Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #801  
    I have used many of the kernels and find this one to work the best for me. All of them sped up my Pre but this particular one does not have heat issues for me. Even with the stock Pre kernel, my Pre would get very hot when using the car charger. I would have to place it next to the air conditioner or unplug it periodically to avoid high temp warnings. I do not get those anymore with this kernel. Thank you for all your work!
  2. #802  
    -68 is a beauty
  3.    #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    -68 is a beauty
    some users might like that build.... it's gone now
    Live free or DIE!
  4. #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    some users might like that build.... it's gone now
    y is it gone?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  5. #805  
    Is this AUPT compatible or does it need to be removed prior to the update?
  6.    #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    y is it gone?
    it was a bad mistake.
    Live free or DIE!
  7. #807  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    it was a bad mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    some users might like that build.... it's gone now
    i dont get it, im actually using -68 right now and its great right now so why would it be bad, or like u say a mistake
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  8.    #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont get it, im actually using -68 right now and its great right now so why would it be bad, or like u say a mistake
    it works fine. there's a surprise in it.
    Live free or DIE!
  9. #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    it works fine. there's a surprise in it.
    ummm...what's the surprise?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10. #810  
    Today I took my phone off the charger around 9:00 am and I just now noticed that it is still at 71% I can truly say I have never had this much battery left this late in the day. I am using build -68 and pyscho I see where you said it was a mistake and there is an update ready to be installed. Are you at liberty to say what was the mistake with the kernel because so far so good but since you are the creator of the kernel you know better than us what is going on in the background. Waiting patiently for 1.4.5 and f111. Thanks for your work on the Pre!!
  11. #811  
    yes what suprise?
  12.    #812  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Today I took my phone off the charger around 9:00 am and I just now noticed that it is still at 71% I can truly say I have never had this much battery left this late in the day. I am using build -68 and pyscho I see where you said it was a mistake and there is an update ready to be installed. Are you at liberty to say what was the mistake with the kernel because so far so good but since you are the creator of the kernel you know better than us what is going on in the background. Waiting patiently for 1.4.5 and f111. Thanks for your work on the Pre!!
    Both are exactly the same. There was a compile error on my part.
    Live free or DIE!
  13. #813  
    so I take it your recommendation is to do the update to -69 correct?
  14. #814  
    Hey... I read back several pages and saw nothing, so I guess I will report this:

    I have F105 v1.4.1-68 installed. Works great.

    But...

    I noticed in here that it says that it will run at 1005MHz when unplugged and when plugged/charging via USB, but 500 when charging via wall/touchstone.

    LCD off - 500MHz
    LCD on - Full speed or by max policy
    Charging via wall charger - 500MHz
    Charging by USB - normal operation
    Mine is indeed (according to Govnah v0.5.0) running at 1005MHz when not plugged in, but drops to 500MHz when I plug it to my laptop via USB. I watch it then pop back to 1005MHz a few seconds after unplugging the laptop-attached USB cable.

    Not a big deal at all for me, but thought y'all would wanna know!

    Thanks for the GREAT work on this!!!

    Knox
  15. #815  
    unixpyscho I am getting an ipk error trying to update the f105 Thunderchief kernel to -69 I have never had any problems updating before. I am restarting the Pre to see if that solves the problem. if you need the error log let me know.
  16. #816  
    So I assume its best to remove F105 before the update? If so is it as simple as swipe/deleting it via Preware?
  17. #817  
    updated to 69 got ipkg error so i rebooted and tried again and it worked, But now I cant access PreWare and luna manager wont work. I have to reboot by the power button.

    Any body else having this problem?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  18. #818  
    unixpysco is webosinternal's server down? Would that affect the updating of the kernel? The reason I ask is I have restarted twice and started Preware but it is still hanginf on downloading feeds for the last 2 minutes. I have also tried to go the webos feeds via my pc and get a page cannot be displayed error.
  19. #819  
    I believe it is. Its hanging on me as well.
  20. #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unixpysco is webosinternal's server down? Would that affect the updating of the kernel? The reason I ask is I have restarted twice and started Preware but it is still hanginf on downloading feeds for the last 2 minutes. I have also tried to go the webos feeds via my pc and get a page cannot be displayed error.
    If you're getting any form of error with preware... It was mention by Rod this morning that there was a problem with the server. It was working this afternoon.

Posting Permissions