Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #581  
    Unixpsycho, since others have seen the "pausing" that I have seen, the current voltage levels may still be a hair on the low side, which explains why it is pretty much stable(no crashing), but still causing the occasional hiccup. I could be wrong of course, but it is a thought. Thank you again for all your hard work, because it really is amazing the progress you have made.
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Unixpsycho, since others have seen the "pausing" that I have seen, the current voltage levels may still be a hair on the low side, which explains why it is pretty much stable(no crashing), but still causing the occasional hiccup. I could be wrong of course, but it is a thought. Thank you again for all your hard work, because it really is amazing the progress you have made.
    I reverted the 1005MHz voltage back to what it was in the 1st release. I left the voltage low for 500MHz.

    I suspect the hiccups are compcache flushing buffers to the backing store (slow usb flash). Some reported a size of 16MB runs smooth. You might have to do some tweaking to see what works good. There are no real solid numbers yet. You can also try disabling compcache to see if it gets better after playing with the numbers.

    Actually I dont think govnah will allow it to be changed for the F10x series, only disabling.
    Live free or DIE!
  3. #583  
    It has been a couple of days now using f105 v1.41-47 and the phone is working great. Very fast and battery life seems to be the same if not better than UK 500/800. Only time phone gets hot (58) is playing 3d game NFS. Regular phone and web browsing use the cpu only gets up to 42 maybe 50 if im in my hot truck. Thanks again for all the hard work.
  4. #584  
    I've only experienced the pausing with -60 on my Pre+ when I have compcache enabled. I've disabled compcache and haven't experienced it again.
  5. #585  
    I have a Pre Plus with Verizon and don't have compache enabled and haven't noticed any lags.
  6. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I reverted the 1005MHz voltage back to what it was in the 1st release. I left the voltage low for 500MHz.

    I suspect the hiccups are compcache flushing buffers to the backing store (slow usb flash). Some reported a size of 16MB runs smooth. You might have to do some tweaking to see what works good. There are no real solid numbers yet. You can also try disabling compcache to see if it gets better after playing with the numbers.

    Actually I dont think govnah will allow it to be changed for the F10x series, only disabling.
    I never turned Compcache on, so that wasn't it for me. The -60 build has been amazing for me, so if you reverted the voltage after that, then I'll test again and see....the pause I saw only happened a couple of times with -60, so I was going based on that.
  7. #587  
    IGNORE - I failed to remove uberkernel first 'cause I am dumb. F105 installed just fine after removing uberkernel. I am leaving this post as a reminder to those who forget to do this too.

    Awww dang...Install of F105-60 failed on my Sprint Pre. I have the latest uberkernel installed via Preware right now. Postinst portion of the log shows I have the right version of F105 for my device but several files fail verification. I sure didn't think I had toyed with any overclocks other than uberkernel via Preware so who knows what messed with these files.

    In any case I think previous posts in this thread indicated install problems are not worth troubleshooting. I'll probably doctor my phone tonight and give it another run. I'll check in before that just in case someone wants me to try something specific before I burn it down. I also have the install log if needed.
    Last edited by CTSLICK; 06/29/2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: because I am dumb, RTFI
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!
  8. Tigrao's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSLICK View Post
    Awww dang...Install of F105-60 failed on my Sprint Pre. I have the latest uberkernel installed via Preware right now. Postinst portion of the log shows I have the right version of F105 for my device but several files fail verification. I sure didn't think I had toyed with any overclocks other than uberkernel via Preware so who knows what messed with these files.

    In any case I think previous posts in this thread indicated install problems are not worth troubleshooting. I'll probably doctor my phone tonight and give it another run. I'll check in before that just in case someone wants me to try something specific before I burn it down. I also have the install log if needed.
    That's because you have to uninstall UberKernel before F105 will install.
  9. #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    That's because you have to uninstall UberKernel before F105 will install.
    hi...I'm a moron, pleased to meet you. All this reading and I still failed one of the most basic steps. Thanks for the help, I'm off to take a 100 lashes and try this again.
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!
  10. #590  
    @unix: reverting low voltage to 500mhz and keeping as is in 1ghz sounds like a great idea.

