Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1452
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This is *NOT* a stable kernel. Please uninstall if you want a stable kernel.
    I think i will install 0.47 - so far it looked excellent to me! thank you unixpsycho! question - is there big difference? 47 and 59 ? tnx
  2. #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    -59 added some aggressive undervolting to save battery. My Pre doesnt mind it... yours seems to run fine also. But other Pre not so much.

    -60 adds some more tweaking in voltages.
    I'll have to wait till these are in preware, I don't have Quick Install at work or a USB cable... :^/
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    I'll have to wait till these are in preware, I don't have Quick Install at work or a USB cable... :^/
    59 is already in Preware
  4. #464  
    so is -60 build

    I will wait to see more results as -47 is working perfectly for me
  5. #465  
    Just installed-60. so far so good.
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    My universal search isn't working anymore after installing this kernal. Am I do understand that the only way to fix this is to doctor my phone and start all over again. Are there any easier fixes for this since I love the way my phone is working at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Does the huge contradiction in your post need to be pointed out? Please re-read rwhitby's and your own post!
  7. #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    so is -60 build

    I will wait to see more results as -47 is working perfectly for me
    This is an alpha kernel and a testing thread.
    It would be a lot more helpful to the developers if everyone could update the kernel, test performance and give a detailed report.
    That is certainly what I will be doing later.
  8. #468  
    I have 60 installed working fine, speed still the same, and a bit more responsive so far...will respond back after testing battery life.
  9. #469  
    Latest update is sending me to the Doctor, looks like. Got stuck on boot screen after install, did a battery pull and got it to boot. Govnah had reverted to default (?) 125/1 GHz screenstate settings and shut off compcache (I had 500/1 GHz before upgrade). Crashed, and permanently stuck on boot screen.

    Question: anybody know how to get Doctor to recognize the Pre when it's stuck in this state? I don't have an AC adapter with me to do the volume button trick, and if I pull the battery the Doctor recognizes until I put the battery back in. Ideas?
  10. #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Latest update is sending me to the Doctor, looks like. Got stuck on boot screen after install, did a battery pull and got it to boot. Govnah had reverted to default (?) 125/1 GHz screenstate settings and shut off compcache (I had 500/1 GHz before upgrade). Crashed, and permanently stuck on boot screen.

    Question: anybody know how to get Doctor to recognize the Pre when it's stuck in this state? I don't have an AC adapter with me to do the volume button trick, and if I pull the battery the Doctor recognizes until I put the battery back in. Ideas?
    THe only chanceyou have - do like i did 30 min ago - pull the battery out, let the phone and batter cool down,( preferably in front of fan or better A/C ) and start the phone - it will start and then connect either through PC or Preware and UNINSTALL F105. then you r fine and have time to think what to do next... I am at 500 stock Mhz right now and thinking to come back to F105 0.47. Bcs 0.59 did not work for me and stuck in the middle of the boot(pull the batt. out)
  11.    #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    This is an alpha kernel and a testing thread.
    It would be a lot more helpful to the developers if everyone could update the kernel, test performance and give a detailed report.
    That is certainly what I will be doing later.
    I agree with this statement...and let me reiterate to others.

    The purpose of this thread and alpha test is to "test" out kernel builds as they come along to iron out bugs then promote to upstream. To re-install an old version is telling me that you do not really want to participate in testing but are really looking for the latest coolest thing.
    Live free or DIE!
  12. #472  
    Unixpsyco. You say this cannot scale below 500MHz are you saying it's like F102 & doesn't need govnah cause it won't go below 500 or are you saying use govnah & don't set it below 500. I have F102 & don't use govnah. I just wanna know if F105 needs govnah or not. I asked on the Compache kernel thread & never got an answer to that simple question.

    Thanks
  13. #473  
    Is it best to uninstall the older kernels and then update to the newest one, or can we just update the last kernel to the latest?

    Btw, I used 59 this morning and it was the same as 47. Solid, smooth, and no resets. Still can't assess battery life.
  14. bobross's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #474  
    Watching that video I can say my Pre at 800Mhz seems way faster than his at 1Ghz.
  15. #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Watching that video I can say my Pre at 800Mhz seems way faster than his at 1Ghz.
    Oh, that's some useful information.
  16. #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    i agree with this statement...and let me reiterate to others.

    The purpose of this thread and alpha test is to "test" out kernel builds as they come along to iron out bugs then promote to upstream. To re-install an old version is telling me that you do not really want to participate in testing but are really looking for the latest coolest thing.
    ok ok, trying 0.60 now... Thank you unixpsycho, will let you know how it goes ! Go webos go!
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I got a little worried when I saw this thread closed.

    Can people please stop asking how to get this kernal?
    got it. Alpha testers only. Super secret. My apologies.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  18.    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Unixpsyco. You say this cannot scale below 500MHz are you saying it's like F102 & doesn't need govnah cause it won't go below 500 or are you saying use govnah & don't set it below 500. I have F102 & don't use govnah. I just wanna know if F105 needs govnah or not. I asked on the Compache kernel thread & never got an answer to that simple question.

    Thanks
    F105, like F102, does not need Govnah. I only recommend it to monitor temps and to play with scaling.
    Live free or DIE!
  19. #479  
    anyone know if you need to uninstall the uberkernal I already have for 800 to install the neww 1ghz?
  20. #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    THe only chanceyou have - do like i did 30 min ago - pull the battery out, let the phone and batter cool down,( preferably in front of fan or better A/C ) and start the phone - it will start and then connect either through PC or Preware and UNINSTALL F105. then you r fine and have time to think what to do next... I am at 500 stock Mhz right now and thinking to come back to F105 0.47. Bcs 0.59 did not work for me and stuck in the middle of the boot(pull the batt. out)
    Volume up/battery pull trick worked to get me the USB symbol, so I guess I'll doctor. I don't really want to, since my Pre has more patches than a guy in a full-body cast, but it's probably healthy once in a while.

    I jinxed myself yesterday by telling a fellow Pre owner who hadn't messed around with kernels (or many patches, for that matter) that my phone seemed more stable than ever.

Posting Permissions