Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Day 4, everything is runnig good so far. Still have good temps and battery life. No problems what so ever. Well it seems to be working just fine for me so I will report if I have any problems. Great job Unixpsycho!
    did anybody ever have problem with the camera. Not on 1st startup but lets say you start it up the 1st time and then u put it in the background, then u bring it back up, for me it used to take like 20 seconds to take a picture. I doctored my phone couple days ago and haven't installed the kernal and haven't had any problems with my camera.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

For me that is one of the highlights of this kernel is how smooth the camera is now compared to before. But then again I don"t think I have as much stuff on my phone as others do so that could be a reason.
    been getting a lot of reboots at times when i start up the messaging app on the new release. anyone else?
    no reboots or luna restarts for me like before. But I have doctored my Pre like 5 times since SR71 came out so I believe I am going to stick with the Thunderchief now.
    So I dont know exactly where this is suppose to go so i'm placing it here (cause i currently have F105). I installed SR71 kernel and updated it to the latest version. Randomly today my phone started hitting temps of 52 degrees and was eating the battery alive. lose of 70% of battery in under 2 hrs. i removed the kernel and and installed f105-83. The huge battery drain problem is gone but the phone is running at 53 degrees with no cards except govah open. I was going to try and doctor the pre and reinstall the F105 kernel and do some test. If they pass then install the SR71 and do some test. But before I do the doctor are there any logs that you would like to get from the phone?

looks like my phone may have finally wore out. We will have to wait and see.
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    I have the F105 83 installed on my sprint pre. I have still had a few random luna's. It seems with all the F105 updates that i've installed the random lunas have been within the first day, 24 hours.

During a luna restart today before the phone froze it started to vibrate multiple times (like I was getting a mesg). The program I was using was google maps. I tried to do it again.

All the luna restarts have just been random. I havnt been getting very many at all. I've tried to duplicate them with no luck as of yet.

Thanks for all you do with this kernel. The F105 Rocks!
    I have only one word for this FLAWLESS!!!! Installed 3 days ago and i have not seen 1 TMC error, i hasn't overheat 1 time and a sudden boot?? what is that? is ridiculously fast for 99.9 of anything but google maps and even that is a lot faster then before and last but not least my battery life is much better.

Thank you, thank you sooooo much you are a genius.
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    Alright so after installing the palm pre recovery kernel and then letting the phone cool down and then installed F105-74 my pre temp is in the range of 32 - 37 degrees. I am going to let it let it cool down for a while so that I can get a base temp and then I plan on updating to the latest version of the kernel and seeing what happens. If all is still smooth I will then try and move back to the SR71.

Is it possible that matching the SR71 OPP6 voltage for the 1.005ghz and increasing bumping the DSP clock would cause such heating problems? Or is it more likely that my pre has just hit a limit and is heading towards a replacement?
    please explain! I cant stand my pre when running stock kernel! I have looked everywhere it seems! please =]
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your guess is not correct.

-- Rod
    please explain! I cant stand my pre when running stock kernel! I have looked everywhere it seems! please =] sorry reposted with qoute
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    please explain! I cant stand my pre when running stock kernel! I have looked everywhere it seems! please =] sorry reposted with qoute
    Which pages of this thread have you read so far?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Which pages of this thread have you read so far?

-- Rod
    i have read plenty, I use preware i use feeds, i go to kernels and all i get are placement holders for uber kernel fo when it works for 1.4.5, and recovery kernel, please explain if am am doing anything wrong.. i am pulling my hair out :/
    I have wonderful news! After updating to F105-85 and letting the phone run for 30 mins or so, the temp issue doesnt seem to exist. Also the battery drain is around 1.13% without programs running and pretty descent with stuff running. I am going to run with this for the rest of the day and see what the outcome looks like tomorrow night. Then I might have to switch back over to the SR71 thread.
    Ok, I'm going to take the plunge from f102a. Do I need to uninstall 102 first?
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    i have read plenty, I use preware i use feeds, i go to kernels and all i get are placement holders for uber kernel fo when it works for 1.4.5, and recovery kernel, please explain if am am doing anything wrong.. i am pulling my hair out :/
    Let me google that for you
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Ok, I'm going to take the plunge from f102a. Do I need to uninstall 102 first?
    Before anyone attacks your post. What would your first instinct be?
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    haha thats awesome =] big thanks to you! and how did you do the google thing it made me laugh and solved my problems. thank you thank you thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    three questions

when i set 105 to 250 min, it still runs at 500, is this normal?

where do i find the test feeds?

do i have to remove my previous overclock kernel, before installing 105?

The answers are:

1) African Dingo

2) TV Jelly

3) Skateboard Iris

-- Rod
    Yes Hatchettjack you must remove the any kernel that u were running, for the test feeds go to Main Page - WebOS Internals to left of the page there is a search box for the site do a query for "kernels testing feeds" and make sure to follow Mr's indications of how to add the feed to preware also make sure that is the guide for kernels testing feeds and not for "testing feeds" (diferent feeds) and when u set the speeds in Govnah make sure that the one set for 250 or 125 (your choice) is Min.freq. also make sure to tap on apply settings before u leave that screen.

Good luck.
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    well thanx but now i stand by my first post and say that it doesnt work with 1.4.5 , i have done everything right.. enabled "testing feed" but it wont show in preware.. i have updated feeds over and over.

now what