Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 195964656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    my last post was confusing.

Right now my setting is on TRUE 96mb while i look under compressed swap.

So was I able to make the change? Just trying to figure out what you meant by "F105 does not have support for configurable compcache."

It knows what memlimit you need
    Quote Originally Posted by THE SYNERGY View Post
    my last post was confusing.

Right now my setting is on TRUE 96mb while i look under compressed swap.

So was I able to make the change? Just trying to figure out what you meant by "F105 does not have support for configurable compcache."

It knows what memlimit you need
    Reboot and see what it says.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    after reboot setting is TRUE 16mb. now im wondering if i slowed my phone down considering it always used to be as 20480 when i installed Govnah and F105.
    Just updated last nigt to the latest version F105 on my sprint pre. I have still had the random luna restarts. During the last 2 updates before the luna restarts my phone would start to vibrate (like I was getting a multiple messages). It seemed like it was in some kind of a loop. Two of the restarts happened after I removed my phone from the touchstone charger. I Have had other multiple restarts from playing with Google maps as well as BFG maps, street view (only on bfg maps).

I removed the F105 85 and am trying to duplicate. Then wil reinstall later today to try again.

Thanks for all your work! Love the F105.
    hi guys
    im sorry that im about to noob out, i really hope you dont trip

so im trying to install the 1ghz kernal, but cant seem to find it in preware. i enabled testing feeds following the internals wiki

[grr i cant post links]

to no avail

i also tried a suggestion like this

Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    They're easy to find. Look at your list of preware feeds, and then point your web browser to the root path of the URL for the webos-internals feeds that already exist (it's LINKLINKLINK). Easy to figure out where to go from there. If you can't, you probably shouldn't be messing with this stuff, as everyone else is quick to point out.

I never remember this stuff, so that's the method I use if I ever want to add something interesting.
    and in my managed feeds i can see a bunch of feeds i manually added, but nothing shows up in the kernal section (preware>available other>kernal/) the 5 other kernals show up but no thunder chief

i thank you most kindly
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistermeshes View Post
    hi guys
    im sorry that im about to noob out, i really hope you dont trip

so im trying to install the 1ghz kernal, but cant seem to find it in preware. i enabled testing feeds following the internals wiki

i thank you most kindly
    Read the directions in this link under "Kernel Testing Feeds" and follow it CAREFULLY:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle View Post
    Read the directions in this link under "Kernel Testing Feeds" and follow it CAREFULLY:
    thanks very much for the quick response, but in my original wouldbe-link, that was actually what i followed. i even saw a suggestion to make sure to include the backslash, but from what i understand, that is just a placeholder for preware to fix up for you.

longstoryshort i followed those directions to no avail

edit:
    i feel that wasnt convincing enough. i PROMISE i followed those directions down the the "T"
    im coming from android (hero/samsung moment) so i can give my word that i know how to read and follow directions

id post screenshots of my managed feeds displaying those feeds, but i cant post pictures
    thanks very much for the quick response, but in my original wouldbe-link, that was actually what i followed. i even saw a suggestion to make sure to include the backslash, but from what i understand, that is just a placeholder for preware to fix up for you.

edit:
    i feel that wasnt convincing enough. i PROMISE i followed those directions down the the "T"
    im coming from android (hero/samsung moment) so i can give my word that i know how to read and follow directions

id post screenshots of my managed feeds displaying those feeds, but i cant post pictures
    Delete all testing feeds that you tried adding. Read and heed all the warnings and then follow the instructions in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/255770-newb-how-do-i-add-testing-feeds-through-preware-2.html#post2567143
    If it still does not work then you are doing something wrong.
    Did you reboot your phone exactly when it tells you to?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Did you reboot your phone exactly when it tells you to?

M.
    I most certainly did. Has there ever been an issue like this before? There must be something obvious I'm missing. I'm going back in for the...93rd try?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Delete all testing feeds that you tried adding. Read and heed all the warnings and then follow the instructions in this thread
    If it still does not work then you are doing something wrong.
    i have followed those direcctions, seeing as how their word for word what is in the wiki. however, deleting the testing feeds and starting over is a great suggestion. going in for it now! thanks!
    deleting the FIRST test feed (with a misspelled "kernAl") and updating the feeds worked like a charm

thanks so much guys
    deleting the FIRST test feed (with a misspelled "kernAl") and updating the feeds worked like a charm

thanks so much guys

Is it spelled that way in the directions? I've tried to go through a lot of the (main) pages and change the ones I've noticed.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Is it spelled that way in the directions? I've tried to go through a lot of the (main) pages and change the ones I've noticed.

M.
    i think i followed some obscure directions the first time, definatly not the wiki (which i just followed once i had deleted all the rest)

man this thing is fast! less than a second for nondata apps, less than five for the camera and all the rest (fb ect)
    For the WebOS 1.4.5 update, do I need to remove F105 or is this being considered OTA safe? It seems I have heard both ways on this. If it needs to be removed, what is the correct way to remove it? Uninstall through Preware followed by full reboot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    For the WebOS 1.4.5 update, do I need to remove F105 or is this being considered OTA safe? It seems I have heard both ways on this. If it needs to be removed, what is the correct way to remove it? Uninstall through Preware followed by full reboot?
    You could just meta tap the icon and hit remove then do full reboot of the phone...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Can you tell me what the opt key is? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheli2400 View Post
    Can you tell me what the opt key is? Thanks
    The one listed as Option in the user manual that came with your phone?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Followed the instructions exactly, I see the testing feed but when I open Govnah, is says I'm still running 800mhz not 1000mhz. How do I activate the 1000mhz kernal. Did I do something wrong? Thanks
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Rod, can you tell me where to go or send me the exact link to the Thunderchief F105 kernel. Thanks