Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    And we're back. Please keep the back and forth out of this as it unnecessarily clutters this usefull thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/28/2010 at 11:34 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    And we're back. Please keep the back and forth out of this as it unecessarily clutters this usefull thread.

Thanks!
    I got a little worried when I saw this thread closed.

Can people please stop asking how to get this kernal?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    And we're back. Please keep the back and forth out of this as it unecessarily clutters this usefull thread.

Thanks!
    Duly noted. Apologies. Will contain myself on the next "where is the kernal".

-Reese
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    With older version of F105 0.47 everything was fine, new version 0.59 results - my phone constantly reboots after non significant heating. and does not start , just PALM freezes and i have to pull the battery out when screen is on with frozen PALM name.
    I also had that problem too. The phone itself was defected. I would consider exchanging the device. ps. I don't think it's kernel related.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I also had that problem too. The phone itself was defected. I would consider exchanging the device. ps. I don't think it's kernel related.
    How did you exchange the device? Did not they dicover that your phone was overclokced and there was no warranty on it?
    How did you exchange the device? Did not they dicover that your phone was overclokced and there was no warranty on it?
    No... I use to work for sprint so it was kinda easy for me. The thing is when you're returning a defective device,make sure the problem is visible at that time. Sprint or any other company are not permitted to open up these phones. Has for overclocking a simple doc will fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    No... I use to work for sprint so it was kinda easy for me. The thing is when you're returning a defective device,make sure the problem is visible at that time. Sprint or any other company are not permitted to open up these phones. Has for overclocking a simple doc will fix that.
    Palm can tell by the logs that are sent to them everyday...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I had a problem as well before, but try removing the kernal then reinstalling it. If that dosent work try removing it first, then doctoring it, then reinstalling it. If all else fails then yes you have a defective Pre.
    guys, please, keep these unrelated items (exchanges, etc...) to other places. we are trying to focus here only on the F series. THANK YOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Not if you disable logs with the info from this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes that's true... but they have more pressing concern right now,than to worry about overclocking. (:
    They are actually trying to get rid of their excess supply of Pre's. Its pretty easy to get an exchange these days. I am on my 4th Pre, most recently due to depressed power buttons on my latest 2. I am not endorsing fraud but if you have a legitimate problem it is very easy.

Ok back on topic...Still going strong on 105. Great battery life and no freezing problems. Generally a 50% increase in daily battery life over the stock kernel for me.
    Its all "F" related here... after cooling the phone for a while luckily i started it up, deleted F105 0.59 and lets see how it goes... maybe i will try to go back to 0.47 which i think worked stable... just i dont want to doctor the phone bcs all the phone settings will be reseted, is there a nice app to save it? what about Save&Restore?
    If I understand the warranty issue. They may void your warranty for OC if that is what appears to have caused the failure. However if the failure is a hardware failure and unrelated to the OC there is no reason the warranty shouldn't be honored.

On another note. I installed the F105 (1.4.1-59) last night. So far it is solid and running smooth. I had been running the public release of UK for a long time prior to this leap.

Temps are normal, speed is similar to UK @ 800, at least with the apps I have run so far. I am hoping for a bit of battery savings since f105 uses screen state by default/design.
  15.    #455  
    Its all "F" related here... after cooling the phone for a while luckily i started it up, deleted F105 0.59 and lets see how it goes... maybe i will try to go back to 0.47 which i think worked stable... just i dont want to doctor the phone bcs all the phone settings will be reseted, is there a nice app to save it? what about Save&Restore?
    This is *NOT* a stable kernel. Please uninstall if you want a stable kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moekind View Post
    I'm on Bell and I installed the kernel from 1.4.1.1 testing feed is that ok?
    I am on Bell as well, but I only have 1.4.1. How do you have 1.4.1.1?

Will this make a difference for me Marco/Rod? I have been using F104/Govnah 0.4.2 for a couple of weeks and loving it. I am considering upgrading to psycho-f105-kernel-pre_1.4.1-60_arm.ipk and govnah_0.5.0_arm (1).ipk.

I hope webos 1.4.5 comes out soon in Canada in case all of this goes horribly wrong for me! I will make the call to switch once I finish reading the entire post, halfway done right now. Moekind, can you let me know how that works for you, I am interested if the 1.4.1 and 1.4.1.1 testing kernel is different
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    If I understand the warranty issue. They may void your warranty for OC if that is what appears to have caused the failure. However if the failure is a hardware failure and unrelated to the OC there is no reason the warranty shouldn't be honored.

On another note. I installed the F105 (1.4.1-59) last night. So far it is solid and running smooth. I had been running the public release of UK for a long time prior to this leap.

Temps are normal, speed is similar to UK @ 800, at least with the apps I have run so far. I am hoping for a bit of battery savings since f105 uses screen state by default/design.
    -59 added some aggressive undervolting to save battery. My Pre doesnt mind it... yours seems to run fine also. But other Pre not so much.

-60 adds some more tweaking in voltages.
    Live free or DIE!
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaul420 View Post
    I am on Bell as well, but I only have 1.4.1. How do you have 1.4.1.1?

Will this make a difference for me Marco/Rod? I have been using F104/Govnah 0.4.2 for a couple of weeks and loving it. I am considering upgrading to psycho-f105-kernel-pre_1.4.1-60_arm.ipk and govnah_0.5.0_arm (1).ipk.

I hope webos 1.4.5 comes out soon in Canada in case all of this goes horribly wrong for me! I will make the call to switch once I finish reading the entire post, halfway done right now. Moekind, can you let me know how that works for you, I am interested if the 1.4.1 and 1.4.1.1 testing kernel is different
    The difference in 1.4.1 -> 1.4.1.1 are almost nothing... they both use the same kernel sources.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

Hmm! as for battery savings still waiting and hoping for a miracle on that. lol.

I have been using f105 for two days now,stable and very responsive to touch. Heat up only when using touchstone which i expected already. There is something in that charger that just causes enormous heat,whether you're using apps or not.

If someone had told me a year ago that this phone would be pushing out 1ghz,I would have not even considered it possible. These creators are something else. I wonder when the new phone(s) come out... What will they think of next! I know I'll definitely be around to see. (:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have had that package installed during a webOS upgrade, then it would have restored an incorrect version of LunaSysMgr. This has been proven to cause Universal Search problems, and probably causes other problems as well.

So my advice to anyone who has had that package installed is to use the webOS Doctor. The fact is that the person who packaged that (hint: it wasn't Marco, and it was packaging Marco's work against Marco's express wishes and not returning any of the proceeds back to Marco) didn't heed my warnings at the time, and produced a package which leaves crap behind in certain scenarios.

If you don't use the webOS Doctor, and have previously had that package installed, then we will assume that any problem you report lies there, and will ignore your posts until you do use the webOS Doctor. It's harsh, but you know who to blame (and it isn't anyone who has posted in this thread).

We have wasted far too much time on this issue already, hence the lack of enthusiasm in explaining it yet again, let alone diagnosing any residual problems that could be caused by it.

[Note that the frustration expressed in this post is not directed at you personally]

-- Rod
    My universal search isn't working anymore after installing this kernal. Am I do understand that the only way to fix this is to doctor my phone and start all over again. Are there any easier fixes for this since I love the way my phone is working at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.