Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nexgencpu View Post
    Just installed the Thunderchief f105-76. But during the installation it stalled. I was forced to quit preware, and thats when I ran into my main issue. Now my phone cannot complete a restart, just hangs during the palm loading circle. In the end I have no choice but to do a battery pull for a restart. Any advice?
    You may need to take your Pre(or Pre Plus) to the WebOS Doctor(after reading your other follow-up posts). I don't think it is a kernel problem as much as SOMETHING just isn't quite right with your phone right now.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Time to test out SR71 God I lve that jet lol. :-D
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Have SR71 on for about an hour so far and the only thing so far to question is that Preware is taking a lot longer to load (going on 5 minutes now) trying to recognize the the SR71 kernal.
    Quote Originally Posted by csalinardi View Post
    Don't give up on it yet! Try plugging/unplugging some headphones a few times. There's a switch in there that detects when headphones are connected. Sometimes it gets stuck, I've had this happen several times, a reboot doesn't help.
    Yeah, that was my first thought... Tried it, but no love. And if that's the case, I wouldn't be able to call out and hear it on the front speaker (handset? What's the real term for that, anyhow?). But I *can* call and hear it on the handset. If it thought I had earphones plugged in, I'd hear nothing, and it shows when I'm on the call that it's coming through the handset, not through earphones.

Dunno what's going on, dang it. :P

I'll keep trying, but I'll return my phone in a couple hours if it's still not going.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    has any one else had problems with touchscreen registering with f105 (i haven't read thought the whole thread). In particular, the up swip for the launcher. The quick launch button works, but swiping fails 90% of the time. Also swiping in the launcher doesn't always work correctly.
    I had this problem after I installed the virtual keyboard yesterday. I uninstalled the keyboard and my phone is back to its normal 1GHz speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    I had this problem after I installed the virtual keyboard yesterday. I uninstalled the keyboard and my phone is back to its normal 1GHz speed.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that you use a double tap in the gesture area to activate VK?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Vermithrax it's not a kernal mess up this is something I had to return my phone for towards the end of last year. I'd have them get you a new one.
    Is the main difference between this kernel and Warthog how it handles the TMC calculations?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Do we need a separate SR71 thread? Or did i miss it somewhere?

***First off...I know the risks, alpha kernel tester since beginning, not here for pity.***

Been testing the first SR71 release and now the latest. Both have been troublesome. Keep in mind that my Pre does not like speeds BELOW 500. As such, i dont think it likes speeds OVER 1005 either.

Initial install gave me continuous loop restarts. After several battery pulls, finally started up. Was able to get Govnah open and see it was running at 1.2ghz. Tried to open Preware and went back to continuous loop restarts.

Updated to newest release this morning and got it to load up. Switched from 1.2 down to 1005 and it worked great like F105. Tried to bump up to 1.2 and got continuous loop restarts again.

Hence i am doctoring now. I'm going to assume my Pre doesn't like extreme speeds, although i never had a single issue with 1005 which i have been using for weeks now.
  10.    #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Is the main difference between this kernel and Warthog how it handles the TMC calculations?
    This kernel doesnt handle it at all. It disables low memory checking.

Warthog will check just like Uber Kernel. But the calculations are more correct than stock Palm kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Guys is there a fix for bell users that were forced to upgrade to 1.4.5 yet?
    I finally got the balls to try this kernel.. And wow its awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This kernel doesnt handle it at all. It disables low memory checking.

Warthog will check just like Uber Kernel. But the calculations are more correct than stock Palm kernel.
    Alright, I'm just trying to learn the differences between F105 and Warthog. I'd love to see the new screenstate and handling of frequencies based on temperature added to UK/105/Warthog as well, it seems so brilliant.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Installed SR71 1.4.1.1-80 this morning and the only problem I expirenced was preware looping at scanning unknown package sr71. About 15 minutes ago installed 1.4.1.1-81 and when the pohne turned back the only apps I had where the stock apps. Then did a luna restart, all of my apps are back, and preware is even working...Just FYI
    Just wanted to add something to this thread. After trying the SR-71 kernel, I won't get into it on this thread, I had to Dr my Pre. Luckily the cloud has been very nice to me and I was able to get all my programs, patches, etc, back onto my Pre.

