Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    There's a patch for that (a few actually). Open Preware and search patches for "Reduce drag radius". There's three patches that control how many pixels your finger must move before the screen starts to scroll. Default is 25 (I think).
    I use the Reduce Drag Radius 15 pixels version. Scrolls much better.

Thanks for sharing that, I would not have thought of that while browsing through patches.

I have had nothing short of a great experience with f105 and govnah.

I will have to Dr. My phone however because the current 3.14 version of webosqi is not detecting my LSDiff, GNU Patch and I believe also the Diffstat linux apps. When I try to go into tweaks. *sigh* oh well. It will be my first time ever Doctoring. I could use the practice and experience
    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames1of3 View Post
    Try making sure the Battery doesn't have to much space when inserted causing it to reposition when the phone slides up or down causing a reboot.
    So I took my wife's and daughter's Pres to Sprint to fix the Power Button. After the fix, they also insert a new battery "cushion" into all of our Pres. I guess it was a mod to prevent the battery from moving and causing a reboot they said. I had no issues prior but it is an upgrade nonetheless.
    Well, I just wanted to report that the patch as been very kickassish so far with Battery life holding similarly to the 800mhz patch, not bad for an extra 200mhz lol

Well, either way, as Battery sucks in its stock form, I found my self trying to reduce the speed to help squeeze more juice out of the Pre, but couldn't through Govnah. This than made me think...

Is it possible to add customizable conditions that would automatically adjust speeds according to battery %/level?

In other worlds, if I put in something that says, lower clock speed back to 500~ (or lower) + lower brighness and such(kill wifi/bluetooth/ext) when battery level gets to X. I would imagine this would be great in the current solution of Govnah.

I hope I make sense and hopefully happens
    Thank you T-ulk for the info, as my searching and trials to get test feeds have been poorly rewarded till now.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quick question has anyone experianced any volume problems while haveing F105? I doubt it cause i've been up and down this forum and have seen nothing about it. I've been using it for 2 days now with no problems. I think what happened is when I did the palm interactive test something might have messed up who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipierce24 View Post
    Quick question has anyone experianced any volume problems while haveing F105? I doubt it cause i've been up and down this forum and have seen nothing about it. I've been using it for 2 days now with no problems. I think what happened is when I did the palm interactive test something might have messed up who knows.
    I've been having volume issues lately but I'm back to using F104a. Ironically, running the Audio portion of the Interactive Test brings it back to life. The music app still is bonked in that it's not saving my previos volume anymore, it's cranked to max when I open it which gave my ears a bit of a shock until I realized I should lower the volume *before* hitting Play.

I did use F105 (and Warthog) a short time, ans yes, that's around when my volume started being wacked. I just assumed it was coincidence. Now that I've read this issue a few times now, I may put F105 back on for testing.

M.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just uninstalled it and my volume is working again. I'm going to reinstall it also to see if that is what it was or if it was just doing a phone reset that fixed it.
    I just uninstalled it and my volume is working again. I'm going to reinstall it also to see if that is what it was or if it was just doing a phone reset that fixed it.
    I would try restarting it a few times and maybe a batt pull for a min or so. I myself did a couple of restarts and I couldn't get a signal for the life of me at a spot I usually get full bars (I was than attached by ATT and Tmobile users lol) Once I removed battery for a min and reinserted, I was greeted with full bars and 3G (Eat that fools!).

Hope the same happens to you
    I had audio stutter while testing F105. I was doing a BDC, so I had Bat Mon and Govnah and Music Remix.... Audio stuttered often on bat only. (not plugged in). I switched back to F104 to carry out the same tests and thus far -- so good on F104. Will reinstall F105 and perform tests again.
    Quote Originally Posted by coughdrops View Post
    I had audio stutter while testing F105. I was doing a BDC, so I had Bat Mon and Govnah and Music Remix.... Audio stuttered often on bat only. (not plugged in). I switched back to F104 to carry out the same tests and thus far -- so good on F104. Will reinstall F105 and perform tests again.
    Note that leaving Govnah running at the default 1 second poll rate will cause the device to stutter (especially if you also have it updating the icon), cause you're asking Govnah to interrrupt everything every second to call about 5 different shell scripts and dbus calls and mojo graphing routines and Luna application manager service calls (which probably have lots of other stuff behind them too, including refreshing all visible icons, which means many file reads from slow flash disk).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by coughdrops View Post
    You should specify version you are using.
    Live free or DIE!
    Been using F105 for about 2 weeks now and everything is stable as can be. No random restarts and batter drain is averaging around 3-5% with constant, mild usage. I am just now starting to record accurate data so will report back in a week with something a bit more helpful. Thanks for all the hard work over at webosinternals.

