Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Unix, what is the roadmap to getting 1005mhz into UberKernel?
    How happy are you with stability?
    I haven't has issues on any of the releases I have used, so am wondering if there any specifics you want us to test? I don't think we ever got any evidence of this kernel causing luna reboots.

I haven't had major problems with it. I still have an issue with system sounds. There's one of the pulseaudio volumes that gets set to zero for some reason. I don't know if that is the kernel or not (I've only had it happen with this kernel, though...). I found that running the Audio Interactive Test, just the speaker phone portion --> hit the Play button and raise the volume *while it's playing* raises the correct volume control to restore system sounds.

I hadn't had this happen for a couple weeks up until yesterday and this fixed it (again).

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistermeshes View Post
    my final word:

if their not going to help people, without so much as a link or even a tutorial on THIS website, then why post it here for people to stumble across and become frustrated with the secrets? i googled overclocking palm pre, and came across this website, not webos internals. you should take it down if your not going to be informative about it. when people show up here, they expect to find everything they need here.

yeah you guys would be great buddies with the people over at xda. dramadramadrama

ill go join the rest of the n00bs in the huge pee puddle in the living room now, thanks for your time
    If you just want to overclock then you can just instal uberkernel and govnah from Preware. Http://install.preware.org if you haven't already got Preware.
    All information is in their respective threads and is well documented. There are no secrets in this development, but the developers do want effective alpha testers for these alpha kernels.
    And the only person causing drama is yourself. All information is easily accessible for you.
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/24/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    my final word:

if their not going to help people, without so much as a link or even a tutorial on THIS website, then why post it here for people to stumble across and become frustrated with the secrets? i googled overclocking palm pre, and came across this website, not webos internals. you should take it down if your not going to be informative about it. when people show up here, they expect to find everything they need here.

yeah you guys would be great buddies with the people over at xda. dramadramadrama

ill go join the rest of the n00bs in the huge pee puddle in the living room now, thanks for your time
    What you are missing is THE INSTRUCTIONS are here ON THIS VERY SITE! You just have to be capable of using basic reading comprehension and logic!!

I was on here for a week, while I was waiting for my Pre to arrive and already knew exactly how to find the testing kernels, just by reading the various posts. When I decide to OC my Pre, which was the 2nd day I had it, it was a simple matter to do it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    What you are missing is THE INSTRUCTIONS are here ON THIS VERY SITE! You just have to be capable of using basic reading comprehension and logic!!

Careful! Any louder and you'll wake the PC Peace Keepers!

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Careful! Any louder and you'll wake the PC Peace Keepers!

M.
    ROFL!! I'll whisper next time!

I am just baffled as to how people miss these details that are right in front of them.

So far, on the F105, just to include my experience, I got one random reboot last night, not sure what caused it, so I am hanging in there to see if it happens, again.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #1406  
    the thunder-chief kernel is located in preware, an app that must install via webosquickinstall. once installed, you have to enable the testing feeds to be able to view, download, and install. if you just google "overclock palm pre" theres a ton of youtube videos showing you how to do it. all the appropiate files are also just a google away, i wish you luck!

doesnt it make more sense to make a sticky on howto do all of this? seems it would be less time consuming than constantly telling people their not ready...people come to THIS website for the information, but you all just tell them to go away and learn for themselves. why not post the relevant links and information in a way that when someone comes across this site, they have all the information they need and dont have to feel the need to ask the questions? it seems to me its lacking on YOUR part, not theirs.

its sickeningly similar to the people over at xda, only difference being as much as that moaned about how annoying it was to get nailed by n00bs, they actually helped instead of sending them away like a dog who pee'd on the carpet.

if any other people have questions that their scared to ask because people here pull the blanket, feel free to email me

sinistermashes@gmail.com
    Glad you volunteered.

HEY EVERYONE, send questions to that email address!!!!!

