Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Bell Palm pre running WebOS 1.4.5. On 1.4.1, I was previously running the F105 release -74 or -76, not quite sure. Since updating to 1.4.5, I get an IPKG error concerning F105 not supporting the current WebOS version, which makes sense, seeing as ithe version number, with updated feeds, etc. is 1.4.1-76. However, I see that some people are running F105 on 1.4.5, might I ask how? I can imagine installing with a -f --force to force it to install, but it seems that that isn't an option in Preware that I'm aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreencastle View Post
    Bell Palm pre running WebOS 1.4.5. One 1.4.1, I was previously running the F105 release -74 or -76, not quite sure. Since updating to 1.4.5, I get an IPKG error concerning F105 not supporting the current WebOS version (All via Preware, by the way). However, I see that some people are running F105 on 1.4.5, might I ask how? I can imagine installing with a -f --force to force it to install, but it seems that that isn't an option in Preware that I'm aware of.
    Yeah, I just got hold of the Bell doctor, and am investigating any changes now.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, I just got hold of the Bell doctor, and am investigating any changes now.

-- Rod
    Alright, thanks for the update.
    Been using the F105 for a few weeks now and I'm having barely any problems at all. Been updating, currently 74. Can't recall any temperature issues with it, while I had plenty using some 800MHz kernels. I've never seen it above about 38*C while idling in my pocket on a hot day, and around 45*C with heavy use while indoors (Sprint TV+World Cup). On the TS it very rarely goes above ~45*C, depending on the placement temperature.

Battery is great while idling. It'll only drop about 12-15% overnight (6-7 hours) when I can't charge. Just played Critical Mass for about 20 minutes and saw an 8% drop. With occasional browsing, Facebook, Preware, texting, and other not too demanding apps I'll see about 25% drop in about 4-5 hours. During the World Cup I would watch games during class and see ~45% drop an hour into the match, turning Sprint TV off during half time. One issue with the battery is that it tends to hang at 0% for a while. I've had it at 0% for about half an hour while having a conversation via texting. All these figures are about 80% on EVDO.

Stability is near perfect. Once or twice the phone became unresponsive but it caught up in a few seconds (usually during card swipe). No random restarts and no problem turning the screen on after idling.

I use Govnah and JSTop with auto garbage collect turned on. All bottom bar notifications are turned off except for texting and email. All email accounts are set to "As items arrive." Logging is disabled. GPS automatically turns on/off when opening/closing maps using the patch in Preware. I use the phone maybe 3-4 times a week now that my parents have learned to text.

And that's it. Oh, this is on a Sprint Pre running 1.4.1.1.
    -Pablo

Thanks a ton, Marco!
    Last edited by liight; 07/15/2010 at 11:44 PM.
    I have been using F105/74 for two days now. My settings are 125/1005 screenstate. The temperature have been steady between 34-44 degrees C. Of course, my overall speed of everything has increased dramatically, from restarts to the calendar. But, I have been having frequent freezes and battery drainage for whatever reason. I first thought it was because I had Govnah open all the time to monitor my temp., but reading the forum, tha is not the issue. I wonder why is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.president09 View Post
    My settings are 125/1005 screenstate.
    If I'm not mistaken, I've read this Kernel runs at a min of 500 in screenstate and 500 while plugged in to wall and on TS. 1005 - screen on and while plugged in to usb.

Anyone ..? correct me if I'm wrong.

From the First page
    * 1GHz max CPU speed
    * Port from F102A Delta Dagger
    * 500/1005 Screenstate (low end can NOT be changed)
    Last edited by coughdrops; 07/15/2010 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by coughdrops View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I've read this Kernel runs at a min of 500 in screenstate and 500 while plugged in to wall and on TS. 1005 - screen on and while plugged in to usb.

Anyone ..? correct me if I'm wrong.

From the First page
    * 1GHz max CPU speed
    * Port from F102A Delta Dagger
    * 500/1005 Screenstate (low end can NOT be changed)
    You are not mistaken...
    I just installed -76 and had to do a battery pull because the phone would not respond. It was charging (not on TS) with the screen off and I unplugged it, pressed the power button for the time, and nothing. Opening the slider didn't do anything either. I thought it had turned off but holding the power button did nothing.

I tried duplicating it and noticed an occasional delay for the screen to turn on but it seems to be working fine now.
    where can i download the kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    where can i download the kernel?
    Read the first post.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    You are not mistaken...
    Except mine always runs at 1ghz when the screen is one, whether its plugged in or not. Is this by design? And it does so almost immediately, when I read it was supposed to delay it slightly for those people who check their screen a lot.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Weird behavior I never had before. Phone was off and pressing the power button would not turn it on. That's the abnormal part. After pressing the power button several times, the phone rebooted (which I believe is normal). One more incident of strange behavior and off goes F105. thorne
    Time to take this beauty out for a test drive. Vroom vroom
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Hey!

