Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    further notes:
    memlimit is set at 16mb. attempts to increase it are fruitless.

no matter what I set the minfreq to, it drops down to 125mhz.

once I changed the maxfreq to 600mhz, attempts to set it back to 1ghz were futile.

likewise, upon screenstate change (with maxfreq set to 1ghz) it increased from 600mhz to 720mhz.

I clocked it down to 500mhz and then attempted 1ghz maxfreq, same result.

I tried to clock it up to 800mhz from 720mhz, nuthin' doin'.

it appears once I change the maxfreq, 720mhz becomes the upper limit.

attempting to reproduce all these issues after a restart now.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    one further note:
    upon lowering the maxfreq from 1ghz, 20mb memlimit now correctly applying at 500mhz, 600mhz and 720mhz.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    one further note:
    upon lowering the maxfreq from 1ghz, 20mb memlimit now correctly applying at 500mhz, 600mhz and 720mhz.
    You running the latest Govnah?
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    You running the latest Govnah?
    yes.
    I pulled out my battery and restarted the phone to make sure this was not a fluke.

all above issues are reproducible on my pre.
    scaling to 500mhz upon charging and screenstate change works as expected however.
  5.    #105  
    yes.
    I pulled out my battery and restarted the phone to make sure this was not a fluke.

all above issues are reproducible on my pre.
    scaling to 500mhz upon charging and screenstate change works as expected however.
    If your phone is scaling to 125Mhz then the kernel didnt install correctly. I have double-checked and tried to set mine at 125 via govnah and CLI and both were ignored (as expected).

There is no 800MHz option. If you see it in govnah then you have the wrong kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have had that package installed ...

So my advice to anyone who has had that package installed is to use the webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the advice, I've done the webOS Doctor on my Pre, so I'm now really for the next webOS OTA update with confidence.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    If your phone is scaling to 125Mhz then the kernel didnt install correctly. I have double-checked and tried to set mine at 125 via govnah and CLI and both were ignored (as expected).

There is no 800MHz option. If you see it in govnah then you have the wrong kernel.
    bit much to declare I've the wrong kernel simply because you're not seeing what I'm seeing.

regardless, it took me a few minutes to realize what you meant by "option." I've always had govnah set to manual entry, I'd forgotten a pop-up list displays by default.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both packages (kernel and govnah) and am now getting the expected results.

I was accessing terminal to verify my previous reports but I'll try to see if I can reproduce my previous issues when I'm sitting at my own computer and can access a proper cli (on device terminal simply isn't as robust...).
  8.    #108  
    bit much to declare I've the wrong kernel simply because you're not seeing what I'm seeing.

regardless, it took me a few minutes to realize what you meant by "option." I've always had govnah set to manual entry, I'd forgotten a pop-up list displays by default.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both packages (kernel and govnah) and am now getting the expected results.

I was accessing terminal to verify my previous reports but I'll try to see if I can reproduce my previous issues when I'm sitting at my own computer and can access a proper cli (on device terminal simply isn't as robust...).
    Well you should have said all that.

Remember, us developers get grumpy when alot of things are left "unsaid".
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    My experience using F105 1 GHz vs UK 800 MHz: Faster, snappier, overall better. App opening is noticeable faster with more cards open. Switching cards is more stable, and less laggy when having multiple cards open. Browsing and zooming is more smooth. Camera works. Photos are displayed faster than before. Screen on and off seems to be better too. As for temps and battery usage, they are slightly higher when streaming video and heavy use. Scrolling lists are a bit better. Launcher is more smoother, scrolls quickly. I installed it last night at 11 PM, and so far, I haven't rebooted since. No LunaSysMgr crashes, no lag, no instability issues. Phone and Messaging apps are very responsive. Notifications are still being properly displayed.

Any other specific info needed?
    I know it has been asked before, but will you consider to max freq during charging?