Soon as you make something that makes it on numerous front pages of popular websites then you can talk. My mail box and PM gets filled up with absolute non-sense. There is a friggin reason why I do it the way that it is. Read back all those posts and you will plainly see an unbelievable amount of n00bs that had no friggin idea how to doctor their phone nor how to install it, forget about where to find it...they had absolutely NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL SOFTWARE!!! They purposely ignore the warnings and F#$%Ked up their phone then they come crying to me. I am not running a school. 90% of people here that installed my kernels have knowledge on how to fix their phone if it gets hosed. Dont come here asking how to install it...how to doctor...how to friggin turn the phone on...

Did I mention there is an entire website dedicated to documenting almost EVERYTHING about the Pre? didnt know that? Google it. Did I also mention this is a TEST/ALPHA kernel? Why should i re-document everything when it's already documented. That's just plain foolish.

The people at XDA are just as annoyed. I have been there a while. And the last time I looked there isnt step by step instruction on each and every ROM posting about how to install and recover. you know why? It is understood you better have a CLUE before trying to install it. And for those that dont know installing a Android or WinMo custom ROM is NOT something for a n00b!

Is there some kind of problem with the way i conduct these tests? Why dont you try this? I want you to sit at the terminal 24/7 and answer every n00b question that runs by. Also knowing that the product you are testing is already dangerous and can cause problems. Answer each and every question. Also post detailed guides on how to install, uninstall, doctor a phone, membooting, grabbing kernel logs when the phone isnt even booted, how to install novaterm, how to operate WIndows XP, etc... lets see how long you last.

For the last time I am posting this. This is a TESTING/ALPHA kernel. If you dont like the rules, LEAVE. The features here will end up being in a stable kernel and documented. If you cant wait then GO POUND SAND.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Glad you volunteered.

HEY EVERYONE, send questions to that email address!!!!!

Soon as you make something that makes it on numerous front pages of popular websites then you can talk. My mail box and PM gets filled up with absolute non-sense. There is a friggin reason why I do it the way that it is. Read back all those posts and you will plainly see an unbelievable amount of n00bs that had no friggin idea how to doctor their phone nor how to install it, forget about where to find it...they had absolutely NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL SOFTWARE!!! They purposely ignore the warnings and F#$%Ked up their phone then they come crying to me. I am not running a school. 90% of people here that installed my kernels have knowledge on how to fix their phone if it gets hosed. Dont come here asking how to install it...how to doctor...how to friggin turn the phone on...

Did I mention there is an entire website dedicated to documenting almost EVERYTHING about the Pre? didnt know that? Google it. Did I also mention this is a TEST/ALPHA kernel? Why should i re-document everything when it's already documented. That's just plain foolish.

The people at XDA are just as annoyed. I have been there a while. And the last time I looked there isnt step by step instruction on each and every ROM posting about how to install and recover. you know why? It is understood you better have a CLUE before trying to install it. And for those that dont know installing a Android or WinMo custom ROM is NOT something for a n00b!

Is there some kind of problem with the way i conduct these tests? Why dont you try this? I want you to sit at the terminal 24/7 and answer every n00b question that runs by. Also knowing that the product you are testing is already dangerous and can cause problems. Answer each and every question. Also post detailed guides on how to install, uninstall, doctor a phone, membooting, grabbing kernel logs when the phone isnt even booted, how to install novaterm, how to operate WIndows XP, etc... lets see how long you last.

For the last time I am posting this. This is a TESTING/ALPHA kernel. If you dont like the rules, LEAVE. The features here will end up being in a stable kernel and documented. If you cant wait then GO POUND SAND.

ok first and foremost buddy, deflate your ego

the ONLY thing im getting at is THIS:

if you post something without the appropriate information, then you have NO right to complain that people are asking questions. simple as that

if you post something without the appropriate information, then you have NO right to complain that people are asking questions. simple as that
    The appropriate information is well documented, you are just to ignorant to find and read it.
    You should have appropriate expreience before installing any alpha kernel.

Soft word turneth away anger, but harsh words provoke Unix. What unix said is so right... You try doing his job.

The rules of every testing kernel(s) are posted at every posts.

If you are ignorant to following rules, then I suggest to leave it alone. This is for all who
    doesn't understand the word "Testing"

/me makes a bag of popcorn

M.
  11.    #1411  

I have no ego. I do this for free pal.

This is a testing forum. And who is complaining, YOU are. I see plenty of happy users here except the whiners.
    Live free or DIE!

I think the point uni. is trying to make here is this. In my case I had no clue on how to test these alpha kernels. I looked through this thread and many others to figure it out and my self became frustrated. But after tons of research i figured it out.Now if some one is willing to go through all this trouble to figure out how to do this and finally do it and agree to the rules then maybe they know enough to install it and fix there phone if they mess it up. There is a thread in here were some one explains the whole proses you just have to search for it. If every knucklehead had easy instructions on how to do this than there would be messed up phones every were. By doing the research they will stumble across how to do the necessary steps it takes to install kernels, doctor there phone, restore there phone and so on. All we want you to do is make sure you know more than just installing kernels. Good luck on you endeavors.
  13.    #1413  
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrazy88 View Post
    I think the point uni. is trying to make here is this. In my case I had no clue on how to test these alpha kernels. I looked through this thread and many others to figure it out and my self became frustrated. But after tons of research i figured it out.Now if some one is willing to go through all this trouble to figure out how to do this and finally do it and agree to the rules then maybe they know enough to install it and fix there phone if they mess it up. There is a thread in here were some one explains the whole proses you just have to search for it. If every knucklehead had easy instructions on how to do this than there would be messed up phones every were. By doing the research they will stumble across how to do the necessary steps it takes to install kernels, doctor there phone, restore there phone and so on. All we want you to do is make sure you know more than just installing kernels. Good luck on you endeavors.
    Well said. Exactly my point.

After all the hassle, you know more about your phone and can start helping other users else where in the forums.
    Live free or DIE!
    Okay, i've stayed out of the fray. I'm only going to agree with unixpsycho. I understand the frustration of wanting the kernel and not being able to find it. But I also know modding the kernel of your phone is serious business.

Unixpsycho deserves respect for his incredible abilities. He has given us the great Webos phone that we know it can be. He shouldn't be concerned with tech support.

And unixpsycho, I actually think its a great offer from sinistermeshes to take on helping the noobs. You two might be in a minor forum beef right now, but having someone willing to take noob questions is a great idea that you should take advantage of. You two should make up and work together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    And unixpsycho, I actually think its a great offer from sinistermeshes to take on helping the noobs. You two might be in a minor forum beef right now, but having someone willing to take noob questions is a great idea that you should take advantage of. You two should make up and work together.
    I thought that was a good bit of sarcasm by unixpsycho, it was sarcasm right?
    The problem is that most people's questions have already been answered, they are just too lazy to read.
    i have absolutely no beef with unix. im using the guys kernel! mad respect (im sitting over here struggling to operate ares...me! compiling! ha!) to him for his developing skills.

i just want to break this down so you guys understand what im trying to get across.

you buy your palm pre, and happen to stumble across an article while surfing. its talking about overclocking your pre to 1ghz! whaaat?! a webos nexus?! hell yeah! you figure, hey, just a google away right? your scrolling through the search results, find a few references to thunderchief and the developer over at pc, and stumble on precentral. great! you find the appropriate thread and get excited, the search is over! you immediately start reading, to discover...the information your seeking isnt there. in fact, your first ever thread you decide to read about any sort of mod'ing, the developer is brazenly telling you that the information other than the initial release isnt here, and he sure as hell wont be telling you! so what do you do?

obviously you'll search for it. but you'll note that the original google search only yielded a few helpful hints...a useful youtube video, if you have the files, lots of articles from OTHER websites, constant references to webOS internals, but no actual links or instructions. and the one site you DID find isnt sharing, their making it a hunt!