When I had F105 running before the Dr it would run decently good but not perfect. I would have the occasional scrolling delay, or a card would take a while to open. Most this happened with no other cards open. The program that would take the longest was Google Maps. But other than this there were no other issues what so ever.

After Doctoring the Pre, F105 runs blazing fast! The cards open up instantly. If I mistakingly open a wrong card, I don't have time to close it. The scrolling issue in the launcher, where it would take 1 second to react, is gone. Google Maps takes 4 seconds to open up and get my location. Before that would take 10-15 seconds.

Overall, the Pre feels snappier. I was able to get all the Patches back onto my Pre so my Pre is basically in the state it was before the doctor, minus any orphan code that could have been left behind due to me adding and deleting programs and patches.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Sounds like what happened to me but all I did was a quick luna restart
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    Just wanted to add something to this thread. After trying the SR-71 kernel, I won't get into it on this thread, I had to Dr my Pre. Luckily the cloud has been very nice to me and I was able to get all my programs, patches, etc, back onto my Pre.

When I had F105 running before the Dr it would run decently good but not perfect. I would have the occasional scrolling delay, or a card would take a while to open. Most this happened with no other cards open. The program that would take the longest was Google Maps. But other than this there were no other issues what so ever.

After Doctoring the Pre, F105 runs blazing fast! The cards open up instantly. If I mistakingly open a wrong card, I don't have time to close it. The scrolling issue in the launcher, where it would take 1 second to react, is gone. Google Maps takes 4 seconds to open up and get my location. Before that would take 10-15 seconds.

Overall, the Pre feels snappier. I was able to get all the Patches back onto my Pre so my Pre is basically in the state it was before the doctor, minus any orphan code that could have been left behind due to me adding and deleting programs and patches.
    Usually phones will feel a lot quicker than usual on first impact after doctoring, regardless of a kernel. I don't know why you had troubles before, because even at 720mhz my phone is just as quick as you describe your phone after doctoring. Perhaps you should reset it more often, set to minimal logging, etc.
    ok i guess im a newb at overclocking the pre. i stayed up reading till 6am and woke up at 12 today and got back on this trying to figure it out. i have opened and read several threads only gaining a little information at a time with no real progress.

so far all i have been able to do is....

Install Govnah. v0.5.9

Added These feeds to Preware.

Name: webos-testing-all
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/
    Name: webos-testing-armv7
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    Name: emulator-testing-i686
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/i686/
    Name: webos-kernels-testing
    URL: http://preware.is.awesome.com/

I have restarted and updated feeds. But I get stuck there trying to install Thunderchief. I have no idea where to find it on preware. This would be my first attempt to overclock my pre. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Sprint Palm Pre using Palm WebOS 1.4.1.1

Also, since I'm already posting for help. My other question would be.....

Why is it that when I open Govnah, my frequency is at 800 mhz. Does that mean I am already overclocking? And when i select Palm Default on the Profiles it goes back to 500mhz, afterward I cannot go back to 800 mhz setting until I restart the pre. I open up Govnah and its set to Unknown on Profile and its frequency is set to 800 mhz again.
    I have it at minimal logging. The problem is, and this is my laymen opinion, that I have installed and uninstalled every kernel offered by the great devs here. I have never Doctored my Pre before in the 7 months I've owned it.

I know it's not a placebo effect because even my e-mail, which would freeze my Pre while getting the information from the servers, is instant.

We'll see as I continue to use it and how the performance holds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipierce24 View Post
    Sounds like what happened to me but all I did was a quick luna restart
    I did a battery pull. I then did another battery pull and then connected it to the charger but the other kernel would not work on my "weak" Pre. 105 if good for me.