Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Try making sure the Battery doesn't have to much space when inserted causing it to reposition when the phone slides up or down causing a reboot.
    I would think It should still show a log of some sort or at least the very last entry.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames1of3 View Post
    Does the 1ghz with Screenstate lock the CPU in slower speeds in different operations? Ex: Charging, while talking, Browsing etc...
    With F105, if you are charging(Touchstone or wall power), the phone sets itself to 500MHz and even undervolts the phone to save on power usage. Screenstate also sets it to 500MHz when the screen is off, and back to 1005MHz when the screen is on.

There is no change based on what apps you are running in the kernel, though Mode Changer will let you do some things(like certain apps will trigger it to dim the screen and such).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The testing feeds I have are not working. any suggestions?
    I cleaned my pre totally from all special kernels and govnah and did a clean battery pull. Those should be factory settings.
    Still not able to install any kernel. He always tells me installation was succesful, IPKG-log is empty and after a restart (clean battery pull) shows no installed kernels.

what to do? =(

(reinstalling govnah at the moment to see if it works correctly by now...)

/EDIT: Govnah reinstalled, Palm Default Profile sill gives me alternating frequency of NaN and 500MHz. I'm without ideas right now, shall I doctor again or would it be of any help to the testing if we try to find another solution?
    Last edited by The Day Pré Tomorrow; 07/09/2010 at 01:18 PM.
    I have been running F105 for over a few weeks now, and I update as new versions show up in the feed. Previously I was running the 800mhz-always kernel (for months), and I must say my battery life has improved markedly over that one! The biggest improvement is lower temperatures, especially when using Nav and/or Pandora in the Car (on a touchstone no less). I have had zero stability problems on either kernel. I reboot (full) usually a few time a week.

This is running on CDMA Palm Pre Plus hardware. I have not noticed all that much speed improvement from 800 to 1005, but regardless, this feels like how the Pre should have run from the start. Much more fluid and usable, with way less lags and stutters. General use and especially browsing outpreforms (pun intended) an iPhone 3GS easily.

Thanks for your work U.P., and as always, also to WOSI; especially Rwhitby.
    Imagine if Launcher was Hardware accelerated (video Acc) with this kernel.... wow this phone would be wicked smooth...
    In fact, my only complaint (are you listening Palm?) about the Pre now that I'm at twice the clock are the scroll lags. Often when I slide a large page in the Browser, there is a 200-500ms lag on the screen doing anything, then "pop" it ends up where my finger stopped. Annoying!

Sadly, The overclocking didn't seem to help this much really.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Day Pré Tomorrow View Post

/EDIT: Govnah reinstalled, Palm Default Profile sill gives me alternating frequency of NaN and 500MHz. I'm without ideas right now, shall I doctor again or would it be of any help to the testing if we try to find another solution?
    Check into the govnah thread, specifically posts from today.
    oh, thanks. that seems to be a minor problem and will be solved soon, I think.

but still, I cannot install ANY KIND OF KERNELS... =(

anybody got an idea that would help this testing and me? I'm really not happy about the idea of doctoring again...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    first you do have SOME kernel installed otherwise you wouldn't have a usable device...so with that assumption...some questions
    1) Is it plugged in? If your device is connected to a charging device..the F105 kernel auto defaults to 500 Mhz...
    2) If you have any of the Kernels installed from the testing feed, you WILL have an icon on a launcher page showing which kernel is installed, do you see that?
    3) if you go to the applications card, the UberKernel or F-series kernels will show up there too, do you see it there?

The readings your getting in Govnah for the Palm Default profile are correct ('cept for the NaNa thingie)
    You have to either use a different profile or change the governor setting one of the many choices (ondemand, conservative, performance, etc)

My strong advice is to take the time to read the entire thread...I know tedious...get over it....you'll find many of the answers you seek!
    ok, first: thanks! =)

I know it needs some kernel, but I can't install a new one.
    I once actually HAD it installed but uninstalled it again, because I took the 500MHz on the charger for a mistake. Thought that would only apply for the touchstone, which I don't own. I also had the icon back then. Now, as installations fail, there is none. Nothing in the app card, too.

Okay, seems there is no way around, I will start skimming this super-thread...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ok, so here's another question. When you're switching out the kernels are you uninstalling the current kernel, restarting device and then installing the new kernel...I know the process should force the device to tell you to restart the device...just double checking...I have had best success by following this process
    1) uninstall the current kernel
    Restart device
    2) go to PreWare and install the Palm "recovery" kernel
    Restart device
    3) go to PreWare and install the desired kernel (UberKernel, F-Series, whatever)
    Restart device

Thats what's worked for me....as always...YMMV
    hee hee, I cheated... =P just installed it via wosqi. does not really solve the problem, but a work-around is fine for me. =)

I usually
    1) uninstalled the current kernel, installed the recovery and THEN did a clean battery pull. Thought it needed a proper replacement if I uninstall the current kernel.
    2) After the restart i would install the new kernel and again do a clean battery pull and restart it after a minute or so.

Worked fine for Uberkernel and previous overclockings.

Thanks for your thoughts and consideration, I will keep them in mind for future reference.

WOOHOO, my pre minus is finally really awake and performing like a pro! Only thing now are the hiccups in the launcher... they do a great part of the phones impression when showing it off.
    Last edited by The Day Pré Tomorrow; 07/09/2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: unprecise english... ;)
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    In fact, my only complaint (are you listening Palm?) about the Pre now that I'm at twice the clock are the scroll lags. Often when I slide a large page in the Browser, there is a 200-500ms lag on the screen doing anything, then "pop" it ends up where my finger stopped. Annoying!

Sadly, The overclocking didn't seem to help this much really.
    There's a patch for that (a few actually). Open Preware and search patches for "Reduce drag radius". There's three patches that control how many pixels your finger must move before the screen starts to scroll. Default is 25 (I think).
    I use the Reduce Drag Radius 15 pixels version. Scrolls much better.
    I am more amazed every day what we can do with the "limited hardware" that this PHONE has .. thanks for the great work
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    The testing feeds I have are not working. any suggestions?
    i had the same prob of F105 not showing up under Preware kernel...this worked for me and i was able to install thunderchief!!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1) Type 'webos-kernels-testing' (without the quotes, and using lower case letters and hyphens only) in the NAME field of the NEW FEED section of the Manage Feeds screen accessible from the Preware application menu.

2) Put http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the URL field.

3) Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggle as is.

3) Hit "Add Feed" and read the disclaimer carefully. Yes, the things you might find in kernel testing feeds are likely to completely wipe your device without warning. Hit the Ok button only if you are prepared to lose all your data and destroy your device without any regrets or complaints.

4) Immediately reboot the device by simultaneously pressing the Opt, Sym and R keys.

5) Wait for the device to boot.

6) Open Preware, and hit Update Feeds. Make sure you have a working network connection for this.

Preware will repair the URL field automatically when the device boots.

You must be running Preware 1.1.4 or later for this to work (yes, this has been possible for quite some time).

-- Rod
    I just bought a pre yesterday and im having trouble finding anything to make it faster any help? If there is nothing I am taking it back before my 30 days.
    Have you installed Preware yet? That is on of the first steps to open your Pre up to a whole new world. Here is the link to install Preware. http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
    Highly suggest you read up on Preware and the Kernels. Welcome to Precentral.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/10/2010 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapi1121 View Post
    I just bought a pre yesterday and im having trouble finding anything to make it faster any help? If there is nothing I am taking it back before my 30 days.
    Did you not read the first post in this thread? And as mamouton says you will need Preware and install instructions will be found at install.preware.org