Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #1301  
    -83 has been good to me. Great temps, and batt life. Suits my usage style.

    The bad news is that my friend beat me in some races though with his new iphone in web browsing. Even with no cards opened.

    I have experienced a couple of random reboots which were gone for me and hadn't happened at all during the -74 and -76 updates. It looks to have resurfaced, though it has not happened again to me for more than a couple of days.


    Only other issue I still exerience from time to time are the occasional app launch lags, non responsive quick launch taps and drag radius lag, even with the drag radius patch installed. My guess is that drag lag has perhaps more to do with a connection issue through my wifi and the web servers.... Other than those few things, f105 has been a fun and fairly smooth ride.



    Big ups to the folks developing and packaging this great kernel for us. Tremendous work.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/20/2010 at 08:16 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  2. #1302  
    I don't want to beat a dead horse but @RoLLEmUp you may want to Doctor and start over. My Pre had the same issues you describe but once I Doctored and re-installed F105, those issues are gone. The Pre works like a charm! No lag, quick and no re-boots. I have to restart it just to make sure I clear out the cob webs! lol
  3. ChillHill's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #1303  
    sorry if this is a dumb question...

    but what are my main benefits of changing the Compcache memory limit?
  4. #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    sorry if this is a dumb question...

    but what are my main benefits of changing the Compcache memory limit?
    See the following thread.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2529170
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
  5. #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    I don't want to beat a dead horse but @RoLLEmUp you may want to Doctor and start over. My Pre had the same issues you describe but once I Doctored and re-installed F105, those issues are gone. The Pre works like a charm! No lag, quick and no re-boots. I have to restart it just to make sure I clear out the cob webs! lol

    I doctored and then installed this, my temps are fine, and no reboots, but I do have some of the problems he mentioned...

    Im still on 76 though, Im trying to get the kernels testing feed but I found out I dont have the newest version of preware which Im getting now so it should work and Ill be on a later version of the kernel soon, maybe it will solve some things...
  6. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    For the love of God and all that is Holy.

    Why do people think 250Mhz actually works when i clearly document 500MHz is the min? It's not like I dont say this every 3-4 pages or so? It's not like the 1st post doesnt clearly state this?

    Somebody please stick a rusty fork in my eye.
    Sorry, but I won't do that! We need you to keep up your hard work on these kernels!

    People believe the feedback that Govnah gives in terms of what the profile says, instead of looking at what Govnah is actually TELLING them. These are the same people who will look at a broken thermostat reading saying the temperature is 72 because the dial is set there while at the same time sweating because the temperature is actually 95 and the system is just broken.

    This is one where Govnah should remove those 125MHz and 250MHz entries since no kernel uses them and it is false information. That isn't for this thread though.
  7. #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    I don't want to beat a dead horse but @RoLLEmUp you may want to Doctor and start over. My Pre had the same issues you describe but once I Doctored and re-installed F105, those issues are gone. The Pre works like a charm! No lag, quick and no re-boots. I have to restart it just to make sure I clear out the cob webs! lol

    lol,no worries. I wanted to run a doctor either way. That's one beat up; dead ugly horse. But well worth it
    I'll be setting up another rematch with my friends iphone after I get my prprpr&#$275$; $back$ $to$ $atomic$ $thunder$ $performance$



    UPDATE: After my earlier post, -83 has been on a smooth and responsive performance. Could it be my phone is properly digesting since the update
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/21/2010 at 05:50 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  8. #1308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Sorry, but I won't do that! We need you to keep up your hard work on these kernels!

    People believe the feedback that Govnah gives in terms of what the profile says, instead of looking at what Govnah is actually TELLING them. These are the same people who will look at a broken thermostat reading saying the temperature is 72 because the dial is set there while at the same time sweating because the temperature is actually 95 and the system is just broken.

    This is one where Govnah should remove those 125MHz and 250MHz entries since no kernel uses them and it is false information. That isn't for this thread though.
    Actually, Govnah queries the kernel and displays the exact set of options that the kernel presents. Marco simply hasn't bothered to do the extra work to make the kernel not present those options, cause effective alpha testers always read and understand the whole of the available documentation before installing the kernel and again before posting questions in this thread.

    Isn't that right? Yes, I knew it was.

    Note that the kernels that are not in alpha testing (e.g. UberKernel) have the attention applied to make sure that they only present the correct information to those people who are not of the right mettle to be an effective alpha tester and who just install kernels and post questions without thinking or reading.

