Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I've noticed apps lile Live Sports or Pack n Track don't automatically pull data needed to give me a notification unless I manualy refresh. Not sure if it's the kernel or if it could even affect this in the first place
    Minor update on -60... been running within hours of being released, so approx 2 days now. Last night I uninstalled another program that I suspected of sapping a bit of battery life by waking my PrePlus more often. After doing this & running a bat drain test, it averaged 1.0% at idle, so this is almost back to where it was with 1.5.0 (within tolerance close enough to say it's the same).

Other than that, general operation is still nice & quick, no crashes, freezes or lags. Apps open quicker & temps are nice & cool. They only rise up a little bit when the CPU is cranking through apps, but temps don't get much higher than when it was stock. Sitting on the Touchstone for a 1/2 hour now and I'm at 24C after turning on the screen for a bit. Only minor quirk I had was Weatherbug opened to a blank white card once & wouldn't launch, but can't say if it was a fluke or not. Throwing the card away & reopening it worked fine, and it's only happened once, so can't say if it's appearing marginal on stability or not since everything else has worked fine (phone, text, email, web, PreWare, Gmaps, VZ navigator, calendar, Mode Switcher, and others...).
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    And it seems childish to complain about something that is easy available. Please, save these comments for the "General Complaints" thread. I have answered this probably at least 3 times now but it seems you are too lazy to go back a few pages to read the last response.
    nvm, thought i was PM'n him.

*edited out*

As it appears I can't PM you.

How is it "easy available" if (admittedly I did not read all 34 pages) from what I have determined from searching this forums, you refuse to post the preware feed? Even though many of us might know what we're doing, we basically have to either live on these forums or be treated like luddites?
    Last edited by aeroblu22; 06/30/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    I do the same thing to others! love that site. Still, I had to ask while I was here reading. No harm!
    Thanks for the help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post

*edited out*

How is it "easy available" if (admittedly I did not read all 34 pages) from what I have determined from searching this forums, you refuse to post the preware feed? Even though many of us might know what we're doing, we basically have to either live on these forums or be treated like luddites?
    I dont live in these forums.. i didnt ask for any help finding the feed. If you say you know what you are doing, but yet are having problems, then do you really know what you are doing? it is very simple. This is for Alpha Testing. if you cant figure out something so simple then maybe you should just wait for it to be released to uberkernel. 800mhz is nearly just as fast as 1ghz. to be honest there isnt a HUGE jump in speed. I've ran sunspider benchmarks and the results are as follows

@500mhz - 22000ms
    @800mhz - 13500ms
    @1ghz - 10700ms

these are rounded to the hundredths.

So just relax and wait if you cant participate. sure you are missing a little bit.. but not a whole lot.
    The kernel development is awesome. Props go to the diligent and dedicated work of the team and testers. I'm looking forward to the optimized "cool running" speed of everybody's hardwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post

*edited out*

If you can't find the feed with Google, you don't know what you are doing. Period.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If you can't find the feed with Google, you don't know what you are doing. Period.
    This
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've been running this for about 2 days, since I saw the post on the main precentral page. This has been amazing! I've ran the hotspot without having to close every card I have, I haven't seen any slowness on the phone. The web pages are opening quick and you don't see the gray and black checked. Battery drain hasn't been that bad, I have a 2600, so I'm not noticing much. I took it off the charge at 6:30, it's now 3:40 and I'm down to 77%. Thanks everyone for all their hard work on this!
    Did you try disabling compcache yet?
    how do i disable compcache with govnah 0.50?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    how do i disable compcache with govnah 0.50?

open govnah press on the governor line. switch Compache enabled to false..
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I just wanted to give you guys props for this amazing work.. As for me Ima have to wait for it to go public.. I'm afraid I'll mess up my phone being that it act funny now withwout any serious patches in it (theme and battery % showing) and still have freezes and blacks out here and there.. It's been getting me really frustrated

I willing to learn and do the research to take the proper steps to knowing how to do this.. Where should I go? Can someone provide me a link? Thanx in advance Jae
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post

open govnah press on the governor line. switch Compache enabled to false..
    thanks, but,if only a button like that would have exist, my life would have been easier (0.50)....
    Should compcache be turned off? What are the benefits of using it or not?
    Laissez Faire
    thanks, but,if only a button like that would have exist, my life would have been easier (0.50)....
    ... v0.5.0.... yes.. press on the screen. on the 2nd line where it says governor... it brings up a new screen where you can select the governor (conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, screenstate, performance), the frequency setting, and Compcache config...
    Just got this today. Sweeeeet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
    ... v0.5.0.... yes.. press on the screen. on the 2nd line where it says governor... it brings up a new screen where you can select the governor (conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, screenstate, performance), the frequency setting, and Compcache config...
    i got there, but there is no true or false button, just Compcache with the number 0 next to it...will try to delete and install
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i got there, but there is no true or false button, just Compcache with the number 0 next to it...will try to delete and install
    A few things to try. In no particular order.
    • Simple Luna restart.
    • Switch governors and then switch back to the one you want to use.
    • Tap the "Apply" button after each settings change.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Why do you have the manual settings preference (marked for experienced users only) set to on in your preferences?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I don't whether or not it was the kernel but when I updated to -60 my extended battery got fried. At first I thought it was the phone that was acting up but when I switched to my stock battery the phone ran fine, but whenever I had the extended battery in the phone would shut down randomly. Even after Doctoring this still occurs with the extended battery.