Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Guys, I'm running Govnah 0.4.9 with F105. CPU freq shows 500MHz. Did cat /proc/cpuinfo in WOSQI, it shows 498.07. What's up with that?
    498 is 500 bro
    this kernal does not have scaling, does it?

No matter what setting I set in Govnah, everything always revert back to 500/1005

is it designed this way? or is something goofy with my govnah?
    Sorry for not being clear enough, but I'm not running @ 1GHz with this patch am I missing something?
    This is ridiculous... the scrolling is beautiful. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    this kernal does not have scaling, does it?

No matter what setting I set in Govnah, everything always revert back to 500/1005

is it designed this way? or is something goofy with my govnah?
    Post #14. As an alpha tester ....

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Sorry for not being clear enough, but I'm not running @ 1GHz with this patch am I missing something?
    First, it's a replacement kernel, not a patch.

Check post #14.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have had that package installed during a webOS upgrade, then it would have restored an incorrect version of LunaSysMgr. This has been proven to cause Universal Search problems, and probably causes other problems as well.

So my advice to anyone who has had that package installed is to use the webOS Doctor. The fact is that the person who packaged that (hint: it wasn't Marco, and it was packaging Marco's work against Marco's express wishes and not returning any of the proceeds back to Marco) didn't heed my warnings at the time, and produced a package which leaves crap behind in certain scenarios.

If you don't use the webOS Doctor, and have previously had that package installed, then we will assume that any problem you report lies there, and will ignore your posts until you do use the webOS Doctor. It's harsh, but you know who to blame (and it isn't anyone who has posted in this thread).

We have wasted far too much time on this issue already, hence the lack of enthusiasm in explaining it yet again, let alone diagnosing any residual problems that could be caused by it.

[Note that the frustration expressed in this post is not directed at you personally]

-- Rod
    Okay. I'm sorry. I will make sure I doctor my phone asap. Thanks again.
    I wish you guys would stop working so hard, it's a pain in the *** to have to uninstall and reinstall every couple days :-D

This is pull-out-all-stops freaking awesome, thanks guys for making my Pre fun again.

The temps worry me a little bit but otherwise it seems to be stable at the moment.

Marco is there anything in particular that you would like us to test with this new kernel, or just general use?
    Ok, I really think my batt will not tolerate this

Medium use (twee, facebook, browsing) and in one hour I lost 35%.

I don't really see that much of an improvement over 800Mhz as from 500 to 800.

Still, I'll be testing for another while

Unrelated question, are the FPS lines in lunaAnimations.conf responsible for the scrolling smoothness? Or just the card animation? I can't seem to make scrolling smoother toying around with those values
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Last night I checked to make sure everything was working right, and the phone was scaling correctly between 500MHz and 1GHz. When I got up this morning, though, I checked again, and it spent all night at 125MHz on the Touchstone.

Any ideas why?
    Tried this last evening. First, GREAT JOB! Second, I had some problems with tap and swipe recognition toward the bottom of the screen. May have been unrelated, I know, but I've uninstalled and it's fine again.

Not a criticism; just reporting. Again, GREAT JOB! {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I wish you guys would stop working so hard, it's a pain in the *** to have to uninstall and reinstall every couple days :-D

This is pull-out-all-stops freaking awesome, thanks guys for making my Pre fun again.

The temps worry me a little bit but otherwise it seems to be stable at the moment.

Marco is there anything in particular that you would like us to test with this new kernel, or just general use?
    Just general use.
    Live free or DIE!
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Last night I checked to make sure everything was working right, and the phone was scaling correctly between 500MHz and 1GHz. When I got up this morning, though, I checked again, and it spent all night at 125MHz on the Touchstone.

Any ideas why?
    Odd. the freq is fixed at a min 500Mhz. its next to impossible to scale to 125.

i'll have to play with the TS for a while.
    Live free or DIE!
    For regular testing, well about 12-14 hours now, I see no difference in speed to the naked eye from 800mhz (and F102+ F104) kernals... its pretty much the same.

Battery life however has been noticeably better.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Tried this last evening. First, GREAT JOB! Second, I had some problems with tap and swipe recognition toward the bottom of the screen. May have been unrelated, I know, but I've uninstalled and it's fine again.

Not a criticism; just reporting. Again, GREAT JOB! {Jonathan}
    That's not a good test.

Did you pull battery to make sure it wasnt a fluke? After uninstalling, did you go back to see if, again, it was a fluke?

Just trying to rule out atmospheric interferences or Sun Spots.
    Live free or DIE!
    I've been testing UberKernel for quite some time now but I couldn't help myself. I just installed the F105 Thunderchief. So far so good, let the Alpha Testing begin!

23 various cards open, then opened Assassins Creed and let it load, then loaded NFSU and let it load, device still running ok, decided to load Gangstar which would make 26 cards, slow to open and started slowing down device. Closed out Gangstar and NFSU, back to running smooth, nice. All of this while sitting on the TS hanging around 45* playing music too. Hope to eventually see this worked into UberKernel.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 06/22/2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    interesting.
    before installing F104A, I completely wiped my phone (secure full erase) followed by a doctor.

I uninstalled F104A to install this new kernel and immediately used govnah to check what default settings were in use.

instead of min scaling set at 500MHz, it's set at 125MHz.

frequency graph confirms on screenstate change.
    anyone else experiencing this?
    I installed this last night and was impressed. Most things are snappier. I had been running UberKernal since it was available and once in awhile tried one of the others to compare. Since there were all the temp warnings in this post I decided to uninstall it for 2 reasons. 1) I couldn't monitor the temp in my sleep
    2) I remember when we first started installing kernals it was recommended to run the Pre at stock so it could "recalibrate? itself"

So I woke up all excited to install this again and I have not noticed drastic temps on my device and I have run multiple 3d games and web pages

It may be a placebo but it also seems to cool down quicker than previous kernals when it hit 45 degrees (this was after removing from the touchstone which is the only time other than tethering that it gets this hot)

I will keep monitoring... this is an Aug build date pre that I just had replaced last week after using my Launch week pre until then.
    hey guys just wanted to let ya know I got thunderchief installed and works amazing no lag no tmc and even speed increase