    -- Rod
  9. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #1309  
    Ok rwhitby, I stand corrected. I stand by most of what I have said though, where people look at the profile settings without looking at what govnah is telling them the current run speed is set to.

    If govnah tells me the phone is running at 500MHz, and Unix tells us that the kernel doesn't go below 500MHz in F105, then I won't assume that the kernel is running below that speed.
  10. #1310  
    I've had F105 for a while now and I just noticed that the Game SkyBox doesn't appear to work. I don't see the graphics, does anyone else have this issue?
  11. #1311  
    I'm sure this has been asked but I'm somewhat new to these forums so sorry. Is there a reason why charging ur pre with the F105 Thunderchief keeps you at 500mhz. If I know I'm gonna sit on my pre for an extended amount of time I usually plug the charger in b4 I go to war. Just looking for an answer. Thanx
  12. #1312  
    unix stated in the begining that when on the charger it will scale to 500mhz period.

    1GHz max CPU speed
    Port from F102A Delta Dagger
    500/1005 Screenstate (low end can NOT be changed)

    Screenstate is REQUIRED!!! Dont argue with me!

    To reiterate how screenstate works in this release:
    LCD off - 500MHz
    LCD on - Full speed or by max policy
    Charging via wall charger - 500MHz
    Charging by USB - normal operation
    Please report back any anomalies. This has worked for me for the past 2 days.

    WATCH YOUR TEMP!!!!
  13. #1313  
    yeah I got that thread I guess I was just lookin for more of an indepth reason. Thanx though
  14. #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    For the love of God and all that is Holy.

    Why do people think 250Mhz actually works when i clearly document 500MHz is the min? It's not like I dont say this every 3-4 pages or so? It's not like the 1st post doesnt clearly state this?

    Somebody please stick a rusty fork in my eye.
    Please save your eyes, since it is hard to make awesome kernels without them.

    I do applogize for not paying attention to the "low end cannot be changed" part. When I was running an 800 overclock, I had it set to 250/800, and just kinda assumed it worked on this kernel. See what assuming gets me!

    Is there a reason the low end can't be 250? Because when the screen is off, I could careless how fast it is, at that point it is all about battery consumption.

    Feel free to tell me to go read through the first 65 pages if you've already answered this....
  15. #1315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    Please save your eyes, since it is hard to make awesome kernels without them.

    I do applogize for not paying attention to the "low end cannot be changed" part. When I was running an 800 overclock, I had it set to 250/800, and just kinda assumed it worked on this kernel. See what assuming gets me!

    Is there a reason the low end can't be 250? Because when the screen is off, I could careless how fast it is, at that point it is all about battery consumption.

    Feel free to tell me to go read through the first 65 pages if you've already answered this....
    When the screen is off, the device does a full garbage collection, and then turns off all the clocks (0MHz).

    You want that to happen quickly, so it can be idle longer.

    Google 'linux race to idle' for more info.

    500 when charging is due to overtemp.

    -- Rod
  16. #1316  
    three questions

    when i set 105 to 250 min, it still runs at 500, is this normal?

    where do i find the test feeds?

    do i have to remove my previous overclock kernel, before installing 105?


  17. #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When the screen is off, the device does a full garbage collection, and then turns off all the clocks (0MHz).

    You want that to happen quickly, so it can be idle longer.

    Google 'linux race to idle' for more info.

    500 when charging is due to overtemp.

    -- Rod
    This is why you develop kernels and I don't. Great reasoning!
  18. #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    three questions

    when i set 105 to 250 min, it still runs at 500, is this normal?

    where do i find the test feeds?

    do i have to remove my previous overclock kernel, before installing 105?


    The answers are:

    1) African Dingo

    2) TV Jelly

    3) Skateboard Iris

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    three questions

    when i set 105 to 250 min, it still runs at 500, is this normal?

    where do i find the test feeds?

    do i have to remove my previous overclock kernel, before installing 105?


    Here comes the rusty fork again!
  20.    #1320  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    three questions

    when i set 105 to 250 min, it still runs at 500, is this normal?

    Where do i find the test feeds?

    Do i have to remove my previous overclock kernel, before installing 105?


    :d:d:d:d:d:d
    lmao!!! :d
    Live free or DIE!

Posting Permissions