Users like me use the phone when laying in bed(and on the charger) ...and scaling it to 500 is a bit poor performance.
    Initial impressions: Fast. Very very fast. Performance benchmarks using sunspider put it as performing significantly faster than the 800mhz patch, and only 1.6% slower than the iPad. This think blazes. Battery drain during the 5 sunspider tests that I ran was negligible. Pulled up a few apps that would lag a bit and the responsiveness is amazing. Only installed it about an hour ago but so far temperatures are great, speeds are great, and I don't notice any faster battery drain than at 800mhz. More detailed tests forthcoming.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorx View Post
    My experience using F105 1 GHz vs UK 800 MHz: Faster, snappier, overall better. App opening is noticeable faster with more cards open. Switching cards is more stable, and less laggy when having multiple cards open. Browsing and zooming is more smooth. Camera works. Photos are displayed faster than before. Screen on and off seems to be better too. As for temps and battery usage, they are slightly higher when streaming video and heavy use. Scrolling lists are a bit better. Launcher is more smoother, scrolls quickly. I installed it last night at 11 PM, and so far, I haven't rebooted since. No LunaSysMgr crashes, no lag, no instability issues. Phone and Messaging apps are very responsive. Notifications are still being properly displayed.

Any other specific info needed?
    Very well tested! Thank you!

Let us know your battery life over time. It is assumed it will burn instantaneously, but would like to know how bad .

Mine gave 3%/hr drain over 14hours with moderate usage. That is a freak of nature i think, maybe need to play some Brother's in Arms for a while to see.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have had that package installed during a webOS upgrade, then it would have restored an incorrect version of LunaSysMgr. This has been proven to cause Universal Search problems, and probably causes other problems as well.

So my advice to anyone who has had that package installed is to use the webOS Doctor. The fact is that the person who packaged that (hint: it wasn't Marco, and it was packaging Marco's work against Marco's express wishes and not returning any of the proceeds back to Marco) didn't heed my warnings at the time, and produced a package which leaves crap behind in certain scenarios.

If you don't use the webOS Doctor, and have previously had that package installed, then we will assume that any problem you report lies there, and will ignore your posts until you do use the webOS Doctor. It's harsh, but you know who to blame (and it isn't anyone who has posted in this thread).

We have wasted far too much time on this issue already, hence the lack of enthusiasm in explaining it yet again, let alone diagnosing any residual problems that could be caused by it.

[Note that the frustration expressed in this post is not directed at you personally]

-- Rod
    Ok. If I uninstalled the .sh package before an OTA update do I still need a visit to the Dr? I have since used many of the other kernels and have F102 installed now. I don't notice that I have had any problems.

Thanks.
    i went from the 800.sh kernal, to F104, now F105 ..and all seems to work fine

No doctor needed.

YMMV however
    That's not a good test.

Did you pull battery to make sure it wasnt a fluke? After uninstalling, did you go back to see if, again, it was a fluke?

Just trying to rule out atmospheric interferences or Sun Spots.
    ..lol
    Visualboy advance is running very very well now
    I installed the F-105 a couple hours ago. My last Kernel was the Uber-40. The Uber is a great kernel, but the 105 takes it up another notch. I'm glad it has all the "stuff" built in so I don't need Govanh to set my preferences (Govanh is a great app, don't get me wrong). The F-105 has my preferences exactly. No problems whatsoever. Temps are normal and battery uses seems normal too. The only thing that bothers me is the F-105 was such an ugly airplane compared to the 102 and the 104. I hope this isn't an omen? P.S. My dad was in one of the first squadrons of the 102's. I guess it was quite the plane during it's hay-day.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Ok. If I uninstalled the .sh package before an OTA update do I still need a visit to the Dr? I have since used many of the other kernels and have F102 installed now. I don't notice that I have had any problems.

Thanks.
    Since we are on the horizon of a 1.4.5 update, I would recommend personally to doctor to WebOS 1.4.5 when the doctor is released. That is what I do every update to ensure a fresh clean install.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Stice View Post
    Initial impressions: Fast. Very very fast. Performance benchmarks using sunspider put it as performing significantly faster than the 800mhz patch, and only 1.6% slower than the iPad. This think blazes. Battery drain during the 5 sunspider tests that I ran was negligible. Pulled up a few apps that would lag a bit and the responsiveness is amazing. Only installed it about an hour ago but so far temperatures are great, speeds are great, and I don't notice any faster battery drain than at 800mhz. More detailed tests forthcoming.
    Mind sharing the results?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    In terms of the offending previous kernel that may require a trip to the doctor as a result of bad behavior on removal, before going to Uberkernel (and now F102--waiting a bit before deciding it is safe to jump in the water on F105, but it sounds very tempting....) I had the following installed:

com.unixpsycho.webos141_800mhzkernel.ipk

This is NOT the kernel that Rod and others are referring to in terms of messing up the LunaSysMgr and needing a doctor, right?

I removed it without event when I transitioned over to UK and Govnah (was using the old kernel with CPU Scaler).

Thanks!