Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #641  
    Update: I uninstalled and battery pulled through my changes with no results. I re-installed the kernel, nothing. I went back into govnah and reset my MIN Freq to 500, 600, etc. and that's what registered on Govnah and Commnadline as the "screen on" freq. I set it to 1005 and got a "screen on" freq. of 1005 and "screen off" freq. of 500 (numbers rounded). Not sure yet why this had to be done. Will do more testing in the morning.
  2. #642  
    Update: I uninstalled and battery pulled through my changes with no results. I re-installed the kernel, nothing. I went back into govnah and reset my MIN Freq to 500, 600, etc. and that's what registered on Govnah and Commnadline as the "screen on" freq. I set it to 1005 and got a "screen on" freq. of 1005 and "screen off" freq. of 500 (numbers rounded). Not sure yet why this had to be done. Will do more testing in the morning.
  3. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post
    after searching for about an hour last morning(forum search sucks, btw), finally found the feed and installed it. Other than being a bit thirstier with the battery, no issues here.

    rather disheartening though, imho, to get home from working a graveyard shift, check precentral (OMG AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!), then find out that everyone is treating it like a state secret or something. Even after it made the front page of precentral.

    why not just simply post the feed and nothing else? Those who know how to use preware (and obviously knew how to install it) will know what to do with it. Seems rather childish. Just my 2
    The "clueless masses" run the risk of frying their phones by running any of the experimental kernels, and as a result, these new kernels are NOT suitable for general consumption until they are a bit more mature.

    With that said, I had my first true hard-lock of my phone with -60 last night. All I had was Battery Monitor, Govnah and Dungeon Hunter open, and after an hour of playing, my phone locked up HARD...5 mins, no response. I ended up doing a battery pull to get my phone back.
  4. #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    The "clueless masses" run the risk of frying their phones by running any of the experimental kernels, and as a result, these new kernels are NOT suitable for general consumption until they are a bit more mature.

    With that said, I had my first true hard-lock of my phone with -60 last night. All I had was Battery Monitor, Govnah and Dungeon Hunter open, and after an hour of playing, my phone locked up HARD...5 mins, no response. I ended up doing a battery pull to get my phone back.
    That happen to the best of us. Not your fault that's just how experiment work. You sometime get some hiccups. You're phone will be alright. (:-)
  5. #645  
    Just a morning update. Been using -60 for two days on my Vzw Pre. No resets, freezes or lags. My battery life yesterday was awesome, best it has ever been. Also, my phone stays much cooler than UK.

    One thing I can add is that before putting in the F105 kernel, I uninstalled UK, installed the stock kernel from Preware, and ran a WebOS repair. Then I installed F105 so maybe cleaning it up helped the stability/performance of 105.
  6. #646  
    on regular palm pre with F105 should I enable comcache (true?) and maximum I got 64 mb? Or better just disable it (false)? Thank you
  7.    #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post
    after searching for about an hour last morning(forum search sucks, btw), finally found the feed and installed it. Other than being a bit thirstier with the battery, no issues here.

    rather disheartening though, imho, to get home from working a graveyard shift, check precentral (OMG AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!), then find out that everyone is treating it like a state secret or something. Even after it made the front page of precentral.

    why not just simply post the feed and nothing else? Those who know how to use preware (and obviously knew how to install it) will know what to do with it. Seems rather childish. Just my 2
    And it seems childish to complain about something that is easy available. Please, save these comments for the "General Complaints" thread. I have answered this probably at least 3 times now but it seems you are too lazy to go back a few pages to read the last response.
    Live free or DIE!
  8. #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    on regular palm pre with F105 should I enable comcache (true?) and maximum I got 64 mb? Or better just disable it (false)? Thank you
    It depends on how many apps you plan to run at a given time. The stock pre comes with 256 mb of ram. 230 mb is used by webos (on avg). Without compcache you can probably check your email, facebook, IM client, and make a phone call before the pre starts dropping stuff to the swap. I personally have my pre (original sprint pre) compcache enabled at 24 mb. Buys me just that little bit of extra time before hitting the swap file
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
  9.    #649  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Hello good men and women. I just installed the compcache today. I am running this on my Verizon Palm Pre 1.4.1 I am installed the thunderchief kernel, and although I do see some speed increase, I also notice some slight freeze ups. And the occasional stalled screen, that happened when I tried opening a youtube link. It also as I mentioned, stalled a bit, even froze when I opened my apps for the first time using the thunderchief. But that it goes away after that first launch. Well somewhat anyway. Everything outside of that , the kernel works fine. But for me it still just isn't exactly show stopping compared to the super prekernel,which I just learned today is part of the team behind f105 and compcache if I am not mistaken. A friend of mine and I tried to search for any apps. Or patches that may conflict with compcache performance, but we could not find anything. Does that also include custome themes? What are the chances of a custom theme to conflict with the compcache, or any other app/outside source for that matter? My pre has rebooted on it's own while just browsing through apps but the unfortunate part is that I didn't keep tab of what app it was precisely. This is my feed back for Verizon 1.4.1 , I hope that this is useful for future updates and projects. I'm thinking of taking a trip to the Pre doctor and just starting all over. But before I do, I would like to hear what you guys have to say.
    I am confused at why you posted this 3 times now in different threads...

