Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Been running 105 for about 2.5 hours now. Everything is running well... No major issues. I think there is some serious battery drain at 1ghz but that would be expected. (Could be in my head... need more time with the kernel.) No heat issues yet but tomorrow will tell the story.

Great work Marco and Ron.

K
    I don't see the major battery drain. I have had the kernel installed for the last 2 hours and probably only lost about 5%. I will test better tomorrow. The apps are much snappier opening up. Great job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't see the major battery drain. I have had the kernel installed for the last 2 hours and probably only lost about 5%. I will test better tomorrow. The apps are much snappier opening up. Great job!!
    Same here so far, works great! I will update more tomorrow.
    I'm not surprise that the pre cpu can withstand up to 1GHZ. :-)
    Luna crashed on me once about 40 mins ago, but it crashed before @500Mhz w/stock kernel. Maybe I've already broken my Pre

I'll keep testing. One more crash and I'll go back to F104
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have previously used a 720.sh or 800.sh patch on your device, and have not webOS Doctored it since, then you should do so now before installing this kernel.

-- Rod
    Sad state, I think at one time I had these patches on the system. Even so the install went fine and been running up to 1005 screenstate for the last several hours. Is there any other way to remove the left over files from 720.sh instead of Doctoring the phone. I ask because of all the programs I have on the phone the complete doctoring takes well over 5 hours.

Slightly higher heat and battery drain.

Only thing I noticed it I can't seem to get the speed to drop below 500.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Sad state, I think at one time I had these patches on the system. Even so the install went fine and been running up to 1005 screenstate for the last several hours. Is there any other way to remove the left over files from 720.sh instead of Doctoring the phone. I ask because of all the programs I have on the phone the complete doctoring takes well over 5 hours.

Slightly higher heat and battery drain.

Only thing I noticed it I can't seem to get the speed to drop below 500.
    Before someone slaps me, you can check the 720.sh file to see what files got replaced, check if they were restored correctly, and if you dare, open the webosdoctor file and extract the relevant files

I'd do that.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    So where do I find this?

Just Kidding
    (please don't ban me)

Serious question. Given the use of a screenstate governor, will any one test Kernel be better suited for battery savings than another? I would like to begin to test for maximum battery life. - I mention screenstate b/c scaling seems to burn through my mAh.

Practically, would scaling ThunderC down to 500/800 give the same results as UK 500/800?
    Last edited by Rkguy; 06/22/2010 at 12:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Just got it installed. First impressions are that it's a noticeable improvement. Things that tend to make the phone lag even at 800MHz, such as scrolling quickly through lots of contacts or image-heavy web pages, are smoother at 1GHz. I'll have to watch temps for a couple of days and see if anything negative pops up.

Thanks, Marco!
    any need for govnah scaling, or this 105 has the screen state built into it?
    Watching video is a bad idea. One video, 200 MB in size, after watching for 30 seconds I checked the temp and it was up to 51 C. I usually scale down to 500 mhz when watching video, but I cannot do this with this kernel currently can I? Govnah doesn't seem to want to at least.

So far so good though. I too notice some increase in performance, particularly when scrolling and drop down menus. My temps average 39-43, my phone has always ran a little warm, so I feel that is acceptable right now, it's only a couple of degrees higher than when running 720/800.

Awesome job!
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    are you sure?
    Yeah. I installed it and I really didn't notice it going any faster. Preware loaded faster but that's about it. The vkb didn't work faster for me, idk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Serious question. Given the use of a screenstate governor, will any one test Kernel be better suited for battery savings than another? I would like to begin to test for maximum battery life. - I mention screenstate b/c scaling seems to burn through my mAh.

Practically, would scaling ThunderC down to 500/800 give the same results as UK 500/800?
    All the kernels currently draw the same power when running at the same instantaneous frequency.

However, the next thing on the list to look at is undervolting ... and Marco has started on that already

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    If you have previously used a 720.sh or 800.sh patch on your device, and have not webOS Doctored it since, then you should do so now before installing this kernel.

-- Rod
    Why do we have to doctor our phones? I just ran the command 'sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall' and it went back down the stock speed. Does it not completely remove it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Why do we have to doctor our phones? I just ran the command 'sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall' and it went back down the stock speed. Does it not completely remove it?
    If you have had that package installed during a webOS upgrade, then it would have restored an incorrect version of LunaSysMgr. This has been proven to cause Universal Search problems, and probably causes other problems as well.

So my advice to anyone who has had that package installed is to use the webOS Doctor. The fact is that the person who packaged that (hint: it wasn't Marco, and it was packaging Marco's work against Marco's express wishes and not returning any of the proceeds back to Marco) didn't heed my warnings at the time, and produced a package which leaves crap behind in certain scenarios.

If you don't use the webOS Doctor, and have previously had that package installed, then we will assume that any problem you report lies there, and will ignore your posts until you do use the webOS Doctor. It's harsh, but you know who to blame (and it isn't anyone who has posted in this thread).

We have wasted far too much time on this issue already, hence the lack of enthusiasm in explaining it yet again, let alone diagnosing any residual problems that could be caused by it.

[Note that the frustration expressed in this post is not directed at you personally]

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    does govnah 0.4.2 work okay with this kernal? or do we need to update to a beta govnah?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    does govnah 0.4.2 work okay with this kernal? or do we need to update to a beta govnah?
    You should probably use Govnah 0.4.9 alpha with this kernel, although I expect 0.4.2 may well work for simple frequency adjustments.

-- Rod
    You should probably use Govnah 0.4.9 alpha with this kernel, although I expect 0.4.2 may well work for simple frequency adjustments.

-- Rod
    0.4.9 still reports the screenstate profile as "unknown" is that normal?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    0.4.9 still reports the screenstate profile as "unknown" is that normal?
    Unless you have defined a Screenstate 500/1005 profile in Govnah, that's to be expected, right?

-- Rod
    Unless you have defined a Screenstate 500/1005 profile in Govnah, that's to be expected, right?

-- Rod
    never mind i already made it to 500/1005 and it works
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast