Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    web link is down plz fix
    where did u get the kernel from
    help me
    I'm sure most, if not all webos users are aware by now of the possible danger of overclocking. :-)

Thanks for your concern!

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by jatta12 View Post
    where did u get the kernel from
    help me
    The link is almost all over the forum.. Are you sure you're old enough to be overclocking. :-) You can pm me with a msg explaining overclocking,and what can be the downside to it. Then I'll send you the link.

Cheers!
    I am amazed at the stability of this kernel compared to all the other testing kernels available, particularly on screen wakeups. unixpsycho you have outdone yourself

Not to mention battery life and temps are both really good even while using it at high frequencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This is on purpose to try to fix click-happy users on the power button. Sometimes it might end up in a deadlock and get stuck at a certain speed.

To somewhat reliably detect the TS I had to wait just a little bit longer to make sure the battery current is registering >0 instead of discharging 0<. This adds a little more overhead than I want but I am growing tired of complaints of screen brightness issues.
    Understood, makes perfect sense... with the update to the TS charge current values it seems to be working better.
  7.    #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Hey... I read back several pages and saw nothing, so I guess I will report this:

I have F105 v1.4.1-68 installed. Works great.

But...

I noticed in here that it says that it will run at 1005MHz when unplugged and when plugged/charging via USB, but 500 when charging via wall/touchstone.

Mine is indeed (according to Govnah v0.5.0) running at 1005MHz when not plugged in, but drops to 500MHz when I plug it to my laptop via USB. I watch it then pop back to 1005MHz a few seconds after unplugging the laptop-attached USB cable.

Not a big deal at all for me, but thought y'all would wanna know!

Thanks for the GREAT work on this!!!

Knox
    You are correct. This will be fixed in next release.
    Live free or DIE!
    I gotta say I love this kernal. I was previously using superkernal 800mhz and temps ran around 38-40c without any hardcore apps running....now my pre is constantly at temps of 26-28c
    Since I have been using this I have not had a battery-pulling freeze. Was running maybe one a day before.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyschriefer View Post
    I was previously using superkernal 800mhz

How did you remove that kernel? There's more to it than just uninstalling it. Did you restore /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr using WebOS Repair Utility?

M.
    UnixPsycho,

Is there any technical reason that if this kernel is *not* run at 1G/500M that it plows through a battery? I'm trying to simulate the F104 kernel (which I assume you've moved passed and will no longer be back-porting newer tweak ideas to) by having the high/low (screen on/off) be 800 (or 700, both did the same) so this way is stays low and cool all the time but also not the Palm default Slug Race. This, however, caused my battery to drop under 25% buy lunch (unplugged around 6:15am - lunch was around 1:30pm today). I've since put F104 back on locked it at 720/720/powersave like I've been doing and battery drain went back to normal (no greater than 3% p/h).

I'm asking you if this could've been screenstate being "locked" like that, or if this was just One Of Those Days where the Electron Gnomes at Sprint were targeting me (we all have those days :-/ )?

M.

(Yes, I'm aware the I could just set the speed at 720MHz and not use powersave, but it makes me feel good seeing the word "powersave"... :-)
    unix quick question. The compile error you said was in -68 will it affect the end user greatly. Reason I asked is I am not seeing the same results with -69 as I did with -68.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's not the kernel's fault.

It's the frequency at which you are choosing to run your device causing individual device specific frequency harmonics at frequencies determined by the combinations of many electronic components each with their own level of manufacturing variation within design tolerances and just happening to interfere with the specific cellular channel frequency (each band has many slightly different frequencies) and potentially causing problems....

-- Rod
    I'm having a new problem that I think is connected to this kernel.

Could this kernel be causing me to pick up local radio station signals on my dental braces which are now playing music inside my mouth??

I think it's the kernel!!

Or... it could be bunnies!

Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies!

(too many pop culture references for one post??)
    just reporting something I bleieve to be as a bug. The volume is quieter with the f105 kernel. I had my volume all the way up on both volumes and ringer switch turned on. My volume compared to my cousins stocker kernel pre while playing cloudhopper game sounded like I could barely hear the sound from the star and trampoline from my pre but easily heard it across the room on his.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The internal clock seems to be broken with the -69 update, in a few specific conditions. With the phone radio off (so no network time) and the screen off, the internal clock does not update. With the screen on, time is kept appropriately, and with phone radio on (network time) it updates within about five seconds of turning the screen on. This potentially has been a bug with -67 also but I did not have this set of circumstances to test with -67. Otherwise the kernel is great, stable, battery life is good as well. Thank you for all the good work.
    I've installed the F105 yesterday, so for now it's not well tested of me.

When putting the Pre onto the Touchstone charger, the cpu frequency is going down to 500 MHz as soon as the display shuts off. That worked so far last evening but this morning before i picked up the Pre i had a look at the frequency (Govnah) and it was at 1005 MHz although it was still remaining on the touchstone. The power icon states that the phone is still charging respectively on power.

Any idea why this is happening? How does the kernel recognize, that the phone is on power? Is there anything further i can do to help?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    I've installed the F105 yesterday, so for now it's not well tested of me.

When putting the Pre onto the Touchstone charger, the cpu frequency is going down to 500 MHz as soon as the display shuts off. That worked so far last evening but this morning before i picked up the Pre i had a look at the frequency (Govnah) and it was at 1005 MHz although it was still remaining on the touchstone. The power icon states that the phone is still charging respectively on power.

Any idea why this is happening? How does the kernel recognize, that the phone is on power? Is there anything further i can do to help?
    When the screen is off, Govnah does not record anything, though it will "catch up" and show the transition did happen. It is a fairly minor issue.
    I haven't been following this thread closely, but I started using the 105 kernel about two weeks ago. Yesterday I updated it from preware. Since then my battery life has dropped. I've been surfing precentral for less than 90 minutes and I went from 100% to 62% in that period. No radios on except the phone, 4 bars of 3g verizon.

any ideas on what happened? I have not changed anything else this week. I noticed the battery drained fast last evening, and this morning confirms I. I lost another 2% while typing tjis message. What should I do next?
    I heard rumors of an overclock. Now that I have found the creator, would you please send a download link. Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonbook86 View Post
    I heard rumors of an overclock. Now that I have found the creator, would you please send a download link. Thx.
    There are several overclock kernels. You get them from Preware, and you need the Govna app from Preware to control it.