    I've been having pausing/studder issues with -60 build.

    question: when will the new release be uploaded?

    thanks again
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    @unix: reverting low voltage to 500mhz and keeping as is in 1ghz sounds like a great idea.

    I've been having pausing/studder issues with -60 build.

    question: when will the new release be uploaded?

    thanks again
    Did you try disabling compcache yet?
    Live free or DIE!
  12. ses2017's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #592  
    I have the .60 kernal, LOVE IT, had some trouble getting Govnah to kick into 1005mhz, but got past it (just kept at it, really), but I am curious of why people setting compcache to 16MB, and Govnah defaults to ~20mb, get no pause or hiccup or whatever the description. Is it possible that, like a PC OS, it recognizes memory in specific blocks or increments?

    I am a semi-noob, but have Doctored, backed up, restored, and patched to every updated CPU and Preware patch that my phone would allow without conflict; call it "trial by fire (just like with my Centro). I hope I haven't breached any customs, protocols, or vernacular unknowingly, and apologize if I have.
  13. #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I reverted the 1005MHz voltage back to what it was in the 1st release. I left the voltage low for 500MHz.

    I suspect the hiccups are compcache flushing buffers to the backing store (slow usb flash). Some reported a size of 16MB runs smooth. You might have to do some tweaking to see what works good. There are no real solid numbers yet. You can also try disabling compcache to see if it gets better after playing with the numbers.

    Actually I dont think govnah will allow it to be changed for the F10x series, only disabling.
    I am back on the original stock kernel to test battery usage.. but i've noticed that i get the same pause on the stock kernel as i do with the F104 and F105(both -47 and -60). it only happens intermittently though.
  14. #594  
    Nacho - No new patches or anything like that; only change is the updated F105.
  15. Dariste1's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #595  
    First of all I love this Kernel! I just wanted to say when i updated to the -60 kernel my phone took 10 minutes to start and when it did it was unresponsive and crashed after 1 minute. After that it started booting again, but then crashed twice (Palm logo showed up for 30 seconds then the screen turned off)

    After that every time I tried to boot it just showed a battery with a question mark in the middle of it. It didn't work correctly until I did battery pull. Its probably related to the lower voltages?
  16. jmaciel90's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #596  
    Ok...this is OT but I've been trying to get Preware to load up the testing feed and have done all the steps in order to get the feed but the feed isn't coming up...can someone PM me help? I've been learning a lot about the Pre lately since I just got a new one after my last one looked like it had been in a terrible war and i've also been trolling around here since it's launch pretty much. Some slight help would be great!
  17. #597  
    I installed -60 today onto my ATT Pre+, coming from Uber-Kernel. Things went fine, and the phone got a nice bump in responsiveness/speed.
  18. #598  
    Okay.. here we go.. quite interesting...

    -----Stock palm 500mhz kernel -------- F105
    Idle: 3.5%~ drain per hr -------- 4.5%~drain per hr
    3Dgame: 29%~drain per hr ------- 36%~drain per hr
  19. #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
    Okay.. here we go.. quite interesting...

    -----Stock palm 500mhz kernel -------- F105
    Idle: 3.5%~ drain per hr -------- 4.5%~drain per hr
    3Dgame: 29%~drain per hr ------- 36%~drain per hr
    Would you be able to outline your test conditions please? I am doing some testing myself at the moment and would also like to have different tests to see if they agree.
  20. Dariste1's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #600  
    It crashed again and is doing the same thing as before! I just had the phone idling and when i went to check it was off. I turned it on and it started fine, but crashed after 30 seconds of use. After that it just went to battery with a question mark, then after about 30 seconds start, but crash before it finished. Needed a battery pull to stop the restarting loop. Phone didn't seem hot at all. Sigh back to UberKernel I suppose.

Posting Permissions