• Sprint Pre (not launch)
    • webOS 1.4.1.1
    • Thunderchief 76
    • ScreenState 500/1000

I routinely copy (rsync) some large files to my Pre at night before I hit the hay (I use my Pre to listen to stuff while going to sleep). As the MP3 was copying (~250M) my screen turned off and I saw the wlan0 graph in GKrellm on my desktop stop. "Odd", I thought to myself. I turned my screen back on and the activity immediately shot back up to the 1.1M of a G connection. I manually turned off my screen and WiFi activity stopped again.

I did this several times during the copy to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I guess, in hind sight, I didn't let it sit with the screen off long enough to see if the rsync would actually time out and die. After I would turn the screen on, the rsync just kept going like it hadn't stopped at all.

Is this "normal" (as in I just never noticed it before) or is there something with new voltage tweaks of F105-76 that could be causing this?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Except mine always runs at 1ghz when the screen is one, whether its plugged in or not. Is this by design? And it does so almost immediately, when I read it was supposed to delay it slightly for those people who check their screen a lot.
    What version kernel do you have installed? Have you updated your feeds in Preware? The latest version is 1.4.1-76. When you say plugged in are you referring to usb or the wall charger/ts?
    update on testing. When I am on websites (i.e. Engadget, precentral) after the page fully loads and I am reading a topic after about 10 seconds it takes me to the top of the site. Only found on a few sites tho. Not all. Still a great kenel. No other problems so far.
  17.    #1137  
    This is great!!!!

The voltages are back to "stock" and now I am going to hear about things not working because of voltages. This is becoming ****ographic.
    Live free or DIE!
    I've been running 74 for about 48 hours now. (Sprint Pre; 1.4.1.1; Govnah 0.5.6; no themes; all patches removed). Previously, I had been running UK (screenstate 500/800) since it became available in the public feeds.

First impressions: Everything is just a little faster and smoother than UK. Stutters are extremely rare, even when scrolling through very long lists. Transitions are quick. Switching between portrait and landscape is nearly instantaneous. First thing I did was open 50 browser cards. Responsiveness was hardly diminished. I then opened Glyder 2 (on top of the 50 cards) just to see what would happen. Glyder is my only 3D game and by far my biggest memory hog. Even with UK, I always had to open it by itself and often had to reboot after closing it (or suffer through multiple TMCs.) To my surprise, it started loading, but eventually froze on the start prompt. My phone became completely unresponsive, unable to even restart. I was forced to do a battery pull. (Not surprising, since I was deliberately pushing too far.)

Initially, I did not notice any improvement over UK in loading webpages via EVDO. Now that my phone has had a chance to "digest" the kernel though, I do think I see a small improvement. It's a little more noticeable on WiFi.
    I've seen some lag occasionally (e.g. while Preware feeds updating) but less than with UK. Also, with UK, I sometimes experienced a very annoying lag in waking up the phone. That is completely gone now.

Hourly battery drain on standby has hovered between 6 - 8% at work (poor signal) and 1 - 2% at home (4-5 bars.) This includes Battery Monitor polling every 60 seconds, as well as some minor background email and weather updates activity. I haven't seen the temperature any higher than 35, but I haven't really pushed it yet. No audio problems or restarts.

Overall, I would say that the improvements over UK are subtle, but a lot of little details add up to a much better impression. It's difficult to explain the difference that the crispness and smoothness of the scrolling makes. I always thought it was fine (even running stock) but now it's more, dare I say, Evo-like. And of course, no TMCs, which is huge.

uNiXpSyChO, Rod, et al., it can't be said enough: Thank you all for your hard work. HP should be on their knees trying to recruit you all. Let's hope that they carry on Palm's laissez faire attitude towards this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredware1018 View Post
    update on testing. When I am on websites (i.e. Engadget, precentral) after the page fully loads and I am reading a topic after about 10 seconds it takes me to the top of the site. Only found on a few sites tho. Not all. Still a great kenel. No other problems so far.
    Yea mine too. It did that last night even though I haven't updated to -76. Did a reboot and back to normal. I can't really say if it's kernel related.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmiranda111 View Post
    First impressions: Everything is just a little faster and smoother than UK. Stutters are extremely rare, even when scrolling through very long lists.
    Did you happen to have Govnah running at the time, updating icons? That is known to cause major stutters. You only need Govnah to select the profile, then you close Govnah to actually experience what UberKernel does as a result.

If you leave Govnah open, you will experience crap.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals