Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I will put in the effort to re-post it every day then, considering it seems to be needed. Or, feel free to copy/paste my post to save time when YOU want it said. I can't help with the code side(I got out of programming back in 1993), but I can at least help support those who do the hard work.

I am doing the update to -74, though I had ZERO issues with -69.

UnixPsycho, would you say that F105 is almost to the point of being stable? What would you consider the issues you are still tweaking, just voltage tweaks and settings for when on charger and charger detection SEEMS to be where you are focused(based on the latest updates).
    Almost. I am trying to find this "sound" bug but cant since it doesnt happen to me, and waiting to see if this spontaneous reboot some have mentioned is real or the typical Luna crash.
    Live free or DIE!
    Had -69 installed and had audio stutters while playing music on Music Remix with Gov and Bat Monitor on.

Now with -74 installed, and duplicate setup, not experiencing audio stutters. Have not had any random resets, on either kernels, but I've only had -74 installed for about two hours now.

Thank you.
    I've been doing a test to try to duplicate the missed new email alerts mentioned previously by others.

I have tested 2 of my email accounts set up to receive "As Items Arrive".

Each time the alerts worked normally. Accounts are 1 Gmail and 1 Yahoo.

Sent myself like 8 emails to each account at different times.

Again not one audio stutter so far.

Update: I will mention that temp is steady at 37*C with unit plugged in and CD @ -339-14, LA @ 1.09 0.88 .06, MS @ 237/32 ----(All from Govnah) at screenstate of course.
    Last edited by coughdrops; 07/12/2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Almost. I am trying to find this "sound" bug but cant since it doesnt happen to me, and waiting to see if this spontaneous reboot some have mentioned is real or the typical Luna crash.
    The only time I have heard studdering is when I am swiping away a card. All the rest of the audio is fine. Volume is fine.

As to restarts it seem to have happened to me after each F105 update. This occurs once after I install something from the app catalog. After the restart everything is fine and the system is pretty my rock solid. This happened again after updating to -74.

I have after each update and reboot shut down the Pre pulled the battery waited a minute and put the battery back in and restarted the phone.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I can't replicate the sound reboot but the only thing I have on pre in anticpation for the 1.4.5 update is Thunderchief and Preware and several other apps. No patches yet. I do notice more random luna restarts and sometime the phone will get unresponsive that I can't swipe emails from the notification. A full reboot or luna restart fixes that. Can't pinpoint what causes the random luna restarts sometimes the phone can just be sitting on the desk and I look up and it has restarted. I also notice that at times my email account is back at the all account screen, I thought that bug was fixed with Preware but I am not sure. Still love the speed so I can live with those quirks.
    Ok so here is the latest on my tests. I posted earlier about the e-mail notifications not alerting me when new mail arrived (ringtone didn't alert me) Just the icon appeared, this started happening after updating to -74. Did the Luna and a preset. Later that same evening I sent an e-mail from my Yahoo to my Hotmail with sync set to receive new e-mail every 5 minutes. I kept myself occupied for well over 30 minutes and never received the mail. I went to sleep and woke up a few hours later, and saw I had a new e-mail notification but wasn't sure if the ringtone alert went off or not. I received a ringtone alert for my Yahoo acc. And figured my hotmail acc. Would be the same. That wasn't the case. So I decided to remove the hot mail account, but well over 15-20 minutes the hotmail account still wasn't removed, so I closed e-mail,and when I went to go open it my Yahoo and hotmail account wasn't there even though I didn't remove Yahoo?? I did a luna and then a battery pull. Yahoo was back and so I went to add hotmail again but it only displays the outbox now and nothing else. So I went ahead and tried to remove it again,at the same time I tried to send some texts and whenever I opened them it displayed nothing,a couple times it took well over 2 minutes to load the name of the recipient, the text tab, and the paper clip at bottom right followed by the text history. And the same happened with the VK during this long load.

* the attempts at removal of Hotmail in total were 3, the third and final one finally completely removed Hotmail during this post, so I am going to go ahead and add Hotmail again.*

hopefully this works, I'll post up the results.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/12/2010 at 10:05 PM.
    After taking a good 10+ minutes to sync my hotmail account I have all my features, Inbox, sent, trash etc. Now, again; I'm just going to wait for a new e-mail notification. My texts are working fine now.

could anyone explain what exactly caused the e-mail removal to dramaticaly slow down texting at the same time? Everything else that I opened at the same time ran just fine.
    Rollem -

I have had similar issues in the past but it seems to work better with F105. Fewer email and text slowdowns. I am not sure what the issue is, but since I had similar issues before ever installing F105 I do not think it is related. My email will periodically slow down and seem to not load data, even messaes hat were previously loaded, but as I said it happened before this kernel and seems better with it.
    Thank you Mike. Both of my e-mails are working fine now, and I get my ringtone notifications for the Hotmail account.
    just wanted to cast another vote for not doing any testing while running govnah. It refreshes at regular intervals don't expect to have a smooth experience while running govnah.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I have seen some unusual behavior a while back(in the -60 days), where I saw a call TRYING to come in on my Pre Plus(the LED was flashing as if the call was coming in), but the phone app never came up. I suspect that for some units, the power conservation settings for 500MHz may be a bit too much to let the phone operate normally, and is causing the problem.

So, testing conditions would be to have the Pre Plus or Pre on the Touchstone while it is dimmed(time is up), with the 500MHz speed, then call the phone from a normal land line and see if it works properly as one test. The e-mail notifications also should be done for that, since as I said, the undervolting while at 500MHz may be to blame, and may also be somewhat conditional based on other patches people have(screen brightness patches, mode changer, etc). If your phone has the screen dimmer than the norm, it may leave more power available for other things and the notifications would work.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I've run 105 since -47 and have had no issues. I've updated to all subsequent releases to date and now stand at -74. Although the release note had nothing to do with this, my battery life and temp seem much improved. I have spotty coverage at work and am in roam most of the time (1x & EV) and my battery drain was in the 6-8%/hr rate with -74. Battery temp was significantly better, especially on the touchstone. I've actually never noticed my battery temp below 30 on the touchstone, EVER (including stock kernal), but yesterday it was recharging on the TS @ 28 while in roam. I've not seen any random Luna crashes the only odd audio issue I've seen is if the email or SMS app is open I do not get audio notifications. But to tell you the truth, I can't say that I'd noticed it before or if it is specific to this to the -74 kernel.

As usual great job unixpsycho!
    I've been running -69 since last Friday, and have had 0 problems with it. Most stable kernel I've used yet. Last night I installed -74, and noticed two minor issues afterward: 1. The virtual keyboard would not backspace or enter, and 2: Mobile Hotspot (Sprint Pre) wouldn't start completely. It would get stick in the "starting mobile hotspot" sequence after I switched it on. Both of these issues disappeared after a restart, and I've seen no other problems, and I'm not sure those were related to the kernal at all. Just wanted to report.
    as for other info, battery life has been the same or better than UK, and it seems to heat up less severely and less frequently.
    FINALLY got a chance to do my half-hour battery test in UberKernel. To repeat the settings:

In performing this test, I am using a Sprint Pre bought in the Feb. timeframe. I am using Govnah v.0.5, and Thunderchief -69 with Compache running at 32 MB.

I charged my phone up to 100%, then ran the following things. After everything was up, loaded, and running, I unplugged my phone (so that it would ramp up to 1GHz) and began cruising the web so that the screen saver wouldn't turn on (specifically, reading this forum. ...).

Running: Sprint Navigation (navigating to a source, despite the fact that I was still)
    Music Maker Remix (actually playing songs)
    PowerNap (set to 30 minutes)
    Govnah (set to ping every second)
    Web - Reading the forums @ PreCentral

Battery level after 30 minutes in Thunderchief-69: 86%.
    Battery level after 30 minutes in Uberkernel-59: 78%

There is a clear difference between the two, but it would probably help if this were replicated a few times.

I'm uninstalling UK right now and about to install the newest version of Thunderchief. I'll try to run this one more time to compare the versions of Thunderchief.

What else needs to be tested to get this thing into UberKernel?
    Running F105 -74, all seems ok so far. Stays at full speed on USB. Any way to have it stay at full speed when on car charger??? I use that daily. Thats when I would like to have the full speed the most. When using navagation or streaming music/radio apps....I just tested this and it drops back to 500Mhz. Hope this wasn't already covered in here elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    the only odd audio issue I've seen is if the email or SMS app is open I do not get audio notifications. But to tell you the truth, I can't say that I'd noticed it before or if it is specific to this to the -74 kernel.

As usual great job unixpsycho!
    I believe that you won't get a notification (alert) for the specific app (email or otherwise) if the app is in focus. I believe this is normal since you would obviously be looking at the app.

So, I just did a test. With email app open (full view, not a card), I have all my 'favorite' inboxes in view along with my other 'starred' folders, I do not get an audio alert, just visual. Now if I minimize the app (into card view), I do receive the audio alert. Using -74. I would have to remove -74 and install stock kernel to retest.

Try it out. Or I can do it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsutter View Post
    2: Mobile Hotspot (Sprint Pre) wouldn't start completely. It would get stick in the "starting mobile hotspot" sequence after I switched it on. Both of these issues disappeared after a restart, and I've seen no other problems, and I'm not sure those were related to the kernal at all. Just wanted to report.
    as for other info, battery life has been the same or better than UK, and it seems to heat up less severely and less frequently.
    Just tried MH and it's working for me.
    This might be weird but....

I had 0% Bat Drain in 6.5 hrs using -74.

Night before I did same test using F104a and I had 1.11% Bat Drain in 6.5 hrs.

Conditions:
    Airplane mode ON
    Off Charger - screen off all night. (obviously)
    F104a throttled back to 125MHz using screenstate
    F105 -74 normal settings, not tweaked.

I had similar Drain Report with -69 but I thought it was that BM had locked up on me... I guess that is not the case. F105 reporting great Bat usage with screen off in Airplane Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Running F105 -74, all seems ok so far. Stays at full speed on USB. Any way to have it stay at full speed when on car charger??? I use that daily. Thats when I would like to have the full speed the most. When using navagation or streaming music/radio apps....I just tested this and it drops back to 500Mhz. Hope this wasn't already covered in here elsewhere.
    I've read that this is what he (Unix) wants it to do. If it runs at full speed on the charger, you'll run a higher risk of overheating. Mine will overheat (51*-54*) using full time 800 MHz and navigation while plugged in to inverter in the car on a hot sunny day. Had to use the a/c vent to keep it cool. So, I don't use that tweak anymore.

Haven't tried the F** Kernels while using navigation. Has anyone else?
    I'd like t report that I have had no random reboots since upgraded to -69 and none what so ever on -74. I also have had no audio issues. I tested what many did for that.

6 heavy websites
    a total of about 18-20 cards
    battery monitor and also Govnah open in the background as well at one point
    I tried that with Music Player Remix and a couple of my Radio apps. No change or difference, No audio stutter reported at all.

The issues I've noticed mostly thus far are the occasional lag when opening an app (doesn't happen too often), some drag lag on websites,even with the Drag Radius patch.

Running on a Verizon Palm Pre Plus purchased in early-mid February, on the -74 ThunderChief, Govnah v0.5.6 compache true stock 20480.

* I am a very light user. I never have more than 1-4 cards open. No 3-d games ever. I was tempted to go to compcache false 16mb. Not sure. Any suggestions from other light users? What settings have you tried and noticed that have worked well for you?