Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    anyone know if you need to uninstall the uberkernal I already have for 800 to install the neww 1ghz?
    Yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Yes...
    thanx
    Ok, just install the update on Thundercheif f105-60. Playing NFSU moving through apps,streaming videos on you tube. At this time temps remains at 36 degree. Lets see what happen in about an hour. Batt fully charge. (Ps) There was a little pause for like one to two sec while playing nfsu.
    I can say after a quick half hour test that this new update brought me from 3.5 to 1.99 battery with the edact same config and apps running and polling.
    damn. I jus installed the new UK! It doesn't work. Is it because of the fact I updated my govnah to .5? Hawwwww... I want speed. Can't get enuff!
    I updated in the morning and got v.59, but after roughly 9 hours of near flawless use (just a spontaneus reboot when flipping apps, that I could not reproduce again), I started seeing artifacts (see attached screencaptures). I would only see those dots whenever the max speed was set to 1005 in govnah; as soon as I set both max & min to 500, applied the settings and got back to the main screen the artifacts were gone.
    I switched off the phone, pulled the battery and switched back on, but the problem remained.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (update) For some reason I have only nine apps open and it feels a little sluggish,and movement is kinda slow. I wasn't having this problem before updating to -60. Let me do a batt pull and see what happen. Still alpha testing!
    Getting .60 now, phone is rebooting.....
    Quote Originally Posted by manueljaime View Post
    I updated in the morning and got v.59, but after roughly 9 hours of near flawless use (just a spontaneus reboot when flipping apps, that I could not reproduce again), I started seeing artifacts (see attached screencaptures). I would only see those dots whenever the max speed was set to 1005 in govnah; as soon as I set both max & min to 500, applied the settings and got back to the main screen the artifacts were gone.
    I switched off the phone, pulled the battery and switched back on, but the problem remained.
    What about google maps? That for me has issues after installing .60 just now.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    F105, like F102, does not need Govnah. I only recommend it to monitor temps and to play with scaling.
    Thank alot. I asked this question on the Compache kernel thread & was told by Rod "Being an alpha tester requires that you read all available information before asking questions...". I know I can read but I didn't see it state you needed Govnah or you didn't need Govnah, so I just asked.

I see questions repeated that have been asked several times with no problem. I didn't see my question asked or answered anywhere, so I figured I'd ask if I wanted to know.

Thanks Again
    for all your hard work in development!!!
    I think my phone doesn't like -60. Sluggish just don't feel excited like before. Uninstalling then re-install.
    just installed -60 version now.

installed went fine.

no noticeable speed improvements to the naked eye (same as -47)

will monitor battery life and report back
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Thank alot. I asked this question on the Compache kernel thread & was told by Rod "Being an alpha tester requires that you read all available information before asking questions...". I know I can read but I didn't see it state you needed Govnah or you didn't need Govnah, so I just asked.

I see questions repeated that have been asked several times with no problem. I didn't see my question asked or answered anywhere, so I figured I'd ask if I wanted to know.

Thanks Again
    for all your hard work in development!!!
    I think the time of day that you ask the question matter too. :^)

Running .60 build an no new issues yet, I'll have more information later today when I use my phone to make calls and listen to music. :^D Great work here!
    I installed this kernel last night and have had it off the charger since 8 AM today, its about 3 PM right now and I am at 50% battery. This is unheard of.. on a stock speed of 500MHz and even with Uberkernel at 800MHz by 2 I would need to be charging because I'd maybe have 20% left if I was lucky. I am using it the same as I do any day.. I am quite curious why I am getting so much better battery considering the CPU is running double the stock speed..
  15.    #495  
    Try 900Mhz and see if the artefacts still appear.
    Live free or DIE!
    This is interesting. I had some strange black-dot screen artifacts as well with the newest 105, but I didn't really have time to collect the info you have above because it soon crashed. Good to know I wasn't imagining it.
    I am updating to the F105-60 kernel now. Ill do some moderate testing like before with app times, battery drain, and different configurations. Ill post back later with the full report.

Just finished installing. looks like i'm off to a good start!
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Volume up/battery pull trick worked to get me the USB symbol, so I guess I'll doctor. I don't really want to, since my Pre has more patches than a guy in a full-body cast, but it's probably healthy once in a while.

I jinxed myself yesterday by telling a fellow Pre owner who hadn't messed around with kernels (or many patches, for that matter) that my phone seemed more stable than ever.
    do you use save/restore - it's a godsend after DRs
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just installed -60. Phone seems to be about the same - everything's going pretty fast. No black dots. Not seeming sluggish.
    Ran Sunspider and got 12600 the first time (but the screen turned off halfway through for 15 sec) and 10900 ms the second time (screen on the whole time). With the first F105 build, I was getting 10600, so that's probably within the range of error.

Will keep an eye on battery life and temp.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    (update) After uninstalling f105-60 then run a doc... re-install and now seeing better performance,touch is responsive as for battery, I don't even worry about that part anymore. I just want my phone to run smooth totally responsive to touch and no too many card error. Is that too much to asked.
    Last edited by rush; 06/28/2010 at 03:28 PM.