Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    I've installed the F105 yesterday, so for now it's not well tested of me.

    When putting the Pre onto the Touchstone charger, the cpu frequency is going down to 500 MHz as soon as the display shuts off. That worked so far last evening but this morning before i picked up the Pre i had a look at the frequency (Govnah) and it was at 1005 MHz although it was still remaining on the touchstone. The power icon states that the phone is still charging respectively on power.

    Any idea why this is happening? How does the kernel recognize, that the phone is on power? Is there anything further i can do to help?
    Simple. the phone was done charging. just because you have it plugged into a charger or touchstone doesnt mean its actually charging. if the battery reports full then the charger circuit stops pumping into the battery.
    Live free or DIE!
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonbook86 View Post
    I heard rumors of an overclock. Now that I have found the creator, would you please send a download link. Thx.
    Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 07/07/2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: censored
    Live free or DIE!
  3. #863  
    Marco,

    I just wanted to thank you for the awesome work you do here. I know it is frustrating dealing with n00bs and dumb questions. If people would just learn to read...

    Once again, your work is awesome!
  4. #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Simple. the phone was done charging. just because you have it plugged into a charger or touchstone doesnt mean its actually charging. if the battery reports full then the charger circuit stops pumping into the battery.
    Thanks for your explanation. Is there any chance to keep the cpu at 500 MHz as long as it remains on the touchstone? That would be great, because the Pre even gets really warm on the stone if it is not charging.
  5. #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    Thanks for your explanation. Is there any chance to keep the cpu at 500 MHz as long as it remains on the touchstone? That would be great, because the Pre even gets really warm on the stone if it is not charging.
    just keep the screen off. If you want to check it, take it of the TS instead of unlocking it while it's on there. I don't have this problem using my Touchstone, but should help.
  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    Thanks for your explanation. Is there any chance to keep the cpu at 500 MHz as long as it remains on the touchstone? That would be great, because the Pre even gets really warm on the stone if it is not charging.
    The heat is from the battery. You'll notice the CPU temp isnt all that high, even when charging. Since there is no reliable way to tell if its on the TS you'll just have to set it manually.
    Live free or DIE!
  7. #867  
    Thank you, i will test it tonight.

    So cpu temperature of 38-40 is normal on the ts?
  8.    #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unix quick question. The compile error you said was in -68 will it affect the end user greatly. Reason I asked is I am not seeing the same results with -69 as I did with -68.
    They are both exactly the same. The only difference is 1 line which "caps" the lower end freq. If someone sets it lower than 500 thinking they are cool, the speed will stick at full speed and never go down.

    So if you say -68 is *better* then -69 than that is probably due to it running full speed all the time. Better battery? I would doubt it.
    Live free or DIE!
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    Thank you, i will test it tonight.

    So cpu temperature of 38-40 is normal on the ts?
    yep. The TS always made things hot.

    If you are streaming music over 3G while on TS then I would say that isnt recommended.
    Live free or DIE!
  10. #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I haven't been following this thread closely, but I started using the 105 kernel about two weeks ago. Yesterday I updated it from preware. Since then my battery life has dropped. I've been surfing precentral for less than 90 minutes and I went from 100% to 62% in that period. No radios on except the phone, 4 bars of 3g verizon.

    any ideas on what happened? I have not changed anything else this week. I noticed the battery drained fast last evening, and this morning confirms I. I lost another 2% while typing tjis message. What should I do next?
    Any thoughts on this? I really need to solve this new drain on my battery. Thanks!
  11. #871  
    Can you tell me if your f105 kernel makes any changes to LunaSysMgr? Since i have been using your kernel, every time luna is restarted it comes back up with all my launcher pages changed. Using add/delete launcher pages for months with no issues. Takes all pages over 3 and removes them but it does put all 3rd party apps into one page. So I am not losing apps, just the added pages. I have been trying everything I can think off. Emergency file verification does show "stock file modified via methodother than supportedpatch technoplogy.../usr/bin/lunasysmgr......If I doctor this and repair it will that mess with your kernel that is installed?
  12. #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I haven't been following this thread closely, but I started using the 105 kernel about two weeks ago. Yesterday I updated it from preware. Since then my battery life has dropped. I've been surfing precentral for less than 90 minutes and I went from 100% to 62% in that period. No radios on except the phone, 4 bars of 3g verizon.

    any ideas on what happened? I have not changed anything else this week. I noticed the battery drained fast last evening, and this morning confirms I. I lost another 2% while typing tjis message. What should I do next?
    LOL I get that kind of exact battery life using any kernel, including stock.
  13. #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    LOL I get that kind of exact battery life using any kernel, including stock.
    My battery life has been fine. I wasn't really paying close attention lately until yesterday afternoon when I got an update to this kernel from Preware. If I'm the only one seeing this, I will have to go back to uberkernel and see if that helps. I hate to do that because this one performs so beautifully.

    Any ideas are appreciated.
  14. #874  
    Yeah, if I actually use the phone and browse the Web, I get that kind of drain.
  15. #875  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Yeah, if I actually use the phone and browse the Web, I get that kind of drain.
    40% in less than 90 minutes? I haven't seen anything that bad even when I doctor and have to download everything again. Even when I'm just pounding the radios it hasn't been more than 20% per hour. Something changed on my phone and I've got to figure it out.
  16. #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Can you tell me if your f105 kernel makes any changes to LunaSysMgr?

    Were you running the old SuperPreKernel at *any* point in time? If so, yes, that kernel wrongly modified that file. You need to use WebOS Repair Tool and tell it to specifically restore "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr".


    M.
  17.    #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Can you tell me if your f105 kernel makes any changes to LunaSysMgr? Since i have been using your kernel, every time luna is restarted it comes back up with all my launcher pages changed. Using add/delete launcher pages for months with no issues. Takes all pages over 3 and removes them but it does put all 3rd party apps into one page. So I am not losing apps, just the added pages. I have been trying everything I can think off. Emergency file verification does show "stock file modified via methodother than supportedpatch technoplogy.../usr/bin/lunasysmgr......If I doctor this and repair it will that mess with your kernel that is installed?
    My kernels have been blamed for the BP Oil spill, Katrina, and Global warming... the package contains 2 things; a kernel and compcache. The closest it comes to Luna is to install an icon for release notes.
    Live free or DIE!
  18. #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    40% in less than 90 minutes? I haven't seen anything that bad even when I doctor and have to download everything again. Even when I'm just pounding the radios it hasn't been more than 20% per hour. Something changed on my phone and I've got to figure it out.
    I've gone over 50% in that amount of time before. I do a lot of scrolling and multitasking though, the biggest drainers.
  19. #879  
    I would want this kernel to stay at the 500/1000 screenstate while charging. I don't like being locked in at 500 while charging. I don't care about temps. it will be fine. let me take the risk.
  20. #880  
    I am still amazed that I am consistently getting only a 1-2% drain per hour on my stock battery with the recent update to F105. It's lower than it has ever been, nicely done!!

    And I appreciate your decision to limit the CPU while charging.

Posting Permissions