Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markae6 View Post
    so would you have to take it off before over the air updating
  2.    #1082  
    so would you have to take it off before over the air updating
    Live free or DIE!
    Anybody else since -74 have their Pre randomly shut down?

Let me be clear here Im NOT having the random restart problem, My pre has once a day for the last 2 days completely shut off.

Im not saying its because of -74 but I have made ZERO other changes.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

Let me be clear here Im NOT having the random restart problem, My pre has once a day for the last 2 days completely shut off.

i havent had one random shutdown, ive only had display issues
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

chill i just dont get to get on here much so if i do anything its a one day shot and if i have problems or issues im stuck with them till i can get on here.
    chill i just dont get to get on here much so if i do anything its a one day shot and if i have problems or issues im stuck with them till i can get on here.
    You're probably not going to be an effective alpha tester then ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So if you install the Thunderchief kernel but clock it at 800 Mhz limit, what functionality is different than UberKernel?

I just ask because it would be nice to have the 1.005 Ghz but only flip it on if desired.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

I have had a similar issue and the only way I can get the pre to turn back on is with a battery pull. It usually happens when I wake up in the morning and when I restart it, it's not fully charged (meaning it turned all the way off at some point in the night). I doubt my problem is the kernel because I my phone's been acting a little funky anyway, and I neglected to uninstall the old kernel before installing this one OTA (I was sleepy). Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to doctor and see if the issues go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Did you do a battery pull after installing. Seems odd but this stopped my high drain when I first applied it. In no way scientific but worth a try.
    I think your right pip smith...

I think, it is working fine now. I uninstalled it and pulled the battery and reinstalled it and pulled the battery. I thought I had pulled the battery the first time but perhaps I did not. It was like 5am and was starting to nod off....

Thanks.

I have noticed one thing..
    Govnah drops to 500mhz when on the touchstone or plugged into the wall, but does not drop to 500mhz when plugged USB to the computer.
  10.    #1090  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I have noticed one thing..
    Govnah drops to 500mhz when on the touchstone or plugged into the wall, but does not drop to 500mhz when plugged USB to the computer.
    That is by design. Read the release notes.
    Live free or DIE!
    I first off want to say that unix should run for pres in 2012. You have my vote. The new kernel is wonderful. The response time on most everything has greatly improved. I am only having one issue. Some on the system sounds (i.e. swipe, email notification) do not play. I know it still a work in progress. Just wanted to try and offer and help on finding the problem. Looking forward to the next update. Thanks again on the great kernel.

Sprint Pre
    60+ patches
    60+ apps

After doing the install I did not do a battery pull. After that the sound problem is gone. No problems found after that. Also 22 programs running with minor lag. Temp at 42C. Idol temp about 30-32C.
    Last edited by jaredware1018; 07/14/2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Update
    mmmm im still debating whether i should try this or not... i really don't wanna fry my new pre
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That is by design. Read the release notes.
    I misunderstood. I had read the release notes for 1.4.1-74 which stated "Fix for PC USB charging".

I guess that could be interpreted in multiple ways.............
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decibeat View Post
    mmmm im still debating whether i should try this or not... i really don't wanna fry my new pre
    Oh come on in. You'll be happy the minute u open your first app running at 1005mgz. You wont go back to stock ever again.

yes frying is a remote possibility BUT i thick a stock Pre could fry using just a touchstone by itself.

-74 has been stable for me since release. no sound issues no shutdown issues...only thing ive noticed recently is a few more calls going straight to vc mail but i know its done that stock. gues im "looking" for things.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    As I mentioned previously, the lack of sound and/or calls going straight to voice mail may be due to the under-volting that is going on at 500MHz. When calls drop straight to voice mail, do you see the LED light up, as if it is about to ring?

Different models may have different tolerances for the different components, so what we may be seeing is the undervolting causing some things to misbehave only on select units, and only under certain situations.

One thing I saw one day(several kernels ago) was forwarded calls from my normal Vonage line would go straight to voice mail, but calling the phone directly would work. Odd stuff, and I saw that LED activity, so it just seemed like a voltage issue. Since several hours later a new kernel was up, I decided to just go with the new kernel to see if the problem had already been fixed(and so far, it has been for me).
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Excellent kernel, unix. I don't usually wear hats, but I wore one just now so I could take it off in your honor.

My observations (after a 24-hour run):
    + this kernel kicks ***.
    + games run super smooth, especially 3D games
    + no random restarts/shutdowns
    - *some* sounds get cut off (notifications)
    - WiFi connections drop sometimes

I was having a lot more lock-ups with the UberKernel installed when browsing my music library compared to the F105. Those lock-ups seem to have subsided, for now. I'm gonna post back for observations periodically.

Keep up the great work!

PS:
    +1 for Presidential candidate 2010. Whobama?
    well i just got another att pre plus yesterday and installed this and must say for an Alpha Kernel this is great! I havent had any problems with it except for just one minor issue, i've had 2 random restarts one yesterday and one today. the two restarts dont bother me much as they both happened when i wasnt in the middle of doing anything on my phone. havent had any drastic heat changes with this, it operates at about the same temperature the stock kernel does and havent noticed my pre's battery life become any worse with this. well thats just my 2 cents. Excellent kernel!
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    ok that's another thing in my govanh my compache won't stay at 32mb it changes everytime to 20208, I have true on n 32mb then press apply n its changes to that number for some reason!
    You need to set compache to false then apply. After that you can set the new value and apply. Doing this also flushes the compache memory in case you ever want to do that.
    No sound issue or random reboots here. Running -74 with only a few patches (reduce radius, 4x4 icons, battery icon + %). My screenstate max freq is set to 900, compcache enabled (memlim=16mb). I've found these settings to be the sweetspot for my usage with regard to balancing battery life and performance.
    I should have removed the kernel before doing the OTA update to 1.45 (On Bell, btw), but didn't, as I thought it may be AUPT compatible...

Anyhow, after the update, I tried to update the F105 and got some errors, so I ran the stock kernel install to get it back to pristine condition.

Now, trying to install F105 gives me this:

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Any ideas?