    That <unnamed kernel> uses the same exact code as Uber to perform overclocking. So when people claim the <unnamed kernel> is more faster than everything is kind of hilarious....since it is the same EXACT code in order to overclock in both. F105 is the 1st kernel that has an overhaul in that code... then Warthog (not to be confused with the A-10 Warthog).

    I'm not sure what themes has to do with kernels but...themes wont cause anything to go wrong with the kernel. Themes just suck to uninstall. There is no apps that cause conflicts with compcache. There are apps that cause conflict with screenstate governor.
    Live free or DIE!
  10. #650  
    Now that you say warthog. What's their difference. Is there anything I should know that would make me decide on which one to get? I've been reading a lot about this kernels and I'm ready to test them. I'm gonna get this F105 one first but still wanted some info on what they do since they both can go up to 1.05 ghz
  11. #651  
    OK, this maybe a fluke but i thought i would post to see if its a possibility. Before i installed f105 i had UK 500/800 installed. well one of my three touchstones would charge the phone all the way and then start to cycle, this is a common problem for some. but now that i have f105 i no longer have these problems. Wondering if anyone else can confirm this or is it not even possible that this kernel would have that effect. Thanks!
  12. #652  
    sorry everyone it was a fluke started doing it again. So far f105-60 has been great. Its running really smooth.
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
    Now that you say warthog. What's their difference. Is there anything I should know that would make me decide on which one to get? I've been reading a lot about this kernels and I'm ready to test them. I'm gonna get this F105 one first but still wanted some info on what they do since they both can go up to 1.05 ghz
    Let me google that for you
    Live free or DIE!
  14. #654  
    Lol, that's actually quite amusing Marco.
    I couldn't resist clicking on it.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  15. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #655  
    After a couple days with f105 I can see that the speeds in general are overall "snappier". My music app loads faster, my pictures load faster and of course the launcher is more fluid. I really havent had any temp issues at all, but the weather around here has been much cooler the last couple days if that matters. I cant really comment too much on battery drain. It honestly doesnt feel like there is much more than the f104 I was using prior.

    I have had a couple issues. Before I start, I fully doctored the phone before loading this kernel. I have had random crashes, but mainly its from hitting the standby while in screenstate to wake the phone up for use. The screen lights up and goes black then shortly after does a luna restart. I am guessing when the kernel says "crank it up yo!" webos is sometimes taken by surprise and restarts. This happened 3-4 times yesterday. One other weird issue I had, which only happened once, was I had a voicemail notification and when I tapped the phone it pulled up a full black card with nothing but the voicemail notification on it. Closed the phone app and re-opened and same thing. Restarted the phone and it was back to normal. I am also having trouble with the alarm, but I am fully convinced that it has nothing to do with the kernel. I seem to remember the last time i doctored the phone it took a couple times of setting the alarm to work correctly for some odd reason. Also I may be completely doing it wrong, but when I try to change the compcache memlimit in govnah it just stays at 20240. Not a huge deal, since im not just a heavy power user.

    Overall I would say my overall use of the kernel has been a positive one. I dont plan on removing f105 unless something changes that I just cant live with. I installed the kernel knowing all the risks. I just thought I would share some of the few issues I have had, if it helps out in the smallest amount. I do want to applaud and thank unixpsycho's efforts and work for the webos community. I love your work!!
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    After a couple days with f105 I can see that the speeds in general are overall "snappier". My music app loads faster, my pictures load faster and of course the launcher is more fluid. I really havent had any temp issues at all, but the weather around here has been much cooler the last couple days if that matters. I cant really comment too much on battery drain. It honestly doesnt feel like there is much more than the f104 I was using prior.