eventually you either break down and ask, to get flamed, or spend a day searching for the simple matter of WHERE TO START. its like looking for a beaner in a freshly ground up quarter.

look im not saying this is for everyone, cause its not! but what about the people who do know what their doing, understand the risks, and are willing to take the dive? i spent a year and a half mod'ing my G1, Hero, Samsung Moment...and the fact is, when i googled rooting android, the first result was ALWAYS xda, and in that portal i would find sticki wiki's up the canary! more than enough information, right there, where the developer WAS POSTING IT! not elsewhere, there was no magical treasure hunt!

if you have the time to post all those warnings and cocky "catch me if you think you can" 's, why not post a link to webOS internals, or the 5 steps it takes to install? i could break it down in easy steps! id even be willing to write up the tutorial if you'd be willing to post it with your threads.

you have no links in your OP, not even in your signature...arent you a founding member of wi?? shouldnt you be proud? and even if your not, theirr hosting your files, its the least you could do... theres not even so much as a CLUE in your OP what to start searching for! keep some information, the critical kind, but share enough so we know where to go. i had to google the kernel name to even get some inclination where to start. that didnt even help, i had to post a thread to learn some keywords to search for (testing feeds, webOS internals, ect)

and then the whole flame war. everytime someone asks what to do, you all follow suit of the developers and tell them to search. search for what???? not even a keyword to start! i was lucky enough to have someone talk about wi, but ive looked around and alot of people have asked and didnt get so much as a lmgtfy. what are we supposed to be building up from, man? its like you started some secret club that only people from the beginning get to join. its like you got annoyed with all the n00bs and started hushing it up. you guys gotta understand, that from the beginning of developing ANYTHING, there are ALWAYS going to be people asking questions, even if all the information IS in the OP. its not your responsibility as a developer to help, its your responsibility as a human BEING.

in reality, all your doing is halting development. the more people who use your kernel, the more debugging you can get done. why post its release here if people cant even get the appropriate information? why not let is stick to WI? at least there, people can find the instructions.

im not asking you to stop doing what your doing, hell man, you can do whatever it is that you want...but developing is for the COMMUNITY, and your shrouding it in shadows.

peace love and weed
    i have had no luna reboots. i am clocked at full speed in most min and max, idc about battery life. the only thing ive noticed thats different (other than the speed, obviously) is that when i take a picture, the preview doesnt show up, although i can tap the spot where its supposed to be and it shows up.

another issue is the temp. its PROBABLY because im clocked fullspeed with no looking back, but for the first day i did have conservative profile set, and it still got purdy hot. i dance between 35-40, 45 when im in heavy usage. a couple times i had to take my battery out to get it to cool down. im switching back to conservative as we speak, ill report back later.
    i have absolutely no beef with unix. im using the guys kernel! mad respect (im sitting over here struggling to operate ares...me! compiling! ha!) to him for his developing skills.

i just want to break this down so you guys understand what im trying to get across.

you buy your palm pre, and happen to stumble across an article while surfing. its talking about overclocking your pre to 1ghz! whaaat?! a webos nexus?! hell yeah! you figure, hey, just a google away right? your scrolling through the search results, find a few references to thunderchief and the developer over at pc, and stumble on precentral. great! you find the appropriate thread and get excited, the search is over! you immediately start reading, to discover...the information your seeking isnt there. in fact, your first ever thread you decide to read about any sort of mod'ing, the developer is brazenly telling you that the information other than the initial release isnt here, and he sure as hell wont be telling you! so what do you do?

obviously you'll search for it. but you'll note that the original google search only yielded a few helpful hints...a useful youtube video, if you have the files, lots of articles from OTHER websites, constant references to webOS internals, but no actual links or instructions. and the one site you DID find isnt sharing, their making it a hunt!

eventually you either break down and ask, to get flamed, or spend a day searching for the simple matter of WHERE TO START. its like looking for a beaner in a freshly ground up quarter.

