Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjanders View Post
    its not connected to the wall charger or the usb. I think the problem had to do with it being screen state because I installed the warthog kernel and everything works fine except it also is stuck at 500 mhz when on screenstate
    There are a few incompatibilities with apps that make screenstate not work. Do a forum search as this has been discussed many times.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by arjoey15 View Post
    problem fixed! got .60 running smoothly with a starting temp of 38c!! running 2 3D games + 3 music apps + facebook beta.... temp is between 44-49! how are pre plus users doing? I still got the good ol' sprint pre =D

on a side-note I discovered that the palm default profile isn't functional and the userspace govenor is missing on the govnah app after succesfully installing .60... any ideas why it disappeared?
    F105-60 is a very fast kernel. Kudos to the development team.

(I've been running the latest versions of Uberkernel, which have been very stable over the last three main iterations.)

1) Removed Uberkernel via the 'Remove' button in Preware, did not reboot yet.
    2) Installed F105-60, rebooted.

I test ran F105-60 for about 2 hours. It seems to be stable, no crashes or freeze-ups during this time period.

Govnah reports (correctly) that the profile is 'unknown' and that the governor is set to 'screenstate'.

Initial temps were up around 43 after install. The temperatures dropped down to 35-38 while the screen was off. (checked in Govnah whenever I accessed the phone).

The temperature would climb up to 45 within 2 minutes of the screen being on. Application type didn't affect the rate of climb within the limited timeframe for testing. (Under Uberkernel the temp would occasionally get up to 40 when running graphically intensive apps, but normally near 35 under use, and down to 27 when idle)

The battery life dropped from a start point of 58% down to 39% over the two hours. No variance in usage patterns from normal. (it dropped 5% within the first half hour)

Applications do launch faster than the Uberkernel (ondemand 250-800).

Back to the Uberkernel for now as the drain on the battery appears to be quite significant. The heat, although a bit of concern, did not get into danger territory so that part doesn't look like a problem.
    F105 v.0.60 really rocks my pre! So far nothng strange, everything works great and I noticed sgnifcant battery life improvement! Tnx unixpsycho!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjanders View Post
    its not connected to the wall charger or the usb. I think the problem had to do with it being screen state because I installed the warthog kernel and everything works fine except it also is stuck at 500 mhz when on screenstate
    Did you check/change your screen brightness settings?

My screenstate switching has worked fine with all of the "F" kernels I've tried.
    Ran -47 for several days without any crashes, restarts or hiccups of any kind. Speed overall was improved over all other kernels tried. No negative artifacts for me, except a mild increase in battery drain.

Removed -47 and tried -59, then saw you updated again so removed -59 & installed 60. Been running it for ~5+ hrs now. No crashes or hiccups. Battery drain appears to be slightly better. I'll test further & report tomorrow.

Maybe you should remove the slots for 125 & 250 being reported to Govnah' since they're not supported by the kernel? I think some ppl are still getting confused seeing these options list in Govnah' & they think they can run those freqs. Unless you're going to add those...

BTW my temps have never gone beyond the 30's with any of these kernels, on or off the Touchstone.
  7.    #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Ran -47 for several days without any crashes, restarts or hiccups of any kind. Speed overall was improved over all other kernels tried. No negative artifacts for me, except a mild increase in battery drain.

Removed -47 and tried -59, then saw you updated again so removed -59 & installed 60. Been running it for ~5+ hrs now. No crashes or hiccups. Battery drain appears to be slightly better. I'll test further & report tomorrow.

Maybe you should remove the slots for 125 & 250 being reported to Govnah' since they're not supported by the kernel? I think some ppl are still getting confused seeing these options list in Govnah' & they think they can run those freqs. Unless you're going to add those...
    I tried to remove them but the Pre has put a smack down on me....it told me to go get it some cornflakes. 125 i got removed, 250 caused a non-booting Pre, and it aint giving it up. Hence why I had some odd new freqs in the new releases.

i'll keep trying tho.
    Live free or DIE!
    Another great way to download if you want to WOSQI:
    Do a QR-Decoder on unixpsycho's forum image and his site has a direct download
    Also I just want to put it out there that this kernel is great. Been running it all day and I haven't had a single issue. The temp stays fairly cool and the battery drain is the least of my worries. My Pre runs like butter.
    I have to apologize, I updated to .60 to see if my issues were fixed and they were! but now sadly I cant reproduce the problem. I guess I should have responded here first to see if anybody else was having this particular issue.

The Problem:

when the screen is in sleep mode the clock would stop working until you reactivate the screen ( 5 second delay before the clock would register or update to the correct time), Whats even weirder is if you put the screen in sleep mode and say it is ten minutes before you put it on the T/S it would continue to work correctly but at the -10 min interval or however long the screen was asleep.

It appears to be working correctly w/ .60

I again apologize for not being a good alpha tester.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

10.    #530  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnrb View Post
    Another great way to download if you want to WOSQI:
    Do a QR-Decoder on unixpsycho's forum image and his site has a direct download
    Not anymore.

Unacceptable!
    Live free or DIE!
  11.    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I have to apologize, I updated to .60 to see if my issues were fixed and they were! but now sadly I cant reproduce the problem. I guess I should have responded here first to see if anybody else was having this particular issue.

The Problem:

when the screen is in sleep mode the clock would stop working until you reactivate the screen ( 5 second delay before the clock would register or update to the correct time), Whats even weirder is if you put the screen in sleep mode and say it is ten minutes before you put it on the T/S it would continue to work correctly but at the -10 min interval or however long the screen was asleep.

It appears to be working correctly w/ .60

I again apologize for not being a good alpha tester.
    At least you upgraded and didnt downgrade

I do read the thread, even tho I dont always post, to see the bugs... then i fix most to at least get something out there.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    After playing Dungeon Hunter for an hour(damn my eyes and fingers hurt now), there was a major "pause", and when I checked the Gov, it was showing the CPU temp at 41 degrees. So, I turned off the screen, waited a minute, and then things resumed.

So, it WILL heat up fairly well if you push it for a while, but nothing too severe. I'd love a temperature based throttle, but that might be a request for the Govnah thread.
  13.    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    After playing Dungeon Hunter for an hour(damn my eyes and fingers hurt now), there was a major "pause", and when I checked the Gov, it was showing the CPU temp at 41 degrees. So, I turned off the screen, waited a minute, and then things resumed.

So, it WILL heat up fairly well if you push it for a while, but nothing too severe. I'd love a temperature based throttle, but that might be a request for the Govnah thread.
    Try disabling compcache to see if the pausing goes away. I suspect the Pre's CPU isnt as good with number crunching like other CPUs, like what's in the Pixi. The Pixi destroys the Pre-overclocked in some benchmarks.

a kernel-based temp throttle is in the works.
    Live free or DIE!
    thanx for the info fellos
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    So as promised here are my test results for using the kernel today.

I ran two separate test. One test had compcache disabled and the other had it enabled(24mb). I hope these results are useful to someone lol. Also each test was performed at different times of day. So the test were not run back to back. Also the phone was restarted between test just to be refreshed. As a side note I have been using the F105 kernel for about 48 hours now without any crashes and no known problems. Enjoy.

Sprint Palm Pre - Original from release date

Test 1:
    Compcache disabled
    Wifi enabled and connected to local router
    Gps and bluetooth disabled
    gps auto enabled with gmaps via patch

1 hour with no use and screen off battery drain was 3.79%

App load times: (hand timed using ipod touch stop watch also stopped when app was fully loaded)
    email: 1.4 secs
    gmap: 10.4 secs
    the weather channel: 1.4 secs
    facebook: 3.9 secs
    camera: 2.9 secs
    Temperature after running app loading: 32c

Opening as many apps as possible without closing (ended test when pre became unusably slow)
    Initial battery charge: 75%
    Initial cpu Temp: 32c
    Number of apps opened: 43
    govnah mem 230
    govnah swap 127
    Ending battery: 62%
    Ending Temp: 39c
    Battery Drain per hr: 28.48
    Total time it took to run test 26 mins 22 secs

The quoted part is using the F105-59 kernel Here is the test results for Using the F105-60 kernel:

Sprint Palm Pre - Original from release date

Compcache enabled 16mb
    Wifi enabled and connected to local router
    Gps and bluetooth disabled
    gps auto enabled with gmaps via patch

1 hour with no use and screen off battery drain was 2.46%
    1 hour walking around the city with wifi enabled but only using ev: 4.18%

App load times: (hand timed using ipod touch stop watch also stopped when app was fully loaded)
    email: 1.2 secs
    gmap: 6.6 secs
    the weather channel: 2.0 secs
    facebook: 5 secs
    camera: 3 secs
    pandora: 3.2 secs
    Temperature after running app loading: 30c

Opening as many apps as possible without closing (ended test when pre became unusably slow)
    Initial battery charge: 45%
    Initial cpu Temp: 30c
    Number of apps opened: 43
    govnah mem 234
    govnah swap 124
    Ending battery: 39%
    Ending Temp: 37c
    Battery Drain per hr: 31.67
    Total time it took to run test 11 mins 22 secs

notes:
    I have had no problems with the phone rebooting or anything to yet. Battery drain does seem to be much less. Some things dont seem as snappy as before but its hardly noticeable.

Great work on the Kernel Development!
    Last edited by theXfactor2011; 06/28/2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Fixed Kernel Version number lol
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    I have the .60 installed and im running Super KO Boxing and Jump O Clock at the same time. as well as facebook beta, the camera, Sprint Nav., Dr. Podder, my photos, You Tube, Music Player, and Govnah. holding steady at 34c. not a hickup yet.... This is clearly too good to be true so i will assume ill wake up to a puddle of plastic on my touchstone in the morning.
    I installed the Kernel about an hour ago, and my temp has been steady. I played a 7 min youtube video and there was no change in either battery or CPU temp. This kernel is amazing.
    -60 is running like a champ. Temps have been in the mid 30's and haven't really risen anywhere higher than 39. This is with multiple apps open while playing a 3D game here and there.

Also, I do use a touchstone and noticed still temps don't rise higher than 39

Great work!
    just noticed that the application icons in the catalog are flickering. Could that be related to this kernel? Or maybe I was having a mini-stroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12345 View Post
    just noticed that the application icons in the catalog are flickering. Could that be related to this kernel? Or maybe I was having a mini-stroke.
    Mine are fine. No flickering icons here.
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G