Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #1021  
    Using navagation is usually the reason that I have it on the car charger in the first place since Sprint Navagation eats up the battery pretty quickly. I would like to see "screenstate" mean just that...low speed when off, high speed when on....just makes sense to me. Regardless of it being on a charger or usb or what ever. My two cents....Thanks
  2. #1022  
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Using navagation is usually the reason that I have it on the car charger in the first place since Sprint Navagation eats up the battery pretty quickly. I would like to see "screenstate" mean just that...low speed when off, high speed when on....just makes sense to me. Regardless of it being on a charger or usb or what ever. My two cents....Thanks
    Just remember though, when charging there is heat generated with the energy transfer, you don't want your phone to heat up that much when its running at twice the original frequency.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

    Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
  3.    #1023  
    Quote Originally Posted by adactuslatem View Post
    Just remember though, when charging there is heat generated with the energy transfer, you don't want your phone to heat up that much when its running at twice the original frequency.
    Thank you for saying that.

    I am not going to be responsible for people frying their phones from overheating on the charger. Charging with over 500mA causes the battery to heat up along with the heat caused by the CPU running at twice the original frequency. Then add to that the heat generated by the 3G radio if doing alot of transmission.

    There have been times where I was testing some kernels without these safeguards and the temp rose into the high 60's.
    Live free or DIE!
  4. #1024  
    So I installed the testing feed but still can't find the F105 . Any advice?
  5. #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Thank you for saying that.

    I am not going to be responsible for people frying their phones from overheating on the charger. Charging with over 500mA causes the battery to heat up along with the heat caused by the CPU running at twice the original frequency. Then add to that the heat generated by the 3G radio if doing alot of transmission.

    There have been times where I was testing some kernels without these safeguards and the temp rose into the high 60's.
    not sure if its been added or is planned on being added, or if anyone has said this already. but for TS charging, i created a profile in govnah to run at 500 max/min. select that profile when on the ts and it doesn't heat up much past 35C
  6. #1026  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So I installed the testing feed but still can't find the F105 . Any advice?
    paste the testing feed link in a web browser (on a pc of course) and scroll thru and find it. download it and install with wosqi
  7. #1027  
    Well everybody's cases are probably different. My in-car phone holder sits right on top of a vent and the phone temp usually runs in the high 20's during this time. And no, you are not responsible if "I" fry my phone. Just wishing for more options, thats all. You are doing fantastic work with the kernel. And we will keep testing...
    p.s. I overclock my computers as well...to a point that is.
  8. DJPrelude's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #1028  
    ok ive been using this since version -47. havent reported before cause i have had absolutely no problems. i updated to -74 as soon as it came out and i am noticing with the new update that my tone for text messages doesnt always go off. once i noticed it i stared it while i received texts just to make sure i wasnt trippin. im gonna try restarting and uninstalling if restarting doesnt work and ill report back.

    Thanks for the great work everyone!
  9.    #1029  
    Guys/Chicks,

    There are 2 nagging problems here. 1) sound problems, 2) spontaneous reboots.

    For the sound problems; When did it start happening? Was it always that way? When does it happen? Are there patches installed that mess with the sound?

    Reboots; Is this a full device reboot or a Luna restart? I know some of you said Luna restarts. Again, is this patch related or not?

    I dont see these bugs on my test device and I beat on my phone pretty heavily and I dont have patches installed.

