Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Problems updating from -76 to -83.
    Sprint Pre on 1.4.1.1 with Preware 1.2.2. Attempted update, Preware just sat at Spinner screen saying Downloading/Updating, download progess never displayed (after letting it sit for about 5 mins). Rebooted Pre and now Preware doesn't see that F105 is installed. Checked Govnah and Pre is running at 1005mhz. Anything you guys would like me to do at this point?
    I updated Preware just prior to attempting to update F105, so I don't know if it's a Preware issue or not.
    It is a Preware issue. Fixed in Preware 1.2.3.

Install F105 again. If it fails verification, then install the Palm recovery kernel and then F105.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/20/2010 at 06:47 AM.
    Thanks. F105 failed verification so I had to take the "install recovery kernel, install F105 kernel" route.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    How is the new build of F105 working for folks? I've been waiting to upgrade, since the SR71 thread has me a little scared!
    No issues for me so far since installing a little over an hour ago.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    No issues for me so far since installing a little over an hour ago.
    +1
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    (blanking post. I put it in the wrong thread)
    installed -83... everything is working just fine!
    Ok--upgraded and seems to be working as well as the previous version so far. Notice no differences for better or worse, except the phone restarted in Screenstate 500/800 Governor and I had to turn it up to 1005. Restarted again and confirmed that it repeated this behavior. Previously it would always revert to the default F105 settings. I'm using Govnah v0.5.9.

Any ideas what's up with that?

Thanks.
    Day 3 and still as smooth as a babies ****. No problems so far and I have put about 5 days worth of use in 3 days. Everything seems to be much snapier and smooth. Good temps and battery life is normal. I'll report more tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Ok--upgraded and seems to be working as well as the previous version so far. Notice no differences for better or worse, except the phone restarted in Screenstate 500/800 Governor and I had to turn it up to 1005. Restarted again and confirmed that it repeated this behavior. Previously it would always revert to the default F105 settings. I'm using Govnah v0.5.9.

Any ideas what's up with that?

Thanks.
    Did you create a profile for f105, save it, and select it?

-- Rod
    Rod - I have now, but previously this kernel always seemed to default to 1005 and I never changed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Rod - I have now, but previously this kernel always seemed to default to 1005 and I never changed it.
    I suspect you selected a Profile in Govnah, which then automatically made that profile sticky, and applied to later kernels that you install.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    F105 has been working for me for about a week. No Problems, yet. I've found I like running the the screenstate at 250 minimum and 1005 maximum, as it keeps the temps it a prefect range.
    Maybe I had clumsy fingers, Rod. Will see if it sticks now that I selected and saved a profile, thanks. Always appreciate your insight! (Speaking of which...did you see my post over on the Govnah thread? If you can solve that mystery, I'll really be indebted! haha).
  15.    #1295  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    F105 has been working for me for about a week. No Problems, yet. I've found I like running the the screenstate at 250 minimum and 1005 maximum, as it keeps the temps it a prefect range.
    For the love of God and all that is Holy.

Why do people think 250Mhz actually works when i clearly document 500MHz is the min? It's not like I dont say this every 3-4 pages or so? It's not like the 1st post doesnt clearly state this?

Somebody please stick a rusty fork in my eye.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    what temp does the cpu seem to average around with this kernel?

sorry idk if it said it somewhere else but theres 65 pages to read through so i just thought i'd ask
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    For the love of God and all that is Holy.

Why do people think 250Mhz actually works when i clearly document 500MHz is the min? It's not like I dont say this every 3-4 pages or so? It's not like the 1st post doesnt clearly state this?

Somebody please stick a rusty fork in my eye.
    http://blog.daniellelacey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/1430021717_2634f2acb4.jpg
    i guess this doesnt work for us users who have os 1.4.5.. sux, i have to wait for something you have to wait for! how soon do oyou think this will be ready for 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    i guess this doesnt work for us users who have os 1.4.5.. sux, i have to wait for something you have to wait for! how soon do oyou think this will be ready for 1.4.5?
    Your guess is not correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    For the last 2 and a half weeks the F105 versions have been working well for me. I'm on a Sprint Palm Pre. I run to screenstate settings but mostly operate in 900 max and 250 min (which is actually 500 min, since the low end limit for this kernal does not go below 500) with 24mb compache enabled. My system rund smooths, no irregular activity. Temperature will stay around the mid 30's and low 40's sometimes approaching 45 when in heavy use but most of the time relatively cool. Battery life with the F105 has been reasonable. I play 3D games, text, talk, browse preware, wifi, with moderate use and am satisfied. There's no way that could ever go back to stock.
    Last edited by randolphslim; 07/21/2010 at 09:46 AM.