Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12345 View Post
    just noticed that the application icons in the catalog are flickering. Could that be related to this kernel? Or maybe I was having a mini-stroke.
    You have Govnah set to update the icon with CPU temp, known and documented to cause flickering in App Catalog.
    just downloaded the thubderchief and there is only one problem. I can't install it for some reason, and I'm getting a ton of errors. In the Postint it says, unable to run command: ipkg_offline_root=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.postinst2>&1. Does anyone have any idea how to get this thing working properly. After that in the Remove log it says the same
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Have F105 running smoothly on my Pre now. Took a little time and a couple of crashes (likely unrelated to the kernel). Temps have been under 45 all day, and everything seems blazing fast. The worst part was finding the feed for download, but even that only took a quick poke around the web. Thanks unixpsycho; hopefully this kernel will evolve, and will keep me from switching to the Evo.
    Also after I had the problem I restarted my pre after doing a reset and removing UK. I reset another time to see if that fixed the problem and so I could redownload it Thunderchief but no dice :/ smh
    Now I can't even install UK anymore *** is goin on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchu_iii View Post
    Now I can't even install UK anymore *** is goin on?
    i get the same error that the system could not contact to DNS servers
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I had this installed for a few hours, but I was concerned about the possible danger to my Pre...anyone wanna chime in on this? I live in a hot area -today it hit 107 degrees...so my phone gets hot as it is even without use. What's the likelihood of this assisting a 'core meltdown' as it were on my precious Pre?!?

Thanks everyone! I gotta say, the speed for those 3 hours kicked *****!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have my pre rooted and I have Preware installed and I have the testing feed in it. Can someone just tell me straight forward on how to install this.
    Mods: please ban hgrace
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Mods: please ban hgrace
    +1

go find an old post and post there, not here please
    I get an error trying to install that says that this kernel is not compatible with my version of OS... ??? I;m running 1.4.1.1
    Has anybody else had this problem??
    Make sure you have the right testing feed, is the only thing I can think of reading all the other posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtroncoso View Post
    I get an error trying to install that says that this kernel is not compatible with my version of OS... ??? I;m running 1.4.1.1
    Has anybody else had this problem??

your doing it wrong.. if you dont understand it.. please dont try and just wait for it to come out to uberkernel.. do not ask in this thread how to install it.
    all I gotta say is thank you to all who supported me and many others on this quest for the lost 1ghz kernel. I'm ****ssssed the f*** off. I can't believe how this is such a consirpicy! Seriously! Yea there are warning but I think when ppl read the warning before the initial install they can read for themselve and say, hmmmmm....should I download it? I've tried putting the damn testing feed into preware getting nowhere cuz it's not popping up. Google is where I got the url and I didn't forget that last / after the url.....i wonder what others think of you all not knowing the inside of it all. Me reading this site for months religiously gave me no hope in dope! In other words. You all are some stuck up ppl. But, unixpsycho, thanx for the UK that I've been using to OC my pre to 800mhz with no problems since it's release. I'll check this site come a new phone release. Mahalo and malama pono!
    all I gotta say is thank you to all who supported me and many others on this quest for the lost 1ghz kernel. I'm ****ssssed off and so frustrated right now at this feed thing and some stuck up ppl on this thread. can't believe how this is such a consirpicy! Seriously! Yea there are warnings but I think when ppl read the warning before the initial install they can decide for themselve and say, hmmmmm....should I download it? I've tried putting the damn testing feed URLs into preware getting nowhere cuz it's not popping up in the list after updating the feeds. Google is where I got the url and I didn't forget that last / after the url before adding it. AHHHHHHHHH! All I want is to try it out! Damn..btw I can't do it from a computer, I HAVE NONE. WHATEVER tho. But, unixpsycho, thanx for the UK that I've been using to OC my pre to 800mhz with no problems since it's release. Taking a break from all you . Can't stand the heat in here with some rude, abnoxious ppl in here thinking they part of an elite team that is members only. kinda sad cuz this site's forums was so exciting to read giving me hope for my poor lilttle pre, mind you that I paid $300 upfront and didn't even send the rebate in cuz I didn't care. Ha! When palm comes out with a new phone I'll be back. Hopefully some ppl understand they lucky there being a screen. Wonder how some things coming out of there mouths would be if it was face to face forums? Also thanx to those that malama pono!
    dunno what's going on above me....

but in all seriousness, what/how do I add the feed to preware to try this out? I added both testing feeds from the preware article on the wiki, no joy. Also tried google and no joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hgrace702 View Post
    don't wanna sound dumb but can I get this kernel from preware?
    ooops... too late :0)
    WebOS still makes sense.
    F105 is great.. just need a solar powered battery charger to charge ever sec of the day!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supra View Post
    That is just blazing FAST!

What song is that playing in the background of the YouTube video? I like it.

dont know if anyone replyed but.. mims - this is why im hot (instrumental) dont know what plays after that.. didnt have time check out the whole 9min vid!
    Last edited by imdjjohnnyc; 06/29/2010 at 05:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post
    dunno what's going on above me....

but in all seriousness, what/how do I add the feed to preware to try this out? I added both testing feeds from the preware article on the wiki, no joy. Also tried google and no joy.
    you need to search for the KERNEL Testing feed. Since I was able to find it I know you can, but as stated on the wiki if you can't then maybe ALPHA kernel testing is not for you.