Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1221  
    Lets keep SR71 talk out of this thread.... but it seems all of a sudden F105 is considered "stable" by many.

Ironic.
    Live free or DIE!
    hey unixpsycho. is F105 Thunderchief.ipk not hosted on your site anymore for a reason? i keep getting Object not found Error 404. And im assuming after i have that file all i have to do is install via WebOS quick install?
    Last edited by THE SYNERGY; 07/18/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE SYNERGY View Post
    hey unixpsycho. is F105 Thunderchief.ipk not hosted your your site anymore for a reason? i keep getting Object not found Error 404. And im assuming after i have that file all i have to do is install via WebOS quick install?
    Preware is the correct way to install the webos-internals overclock kernels.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Preware is the correct way to install the webos-internals overclock kernels.
    then i am assuming it would be under kernals. there are only 4 kernals in that category. 2 Palm Kernals and 2 Uberkernels. I would think those are different from F105.
  5.    #1225  
    then i am assuming it would be under kernals. there are only 4 kernals in that category. 2 Palm Kernals and 2 Uberkernels. I would think those are different from F105.
    F105 is a test kernel... read 1st post again. That's why I write the 1st post. It wasnt meant to be ignored.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    F105 is a test kernel... read 1st post again. That's why I write the 1st post. It wasnt meant to be ignored.
    Trust me, I have read and reread your 1st post several times. But you state you will not tell me where its at. And like I have mentioned before, I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Im just trying to get a little more help because I have not had any progress since last night and Ive been reading up all day today also. I have added the Feeds I would think i need, Im sorry for asking so many questions and posting them on here but I have hit a wall.

Is your F105.ipk not hosted on your site anymore? Right now Im thinking thats whats stopping me but I could be wrong.
    im sorry and I bet you have so many questions coming to you.. but i have 1.4.5 installed and was wondering whats the fastest kernel available? and where can i find it? i search all your posts and come up with nothing.. am I stupid or am i missing something lol please help
    ok i guess im a newb at overclocking the pre. i stayed up reading till 6am and woke up at 12 today and got back on this trying to figure it out. i have opened and read several threads only gaining a little information at a time with no real progress.

so far all i have been able to do is....

Install Govnah. v0.5.9

Added These feeds to Preware.

Name: webos-testing-all
    URL: [url= of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/[/url]
    Name: webos-testing-armv7
    URL: [url= of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/[/url]
    Name: emulator-testing-i686
    URL: [url= of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/i686/[/url]
    Name: webos-kernels-testing
    URL: [url]

That's proof you read that page. Clearly you didn't read the whole page. I know exactly what's on that page since I personally updated it this morning. What is the section entitled *after* the standard Testing Feeds?

M.
  9.    #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    im sorry and I bet you have so many questions coming to you.. but i have 1.4.5 installed and was wondering whats the fastest kernel available? and where can i find it? i search all your posts and come up with nothing.. am I stupid or am i missing something lol please help
    noooooooooo!!! dont do it!

faster is not better unless you know how to fly it.

There is a reason why I am obscure about the location. There's a massacre going on in the other thread due to people that just wanted to have the "fastest" thing.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post

Listen to what 'Psycho is saying. You don't want the Latest and " Greastest" right now. It is getting pretty ugly in the thread right now. Most people are wiping their devices to get them running again. It's not called "Alpha Testing" for nothing.

BTW, UnixPsycho is the lead Developer of said kernel. If *HE'S* telling you that you shouldn't...

M.
    Name: webos-kernels-testing
    URL: http://preware.is.awesome.com/
    This says that you're either running a very old Preware version, or you didn't actually reboot your phone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Listen to what 'Psycho is saying. You don't want the Latest and " Greastest" right now. It is getting pretty ugly in the thread right now. Most people are wiping their devices to get them running again. It's not called "Alpha Testing" for nothing.
    The good news is that it's getting rid of a lot of old SPK or 800.sh installations in the process

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Lets keep SR71 talk out of this thread.... but it seems all of a sudden F105 is considered "stable" by many.

Ironic.
    How true!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The good news is that it's getting rid of a lot of old SPK or 800.sh installations in the process

-- Rod
    BWAHAHAHA!

How true!!

M.
    This says that you're either running a very old Preware version, or you didn't actually reboot your phone.

-- Rod
    I have Latest Preware and did reboot. I have a bit a progress. Still have ways to go, if its better I can PM one of you guys to not spam up this thread.

Otherwise, here goes. I was able to figure out what you meant by.

3. Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggle as is. By default, my preware option was set to ON so I had left it at that. I then switch that setting and rebooted.

I was able to find F105 in the feeds afterwards. While Installing i ran into an error. IPKG Log showed Download to have completed. Install Completed. Postinst stated. Unable to run command: "way too long to post". Kernel confirmed to be compatible. Verification Failed saying Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement.

All I have installed on pre are a few Homebrew aps and Patches. Nothing else is unchanged. I trying to figure out what it could be.
    I have Latest Preware and did reboot. I have a bit a progress. Still have ways to go, if its better I can PM one of you guys to not spam up this thread.

Otherwise, here goes. I was able to figure out what you meant by.

3. Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggle as is. By default, my preware option was set to ON so I had left it at that. I then switch that setting and rebooted.

I was able to find F105 in the feeds afterwards. While Installing i ran into an error. IPKG Log showed Download to have completed. Install Completed. Postinst stated. Unable to run command: "way too long to post". Kernel confirmed to be compatible. Verification Failed saying Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement.

All I have installed on pre are a few Homebrew aps and Patches. Nothing else is unchanged. I trying to figure out what it could be.
    Try installing the Stock kernel for Pre and see what happens.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    It should be ON, but will also work if OFF (we like redundancy).

It was the rebooting which fixed it for you, not the switch.

If you're on Bell Canada, install the Palm recovery kernel first.

-- Rod
    Just wondering what the differences between Warthog and F105 are.

TMC Error handling: Warthog is like Uberkernel in the fact that it handles it's calculations, F105 pretty much just tells it not to bother you.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  19. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    has any one else had problems with touchscreen registering with f105 (i haven't read thought the whole thread). In particular, the up swip for the launcher. The quick launch button works, but swiping fails 90% of the time. Also swiping in the launcher doesn't always work correctly.
    Have you confirmed that this is repeatable by uninstalling the kernel, confirming it works again, installing the kernel, confirming it doesn't work, and repeating those steps again twice more?

That is what an effective alpha tester should do as the very first thing before posting.

Also, will f105 be getting temperature dependent overclocking like SR71?

-- Rod

I uninstalled and reinstalled and i havent had the problem yet, but it didn;t happen immediately before.
    It should be ON, but will also work if OFF (we like redundancy).

It was the rebooting which fixed it for you, not the switch.

If you're on Bell Canada, install the Palm recovery kernel first.

-- Rod
    I had rebooted several times while I read up. I just deleted the feed and retyped it in. set to OFF and Opt, Sym and R, and was finally able to see it under kernels. I am in the US with Sprint. I installed the Palm Kernel, Rebooted, Installed F105 and Rebooted. I can now make changes to Govnah. I am now running 1GHz. Thank you guys! I currently have 20+ pages open (just to test). My temp has been floating around 45-48 and peaking at 51 with all these pages. What would you guys recommend to stay away from as far as temp wise.