Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Download and install the recovery kernel 1.4.5 then install Thunderchief. Worked for me.
    Yeah, that's what I did... Are you on Bell as well?
    found the web os kernel internal feed... and i found the thunderchief but it is saying the IPKG error.... anyone have any suggestions for me?
    This kernel has been working great!!!

I love that you changed how the screenstate checks what state to be in.

I just doctored my phone to fix the no browser bookmarks issue and I put the 205 kernel on and my phone seems to run hotter. And it is draining much faster. While charging all night on usb it went from 19% to 22%.

I tried uninstalling the kernel and trying just stock as well as the warthog kernel and they all had the same issue. It seems it is not your kernels fault, so another win for your kernel... fail for my Pre
    The only thing to do now is 2un a doc on the device.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Exact same problem as me (on Bell), but with the F102 kernel. I also installed the recovery kernel and it didn't help.

Another person I know is experiencing the same thing and he uninstalled F102 before updating, so I'm not sure if it's related to not uninstalling before updating.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I'm not, but I have a quick question - did you install via PreWare? If not, it may be that you haven't manually updated which feed you're looking at.

I'm in the U.S., so I haven't had to deal with this yet. PreWare will automagically update which feeds we are looking at to match the OS version, correct?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok unix im reporting back in. i spent most of the day sending myself emails and text messages trying to find a pattern for when the sound doesnt work. i didnt find anything, like i said before it doesnt happen very often. it only happened once yesterday and twice today. yesterday the screen was off with wifi on and it was a text that didnt sound it just popped up. today the screen was off with wifi off and it was an email that didnt sound and the second time today the screen was off with wifi on and it was a text.

its not enough to bother me at all but i figured id do what i could.
    I'm getting random slow downs/freezes (one that required a battery pull) since upgrading yesterday to the latest build of F105. I am not entirely sure if this is kernel related or not, since I had similar issues previously which improved dramatically when switching to this kernel (and after doctoring). However, it is definitely coming back and was not seen at all between the latest build. Coincidence? Anyone else seeing this? Nothing else changed, and if not the kernel (which is my guess), I'd sure love to know what it is, since doctoring regularly is a pain....

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Day 2 with F105 and weird behavior today. My calendar app, while I was trying to look at a month view, started scrolling forward like a time machine until it stopped in the year 2016. Strange. Gotta watch the 1960 (?) version of "Time Machine" now ! thorne
    Hey!

I've been watching this thread for a while now and haven't *noticed* (that's my disclaimer...) this posted yet.

I'm Using F105 at 500/1000, and when the screen is off, it makes absolutely no alert of in incoming call. It does not play my ring tone (system default one, not a special one for a number) and it does not even vibrate. When the screen is on, everything works fine.

If I was running it at 125MHZ or something, I could see it acting odd, but not at 5000Mhz.

I have no other issues that I've noticed. Mail/SMS alerts work fine.

Any ideas?

• Sprint Pre (not launch)
    • webOS 1.4.1.1
    • F105-74

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I'm Using F105 at 500/1000, and when the screen is off, it makes absolutely no alert of in incoming call. It does not play my ring tone (system default one, not a special one for a number) and it does not even vibrate. When the screen is on, everything works fine.
    I shut down, pulled the battery, booted it back up and all is well!

M.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Been running this for a couple weeks on 1.4.5 and with the latest update noticed significantly more battery drain. Im also switched to a Pre Plus, so maybe that is the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM Renaissance View Post
    I'm not, but I have a quick question - did you install via PreWare? If not, it may be that you haven't manually updated which feed you're looking at.

I'm in the U.S., so I haven't had to deal with this yet. PreWare will automagically update which feeds we are looking at to match the OS version, correct?
    I did install via preware.

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Exact same problem as me (on Bell), but with the F102 kernel. I also installed the recovery kernel and it didn't help.

Another person I know is experiencing the same thing and he uninstalled F102 before updating, so I'm not sure if it's related to not uninstalling before updating.
    Ok, this is odd... I noticed that there were TWO stock kernels showing up in preware, so after installing the second one (?), I was able to install the F105 Kernel again. YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I shut down, pulled the battery, booted it back up and all is well!

M.
    ahhh the ever elusive battery pull
    I did install via preware.

Ok, this is odd... I noticed that there were TWO stock kernels showing up in preware, so after installing the second one (?), I was able to install the F105 Kernel again. YAY!
    You did notice that one kernel was for the Pre and one was for the Pixi, right?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Been running this for a couple weeks on 1.4.5 and with the latest update noticed significantly more battery drain. Im also switched to a Pre Plus, so maybe that is the issue.
    I should also not that this appears to occur after plugging into computer USB. And then unplugging again.
    I got it on at exactly 5:35pm central time.. ive noticed an big increase speed in google maps and the net, as well as alot of my other apps. According to Govnah, most of the day pre 105f i was at 25 29 30 degrees... ive had the f 105 on bout 21 minutes now and my temp has been siting 42, slowly now at 34 and 32. I will keep at it and report anything else. So far so good
    Not sure what I did, but since I installed the newest version of Govnah and -74 I don't see any compcache options in Govnah.

I will do some uninstalling and reinstalling to see if I can fix it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    have sprint palm pre running 1.4.1.1 and thunderchief 74 . About 50 patches and no problems that I'm aware of. Battery drain is good, doesn't seem anyworse than stock. Temps are only slighty higher.Verry snappy and quick. No sound issues and no random restarts. I got restarts with uk but not since trying thunderchief a few releases ago. Uni, keep up the awesome work and making the pre usable.