Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #41  
    Is this real? Or am I dreaming?
  2. #42  
    new update I run 2 games at once dungeon hunter and sand storm. Play a sand storm for 5 min. And temp. on cpu went up to 42 F.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Its true. and I stand by my previous statement.

    But the linpack benchmarks we did currently on it showed some improvement so why not release it.
    Well as long as there is a performance gain

    Any change you could post up some of the benchmark numbers? Maybe for 720, 800, and 1000, just so we can get some idea about the performance increase?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have previously used a 720.sh or 800.sh patch on your device, and have not webOS Doctored it since, then you should do so now before installing this kernel.

    -- Rod
    i assume that just applies to the 720 and 800 sh kernels?
  5. #45  
    where can i find this?
    manleym7 likes this.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This speed increase is all Marco's work. I just make sure it's controllable with Govnah, packaged safely, and easily installable and removable via Preware And then together we take the stuff that's stable and put it into UberKernel.

    -- Rod
    outstanding, is it a safe assumption that UK will eventually be scalable up to 1g?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre tooley View Post
    where can i find this?
    May you stop trolling this thread please?
    Live free or DIE!
  8. #48  
    Just curious, why is 800 not available as a selectable freq with this Kernel ?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    i assume that just applies to the 720 and 800 sh kernels?
    It applies to any kernel that was packaged and released by anyone other than directly by Marco and/or myself. Especially if you left it in place during a webOS upgrade.

    I think you all know who/what I'm referring to.

    Previous kernels from Marco (e.g. F102 and F104 without the 'A') that were not in a Preware feed just need to be correctly removed (i.e. simply overwriting with a recovery kernel is *not* correct removal).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #50  
    While I don't know that I'd try this on my phone I think what you guys are doing is cool. Keep us posted!
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    outstanding, is it a safe assumption that UK will eventually be scalable up to 1g?
    That will depend on the quality of the alpha testers in this thread and the determination of the stability of the kernel as a result of that alpha testing.

    If there are too many people who do not exercise their responsibilities as an alpha tester (see http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506 ), then Marco might decide to make people build the kernel themselves to test it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Dont take our sarcasm personally.

    all good, I didn't, just felt like a noob for a sec though,haha..
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It applies to any kernel that was packaged and released by anyone other than directly by Marco and/or myself. Especially if you left it in place during a webOS upgrade.

    I think you all know who/what I'm referring to.

    Previous kernels from Marco (e.g. F102 and F104 without the 'A') that were not in a Preware feed just need to be correctly removed (i.e. simply overwriting with a recovery kernel is *not* correct removal).

    -- Rod
    thanks for the clarification!
    Last edited by brennan7; 06/21/2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: i can't spell :(
  14. #54  
    wow, I just loaded up google maps with thunderchief freshly installed. It loaded completely, map rendered and all in less than 5 seconds. With UK @ 800mhz I generally saw load times reach 10-15 seconds for google maps (I am on wifi for both estimates, and these times are estimates).
  15. #55  
    omg I love this kernel and the temp is fine, but I'm watching closely
  16. #56  
    Last question. I remember when the .SH files were first released, there was a linux command to show the difference in the speeds. It was like runs per seconds, I was wondering if you remembered that line?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Last question. I remember when the .SH files were first released, there was a linux command to show the difference in the speeds. It was like runs per seconds, I was wondering if you remembered that line?
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    Live free or DIE!
  18. #58  
    Err It wasn't that one. It was in a Caj's post showing the difference in speed from the 500mhz to the 600mhz, to the 600mhz optimized. It also had the 800, and 720mhz lines posted.
  19. #59  
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 1001.12

    Thanks

    I'll set it to 500/1000 and see how it goes from there.

    Will report findings.
  20. #60  
    . I want this rather badly.

    Can't wait...
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions