Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Odd question, why does warthog kernel allows for scaling from 1005 to 125, but it's absent in this one.
    F105 0.60 - works fine for my pre (not plus) phone as far, 0.47 - was working good, 0.59 - restarted all the time and froze. 0.60 - after 5 min playing on Asphalt 5 - no issues, checked Govnah , temp 44 C, memory 220/65 swap . will check on other apps and post results later.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I am going to install -60 as soon as Preware finishes populating the lists. As others have said, -59 was crashing a bit, so I will report in a while.

There is a point where you test the kernel, but if you discover that one build is fairly unstable, it makes sense to pull it out until a new build becomes available. There is no need to damage our phones by continuing to run something that is clearly unstable. Note that one crash does not mean much, but once you hit two to three system crashes in an hour with the alpha, with none on the stable kernel(after you remove the alpha), that seems fair.

Basically, use common sense when you are testing.
    was running -47 before just went to -60 couple hours ago...

Speed is as expected very similar to -47

battery so far is fairly similar 1hr 44min runing from 78% down to 67%
    Drain per hr is 6.29%

on fairly light usage. (handful of texting no other programs running in the background. (AIM is on))

battery temp and CPU temp is idling 29C-30C
    For alpha testers who may end up doctoring their phone after undesirable results, please use a backup utility to make the experience less painful. (Pre Backup Utility is a decent option.)
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Try 900Mhz and see if the artefacts still appear.
    Sorry, boss; I updated to .60 to see if the problem persisted, and then realized I shouldn't have done it to continue testing v.59. But fortunately the problem is still there. I can't see any dots below 1005.

@jamhandman Google maps looks ok.

PS: I'm keeping it installed, clocked at 500 max, awaiting further instructions, although my initial reaction was to remove the kernel to protect my phone; but I'm an alpha tester, and I'm ok (cue Lumberjack song)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by manueljaime; 06/28/2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: adding PS
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    I don't notice a download link in the first post, is it removed?
    it installs OTA after you view the first post
    Ok, made the jump from F104 to F105-60 today with Govnuh 0.5.0

So far so good. Will monitor for artifacting, battery usage, hot hot heat, weird stuff with Touch Stone, wall charging, usb charging etc. I am especially interested to see if the heat is better playing music with the screen off, as my 125/800 was heating up after playing music with the screen off, I hope 125/1005 works better or I will need to set it to 250-500/1005.

Of note, here are some benchmarking numbers, before and after: (i wish i would have remembered to benchmark after installing the recovery kernel)

For the microsoft flying image test, my f104 125/800 hit 13 frames, and now with f105-60 125/1005 I get 45! (google chrome gets 2-3!!!! It’s the worst browser available. Internet Explorer 9 is way faster)

Also, for the Sunspider benchmark, my f104 125/800 hit 16250 or so, and now hit 11400. Not quite as fast as the iPad

[My bad, there is no 125/250, I forgot. Govnuh isnt necessary and just shows them, but it is really just 500/1005. No wonder I dont get the hang ups I used to have or hot phone when playing music while the screen was off with 125/800]
    Last edited by dpaul420; 06/29/2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Being a NOOB
    I installed F105 0.60 kernel and my phone seems to be stuck at 500 mhz even when It says the max is 1005 mHz and the min is 125 mHz. anyone have this problem too?
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjanders View Post
    I installed F105 0.60 kernel and my phone seems to be stuck at 500 mhz even when It says the max is 1005 mHz and the min is 125 mHz. anyone have this problem too?
    disconnect from ur charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjanders View Post
    if its on the wall charger , this is normal
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Odd question, why does warthog kernel allows for scaling from 1005 to 125, but it's absent in this one.
    Because the F105 is a screenstat only, proof of concept release kernel. Warthog Kernel is a composite of bleeding edge advances from UberKernel Alpha, Sbromwich's kernel, and Unixpsycho's F10x series. Warthog Kernel is a test bed kernel wherein multiple concepts for kernel direction are being developed and will require the ability to test and create your own profiles in order to determine what will suit your usage best. Otherwise, the F105 kernel allows for the convenient screenstate profile to manage this for you, allowing you to get a sample of the general performance increase.
    I installed F105 and used it for a few minutes. Was ridiculously fast. Got kinda freaked out at how fast it was actually, and uninstalled and went back to Uber. haha. I'll wait for it to be rolled into Uber, so I can be sure that it's all good, cuz it seems a little too good to be true.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    I installed F105 and used it for a few minutes. Was ridiculously fast. Got kinda freaked out at how fast it was actually, and uninstalled and went back to Uber. haha. I'll wait for it to be rolled into Uber, so I can be sure that it's all good, cuz it seems a little too good to be true.
    The 105 -60 kernel really does kick ***...I need to do some more installs, uninstalls, and other testing just to make sure it is FULLY stable, but Dungeon Hunter was very stable for 40+ minutes of play, and damn it is smooth!
    .58 was working great with govnah and I was able to switch kernels at ease between performance and screenstate but when I uninstalled and switched to .60 it didn't show up on govnah at all... only thing left is empty profiles and palm's default. gonna try re-installing .60
    will anyone help me find the correct UK on preware? I have had my pre since last june and have been using the UK since it was released on preware. I think it's not fair not know the know. Feels like I'm an outsider with my own community.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmayes69 View Post
    if its on the wall charger , this is normal
    its not connected to the wall charger or the usb. I think the problem had to do with it being screen state because I installed the warthog kernel and everything works fine except it also is stuck at 500 mhz when on screenstate
    cant wait to try this out.
    problem fixed! got .60 running smoothly with a starting temp of 38c!! running 2 3D games + 3 music apps + facebook beta.... temp is between 44-49! how are pre plus users doing? I still got the good ol' sprint pre =D
    That is just blazing FAST!

What song is that playing in the background of the YouTube video? I like it.