Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cheli2400 View Post
    Rod, can you tell me where to go or send me the exact link to the Thunderchief F105 kernel. Thanks
    You seem to be having difficulty with a lot of the 'basics', it is for this reason that I recommend you don't install the kernel.
    Also as a heads up unixpsycho is the dev of this kernel and not rwhitby (although he takes the time to answer alot of questions in this thread).

I recommend you get comfortable with
    doctoring and linux commandline before attempting installation of any alpha kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheli2400 View Post
    Rod, can you tell me where to go or send me the exact link to the Thunderchief F105 kernel. Thanks
    the thunder-chief kernel is located in preware, an app that must install via webosquickinstall. once installed, you have to enable the testing feeds to be able to view, download, and install. if you just google "overclock palm pre" theres a ton of youtube videos showing you how to do it. all the appropiate files are also just a google away, i wish you luck!

doesnt it make more sense to make a sticky on howto do all of this? seems it would be less time consuming than constantly telling people their not ready...people come to THIS website for the information, but you all just tell them to go away and learn for themselves. why not post the relevant links and information in a way that when someone comes across this site, they have all the information they need and dont have to feel the need to ask the questions? it seems to me its lacking on YOUR part, not theirs.

its sickeningly similar to the people over at xda, only difference being as much as that moaned about how annoying it was to get nailed by n00bs, they actually helped instead of sending them away like a dog who pee'd on the carpet.

if any other people have questions that their scared to ask because people here pull the blanket, feel free to email me

sinistermashes@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You seem to be having difficulty with a lot of the 'basics', it is for this reason that I recommend you don't install the kernel.
    Also as a heads up unixpsycho is the dev of this kernel and not rwhitby (although he takes the time to answer alot of questions in this thread).

I recommend you get comfortable with
    doctoring and linux commandline before attempting installation of any alpha kernel.
    im looking at the OP, and wondering how anyone could have possibly gathered from the information given what to do. i also reviewed the stickies and all the available information and am still at a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistermeshes View Post
    im looking at the OP, and wondering how anyone could have possibly gathered from the information given what to do. i also reviewed the stickies and all the available information and am still at a loss.
    Yes but you haven't read all of the thread. And that is expected of an alpha tester.
    The OP wants effective alpha testers, those that are effective will be able to find the necessary information.
    Those that are not effective should wait for the features of this kernel to reach the public release Uberkernel.
    Yes but you haven't read all of the thread. And that is expected of an alpha tester.
    The OP wants effective alpha testers, those that are effective will be able to find the necessary information.
    Those that are not effective should wait for the features of this kernel to reach the public release Uberkernel.
    isnt it the responsibility of the developer to post the information in a central easy to find place? why should ANYONE be expected to read through 70 pages of the samesamesame question, when he could just have put it in his OP and solve all the issues?

it just seems haphazard to me. the fact is, EVERYONE could be effective if the information was there for everyone to obtain.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    all the info is on the forums...the people who are having trouble finding it should either look harder or just forget about it. if you can't figure out how to add custom feeds and whatnot, how are you going to be an effective alpha tester? what will you do if/when something goes wrong?

the folks at webOS Internals are probably busy enough as it is and shouldn't have to field questions from noobs all the time. I'm surprised they're as helpful as they are, quite frankly.

This reply is spot on. These TESTING kernels can seriously damage your phone. This is *ALPHA* grade.

That said, all the info needed is available at:

install.preware.org

If someone reads the first post, and for some reason doesn't type "preware tests feeds" into google, that info is right there too. It's really not hard, but the way things are is done for a reason (in a way): it's designed to keep the people who don't undestand that they can end up with a puddle of molten plastic away from the software that can do it.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    all the info is on the forums...the people who are having trouble finding it should either look harder or just forget about it. if you can't figure out how to add custom feeds and whatnot, how are you going to be an effective alpha tester? what will you do if/when something goes wrong?

the folks at webOS Internals are probably busy enough as it is and shouldn't have to field questions from noobs all the time. I'm surprised they're as helpful as they are, quite frankly.
    could you possibly link me to this information? im looking all over this front page and see no sticky or anything to give anyone a clue-in as to where to go. more than likely, they clicked a link or followed a google search result to arrive here, and if thats the case, why cant that information be right here for them, when they arrive?

the developers at WI are very helpful, and extremely skilled...but in reality are only making more work in the grand scheme. they should be posting here if their not going to so much as link to the information
    isnt it the responsibility of the developer to post the information in a central easy to find place? why should ANYONE be expected to read through 70 pages of the samesamesame question, when he could just have put it in his OP and solve all the issues?

it just seems haphazard to me. the fact is, EVERYONE could be effective if the information was there for everyone to obtain.