Regards,
    Brian F.
    In Preware, where do you find the F105 Kernel? What is the path? I can't seem to find it. Under Kernel I only see 4 Kernel's available and it's F105 is not available. I also searched "F105", nothing found. Help please? Thanks
    Last edited by mrchedda; 07/12/2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: more detail
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchedda View Post
    In Preware, where do you find the F105 Kernel? What is the path? I can't seem to find it. Under Kernel I only see 4 Kernel's available and it's F105 is not available. I also searched "F105", nothing found. Help please? Thanks
    Read the entire thread please? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchedda View Post
    I would say that you need to inderstand the real risk to your pre befor installing these alpha type experimental modifications

there is a reason it is not in the feeds on preware
    read this here

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2550563

and if you are still interested google your way to testing feeds in on the webos internals wiki. Then read all

then read all of it. And if you are willing to do things as stated, as well as accept the risks, go for it.

for my part I understand the risks, have used in the past and am comfortable with the limited linux command line parts, but am not ready to take on the risk and especially the responsibility to report back, thoroughly, to the team developing these, and so I am not using an alpha kernal.

that said, please go forth and contribute if you can, so that guys like me, and those even less comfortable withkernels and the like, can eventually have a fuly veted and safe kernel to use.
    Cool.. understood. I guess I'll research and make a decision.
    Have had no issues what so ever with this update... Except; my e-mail notification goes mute instead of playing the ringtone. I did a luna restart and a preset reset for added measure, so I'll just wait for my next notifications until then to see if it's back to normal.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    For those who feel it isn't fair that F105 is not available on the normal Preware feeds, here is a bit of insight as to why. Keep in mind this is my own opinion.

The normal kernel you see is UberKernel, which is the general release kernel. It has been deemed to be "safe" for general use, meaning you can use it without fear of frying your phone.

F105 is still considered an "alpha" grade kernel, meaning it is still in very active development. As time goes on, various features from the different "alpha" kernels get moved into the UberKernel, and at some point that will probably include the 1005MHz run speed.

Until that happens though, these alpha kernels are still considered unstable and at any time may change for the worse(a new update may be worse than the previous build, or the phone stops working, or it screws up your phone so bad you have to buy a new one due to potential damage). Yes, that is a very real danger of running an experimental kernel, and this is why you have to have enough technical ability to even find the feeds where the experimental kernels can be found.

So, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK is a very real thing, and if you can't do a Google search to find the proper feeds, then you probably have missed it.

I will say it again, these experimental kernels all say: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, and any damage to your device is strictly your own fault if you don't read this warning. How many people ignore these sorts of warnings, and then sue the authors? How many people just don't read the opening post in a thread FULLY, and then complain when things break on them because they couldn't be bothered to read SIMPLE instructions on how to remove an update, or run the WebOS Doctor to get their phone back to stock conditions?

So, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK....do a search for the feeds, because they have been given around the precentral.net forums in various forms. If you don't know enough to use WebOS Doctor, and are not ready to wipe your phone and put it back to factory due to problems, then you should stick to UberKernel.

UnixPsycho, do you think this was clear enough, or should I have given a full description of USE AT YOUR OWN RISK?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Have had no issues what so ever with this update... Except; my e-mail notification goes mute instead of playing the ringtone. I did a luna restart and a preset reset for added measure, so I'll just wait for my next notifications until then to see if it's back to normal.
    Did you have your phone on the charger? Wall charger or Touchstone?

The kernels use a bit of undervolting to conserve power while at 500MHz, and it may be a hair too little power to allow the tone to sound.
    Have had F105 for the weekend. Speed upgrade is not a big increase from the 800 mHz kernel. Temperature seems to be more stable than the previous kernal, especially when on the touchstone. Phone seems to be resetting a little more often than the 800 mHz, but I'll keep an eye on it more in the future. Battery life seems to be somewhat the same
    Last edited by Mr. Lingo; 07/12/2010 at 11:07 AM.