look im not saying this is for everyone, cause its not! but what about the people who do know what their doing, understand the risks, and are willing to take the dive? i spent a year and a half mod'ing my G1, Hero, Samsung Moment...and the fact is, when i googled rooting android, the first result was ALWAYS xda, and in that portal i would find sticki wiki's up the canary! more than enough information, right there, where the developer WAS POSTING IT! not elsewhere, there was no magical treasure hunt!

if you have the time to post all those warnings and cocky "catch me if you think you can" 's, why not post a link to webOS internals, or the 5 steps it takes to install? i could break it down in easy steps! id even be willing to write up the tutorial if you'd be willing to post it with your threads.

you have no links in your OP, not even in your signature...arent you a founding member of wi?? shouldnt you be proud? and even if your not, theirr hosting your files, its the least you could do... theres not even so much as a CLUE in your OP what to start searching for! keep some information, the critical kind, but share enough so we know where to go. i had to google the kernel name to even get some inclination where to start. that didnt even help, i had to post a thread to learn some keywords to search for (testing feeds, webOS internals, ect)

and then the whole flame war. everytime someone asks what to do, you all follow suit of the developers and tell them to search. search for what???? not even a keyword to start! i was lucky enough to have someone talk about wi, but ive looked around and alot of people have asked and didnt get so much as a lmgtfy. what are we supposed to be building up from, man? its like you started some secret club that only people from the beginning get to join. its like you got annoyed with all the n00bs and started hushing it up. you guys gotta understand, that from the beginning of developing ANYTHING, there are ALWAYS going to be people asking questions, even if all the information IS in the OP. its not your responsibility as a developer to help, its your responsibility as a human BEING.

in reality, all your doing is halting development. the more people who use your kernel, the more debugging you can get done. why post its release here if people cant even get the appropriate information? why not let is stick to WI? at least there, people can find the instructions.

im not asking you to stop doing what your doing, hell man, you can do whatever it is that you want...but developing is for the COMMUNITY, and your shrouding it in shadows.

peace love and weed
    I still feel that you are still missing the point. Maybe you will understand after a few weeks watching development on these forums.
    It is definitely not a secret club, hell I haven't been here for a long time but I learned quickly.
    The testing is as open as it can be and anyone is welcome.

If anything was to be added to the OP I would say that what is expected of an alpha tester would be good.

And unixpsycho, thank you very much for bringing these awesome kernels. They have worked perfect for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I still feel that you are still missing the point. Maybe you will understand after a few weeks watching development on these forums.
    It is definitely not a secret club, hell I haven't been here for a long time but I learned quickly.
    The testing is as open as it can be and anyone is welcome.

If anything was to be added to the OP I would say that what is expected of an alpha tester would be good.

And unixpsycho, thank you very much for bringing these awesome kernels. They have worked perfect for me.
    jesus christ i MUST be. at this point i DO wave my white flag, but god do i feel bad for the new people who come along. perhaps ill post a thread with quick instructions in this portal, itll help with the dead weight in this thread. i stand by what i said, if someone needs any help, ill be more than happy to get at you on AIM/gtalk/ect. id crossloop if more of this was done sans pc, but your on your own as far as the rest

is anyone using this kernel with an extended battery? whats the temp like?
    jesus christ i MUST be. at this point i DO wave my white flag, but god do i feel bad for the new people who come along. perhaps ill post a thread with quick instructions in this portal, itll help with the dead weight in this thread. i stand by what i said, if someone needs any help, ill be more than happy to get at you on AIM/gtalk/ect. id crossloop if more of this was done sans pc, but your on your own as far as the rest

is anyone using this kernel with an extended battery? whats the temp like?
    Will you also relay the warnings to those that come to you?
    Will you also be there to help each and every user with the simplest of issues that they then blame on the kernel?
    Will you talk them through how to doctor in recovery, send a bootie image and other trouble shooting when things go wrong?