You are right, it is his responsibility and he most certaily has. This kernel is available through the Preware Testing feeds. Thoses that are unable to find out what that means shouldn't be running ALPHA grade software on their device.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    This reply is spot on. These TESTING kernels can seriously damage your phone. This is *ALPHA* grade.

That said, all the info needed is available at:

install.preware.org

If someone reads the first post, and for some reason doesn't type "preware tests feeds" into google, that info is right there too. It's really not hard, but the way things are is done for a reason (in a way): it's designed to keep the people who don't undestand that they can end up with a puddle of molten plastic away from the software that can do it.

M.
    installing a kernel involves all of plugging your device into the pc via usb, installing an app through a program, then typing a link into preware. most 15 year olds could do this.
    installing a kernel involves all of plugging your device into the pc via usb, installing an app through a program, then typing a link into preware. most 15 year olds could do this.

And you clearly havn't read either as that's not how these are installed.

Aside, a <=15 year old can indeed type (whatever) in as is evidenced by a lot of the posts here. Then they come back asking why their phone won't boot anymore...

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu73 View Post
    you are right, it is his responsibility and he most certaily has. This kernel is available through the preware testing feeds. Thoses that are unable to find out what that means shouldn't be running alpha grade software on their device.

M.
    more than likely, they clicked a link or followed a google search result to arrive here, and if thats the case, why cant that information be right here for them, when they arrive?

The developers at wi are very helpful, and extremely skilled...but in reality are only making more work in the grand scheme. They should be posting here if their not going to so much as link to the information

Aside, a <=15 year old can indeed type (whatever) in as is evidenced by a lot of the posts here. Then they come back asking why their phone won't boot anymore...

M.
    hey man thats how i did it. had it installed in less than 10 minutes
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    could you possibly link me to this information? im looking all over this front page and see no sticky or anything to give anyone a clue-in as to where to go. more than likely, they clicked a link or followed a google search result to arrive here, and if thats the case, why cant that information be right here for them, when they arrive?

the developers at WI are very helpful, and extremely skilled...but in reality are only making more work in the grand scheme. they should be posting here if their not going to so much as link to the information
    check google if you're having trouble finding the info in the forums...though everything you need to know can most definitely be found in the forums.

I recommend that you read through all 70 pages before installing. That is expected of an alpha tester. If you are not prepared to do that then you are not ready to alpha test.

And in fact evrything is in a central place, it is called webos internals wiki page. You can find all relevant information there as well.
    hey man thats how i did it. had it installed in less than 10 minutes

I'm sure you did. I think that about sums all this up too.

M.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

M.
    and the webOS Internals devs and other forum members still help these people out when they are supposed to know the risks and be comfortable with doctoring or loading the stock kernel via usb BEFORE installing ALPHA kernels and apps...that's what amazes me.
    and the webOS Internals devs and other forum members still help these people out when they are supposed to know the risks and be comfortable with doctoring or loading the stock kernel via usb BEFORE installing ALPHA kernels and apps...that's what amazes me.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with it either, but, I do VERY MUCH respect their professionalism in that regard.

M.
    I know. But if you don't help them then they will spam about 30 threads looking for an answer which they should already know, as evidenced by more than one user at the beginning of SR71.

Anyway, to get this thread back on topic. Unix, what is the roadmap to getting 1005mhz into UberKernel?
    How happy are you with stability?
    I haven't has issues on any of the releases I have used, so am wondering if there any specifics you want us to test? I don't think we ever got any evidence of this kernel causing luna reboots.
    my final word:

if their not going to help people, without so much as a link or even a tutorial on THIS website, then why post it here for people to stumble across and become frustrated with the secrets? i googled overclocking palm pre, and came across this website, not webos internals. you should take it down if your not going to be informative about it. when people show up here, they expect to find everything they need here.

yeah you guys would be great buddies with the people over at xda. dramadramadrama

ill go join the rest of the n00bs in the huge pee puddle in the living room now, thanks for your time