    We need to get these resolved or this will never end up in Uber. The reason why I do open testing without testing guidelines is to shake out bugs from normal day to day usage outside of a lab environment. While this has worked well I cant get a good read on these 2 problems as they are vague in being reported. Did downgrading happen in Uber? in Stock?
    Live free or DIE!
  10. #1030  
    The volume thing happened to me today, and I took noticed. My Govnah settings were 128mb Compache. I had Music Remix, Facebook Beta, Camera, Engadget, Messaging, Email, and Need for Speed. I seen I had the message but the ringer never went off.
  11. #1031  
    i haven't had a single reboot on any of the f105 releases. and the audio problem doesn't necessarily affect me because i keep it on vibrate 24/7. i'll give a shot at putting it so it rings and see if any problems arise
  12. #1032  
    i love the kernels, its just im having problems with Govnah freezing on me n then my pre over heating! i will install the kernel thru preware n it works fine for a half a day n then a text or phone call will come in while charging n then the hole thing goes to SHHHHHoooot lol! i was wondering if you might have a solution to keep Govnah going that i think is the real key to my success.
  13.    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    i love the kernels, its just im having problems with Govnah freezing on me n then my pre over heating! i will install the kernel thru preware n it works fine for a half a day n then a text or phone call will come in while charging n then the hole thing goes to SHHHHHoooot lol! i was wondering if you might have a solution to keep Govnah going that i think is the real key to my success.
    That's a Govnah problem. It freezes on me too. It starts hogging CPU in the background. You might want to mention that in the Govnah thread.
    Live free or DIE!
  14. #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That's a Govnah problem. It freezes on me too. It starts hogging CPU in the background. You might want to mention that in the Govnah thread.
    so do u have a heating problem or is it under the 42degree range??
  15. #1035  
    Unix I am just getting the Luna restarts I just put my Pre on my touchstone and look over and it is doing a Luna Restart. I have no patches installed due to waiting for the update. I can't pinpoint why it happens I can be trying to dial out and get a luna restart. I haven't had the spontaneous reboot at all just luna restarts. I can't give you instances when it happens because it is so random. I can pull the logs if you like just let me know.
    2010-07-14T00:42:37.912689Z [60640] palm-webos-device kern.debug kernel: [60640.090000] IPT_PACKET_DROPPED_NO_MATCH: IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:15:f2:19:a8:bb:08:00 SRC=192.168.1.6 DST=255.255.255.255 LEN=152 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=59938 PROTO=UDP SPT=17500 DPT=17500 LEN=132

    2010-07-14T00:42:37.915100Z [60640] palm-webos-device kern.debug kernel: [60640.090000] IPT_PACKET_DROPPED_NO_MATCH: IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:15:f2:19:a8:bb:08:00 SRC=192.168.1.6 DST=192.168.1.255 LEN=152 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=59939 PROTO=UDP SPT=17500 DPT=17500 LEN=132
    This is the log related to the kernel just before the luna restart.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/13/2010 at 08:00 PM.
  16.    #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    so do u have a heating problem or is it under the 42degree range??
    It stays around 41. When it hangs you have to kill the runaway process manually by CLI or reboot. It was never recommended to keep Govnah running anyway.
    Live free or DIE!
  17.    #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Unix I am just getting the Luna restarts I just put my Pre on my touchstone and look over and it is doing a Luna Restart. I have no patches installed due to waiting for the update. I can't pinpoint why it happens I can be trying to dial out and get a luna restart. I haven't had the spontaneous reboot at all just luna restarts. I can't give you instances when it happens because it is so random. I can pull the logs if you like just let me know.
    So it happens when running at 500MHz on the TS or charging?
    Live free or DIE!
  18. #1038  
    It happens running at 1005mhz this is the first time I saw the luna restart when placing it on the touchstone so if it has happened before I can't say. I don't leave cards open so it would look the same if I was to look back at it.

    unix I have the entire log file saved let me know if you want me to send that to you.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/13/2010 at 08:05 PM.
  19. #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    It stays around 41. When it hangs you have to kill the runaway process manually by CLI or reboot. It was never recommended to keep Govnah running anyway.
    ok so i wont run govnah all the time i will just select whatever mode i want then close n what about having the battery monitor running, i do this so that i can see my cpu temp. all i see over these post are watch ur temp!
  20. #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    ok so i wont run govnah all the time i will just select whatever mode i want then close n what about having the battery monitor running, i do this so that i can see my cpu temp. all i see over these post are watch ur temp!
    Jason has made several patches to monitor the cpu temp. Once 1.4.5 hits I am reinstalling all the patches I had.

Posting Permissions