it so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

I'm getting tired of this.
    Dont desert us now you and a few others are the reason many still even have a Pre.

True many dont/wont read the first OP & just ask question after question, like the guy that ask how do i do this or that and the next post says " yea how do i do this or that" like he's agreeing with the previous post instead of waiting for an answer. Im not a developer so i cant say i know what you go thru but I know you can get ****ed off because i do just reading thru the post sometimes, looking for answers. Makes me wanna just start a thread and ask my question to keep from reading 600 silly post out of 650 post just to get my answer. Sometimes the person doesnt know where to look and sometimes the person just dont want to look at all.

Even if you post that this kernel doesnt work but i cant remove the file til tuesday DONT DOWNLOAD it or install it. You will have 100 post asking why this kernel isn't working. I know its gotta be tiring.
    No argument about there should be a "sticky". No one's going to read it. They clearly don't read the first post in the actual thread they are (sort of) looking for, they most certainly are not going to read a different one first.

Frankly I'm tired of this argument. If someone can't type "palm pre testing feeds" into google (if they insist on not reading here), then that's fine. One less Pre to try and help fix.

M.
  16.    #1436  
    Can a moderator close this thread.
    Live free or DIE!

It's all good to have a "sticky" for stable stuff. This stuff isn't stable. I am conducting a test. Those who can contribute to the test can join in. This test is not for someone wanting to join in on the newest thing.
    Thats why I said the should be a separate forum for the testing/alpha stuff with the $5 membership fee or something. you'd be surprised how many people would stay away because of the fee. you'd still get a few but those truly interested in testing would be somewhat separate from the others. Creating a little more peace for you guys.
    Its been quite a few days (I think almost 2 weeks) since I first install F105

Few things I noticed:
    1. Occasionally when launching the camera just a gray card comes up. Close the card, and reopen; same. So, I did a .gc (garbage collection) using the command line universal search patch and then camera launches correctly. This has seemed to correct the camera issue every time.

2. I was on my laptop in the car while my wife was driving 2 days ago. I had my phone plugged in the car charger , and had mobile MHS running. I was was keeping an eye on the temp., and all the sudden jumped from 46C to 53C (like in 5 seconds). My phone kinda went nuts, opened a bunch of cards and then locked up, I shut off my wireless card on the laptop to terminated the connection, and immediately unplugged it from the changer. As soon as I did that the battery dropped from 100% to 91% to 80% to 53% to 46% to 33% to 26% to 11% then the phone did a device restart (all this happened in about 5 seconds). After the restart everything was fine. I've used MHS in the car a few times since and haven't been able to recreate. The weird thing was even though it said 53C it seemed to be fairly cool to the touch, like what 41C would fell like.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Here's how it is supposed to work:

1) Each WebOS Internals package has a wiki page associated with it.

For this kernel, it is [url]

2) This wiki page is automatically listed in the package description in Preware

3) The first post of any thread talking about the package has a link to that wiki page.

4) The wiki page contains links (not copies) to any other information required.

5) All externals sites, blogs, videos, etc all refer to the wiki page.

6) Helpful community members such as the people arguing all the sides of the argument here create an FAQ section on the wiki page and keep it up to date.

7) All answers in forum threads are migrated to the wiki page by those same helpful community members.

Make it so.

-- Rod
    I will take a crack at 6 and 7 tomorrow.

Can I make one suggestion though, I think it would stop a lot of hassle if your post about what is expected of an alpha tested was put in each of webos-internals alpha threads in the op or second post, and possibly stating that the aim of alpha testing is to get a stable version for a public release (This seems to be lost on a lot people). I know the warnings are on the wiki but I also think you would benefit from putting it in the OP of each of the threads.
    85 is still running great. I did have the luna restart along with the vibrarion I mentioned Yesterday after the update. I uninstaled then reinstalled and it's works perfect. Out of 2 sprint pre's that I am testing the 105 on it's been great except for that one hickup.

Thanks!