    I have had a couple issues. Before I start, I fully doctored the phone before loading this kernel. I have had random crashes, but mainly its from hitting the standby while in screenstate to wake the phone up for use. The screen lights up and goes black then shortly after does a luna restart. I am guessing when the kernel says "crank it up yo!" webos is sometimes taken by surprise and restarts. This happened 3-4 times yesterday. One other weird issue I had, which only happened once, was I had a voicemail notification and when I tapped the phone it pulled up a full black card with nothing but the voicemail notification on it. Closed the phone app and re-opened and same thing. Restarted the phone and it was back to normal. I am also having trouble with the alarm, but I am fully convinced that it has nothing to do with the kernel. I seem to remember the last time i doctored the phone it took a couple times of setting the alarm to work correctly for some odd reason. Also I may be completely doing it wrong, but when I try to change the compcache memlimit in govnah it just stays at 20240. Not a huge deal, since im not just a heavy power user.

    Overall I would say my overall use of the kernel has been a positive one. I dont plan on removing f105 unless something changes that I just cant live with. I installed the kernel knowing all the risks. I just thought I would share some of the few issues I have had, if it helps out in the smallest amount. I do want to applaud and thank unixpsycho's efforts and work for the webos community. I love your work!!
    Darn. I am hoping your Pre isnt upset with the low voltage on 500MHz when coming out of sleep. The differnent revs of the Pre's are all over the place on voltage scaling.

    Did you have -47 installed before?
    Live free or DIE!
  17. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Darn. I am hoping your Pre isnt upset with the low voltage on 500MHz when coming out of sleep. The differnent revs of the Pre's are all over the place on voltage scaling.

    Did you have -47 installed before?
    I still have -47 installed, I havent removed it. I have a lauch pre so I assume it would be the first rev.
  18. #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    It depends on how many apps you plan to run at a given time. The stock pre comes with 256 mb of ram. 230 mb is used by webos (on avg). Without compcache you can probably check your email, facebook, IM client, and make a phone call before the pre starts dropping stuff to the swap. I personally have my pre (original sprint pre) compcache enabled at 24 mb. Buys me just that little bit of extra time before hitting the swap file
    I have compcache disabled and I am able to open many cards without any slowdowns. I would try running with compcache turned off first and see how things run, then enable compcache to compare. I feel on the original Pre compcache is causing random pausing.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  19. #659  
    with 19 Apps open the phone start to get pretty slow when switching between the different apps and the launcher animation slows down a lot too.

    Govnah shows temp of 39C Memory 449/0 Load: 2.01 4.85 7.86

    Apps:
    E-mail
    Contacts
    PowerNap
    Calculator
    NewsRoom
    govnah
    Brightness Unlinked
    F105 release notes
    BestPrice Free
    Dictionary
    Pandora (Not Playing)
    Moon Info Free
    Zumo Drive
    Google Maps
    YPMobile
    Geocaching
    Verizon FIOS DVR Manager
    TMaps NY
    The Weather Channel

    After writing this e-mail the temp went up to 41C.
  20. #660  
    Day 1.5 on F105-60 reporting in

    Sprint Pre
    Good to Excellent Sprint signal for first hour, excellent roaming for the remainder of the morning.
    Bluetooth on
    WiFi off
    Runtime from 95% - 38% = 5 hrs 55 min
    Battery dph ranging from 6%-10% per hour (see usage notes below). This is not really any different that battery drain I see on a daily basis with uberkernel.
    Temps ran in the mid-high 20s at rest, F105 may put the afterburner on but it sure runs cool.
    Temps under general use ranged in the low 30s, again cooler on average than uber.
    Other usage notes:
    5 minutes of web browsing
    about 10 texts
    1 Exchange account - as items arrive
    1 Gmail account - as items arrive
    2 Gmail accounts - every 15 minutes
    Bad Kitty (Twitter) running for about 15 minutes, about 4 tweets

    Still stable, fast and smooth. Have not locked up the phone and I do not believe I am seeing any of the hiccups or pauses folks have alluded to.

    This will be my last report for a while. My EVO arrived today...we'll see if it can actually live up to the hype AND replace my lovely Pre. I like webOS a lot, the EVO and Android have a big task to win me over.
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!

Posting Permissions