Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    So, I went to install Dungeon Hunter, walked away and the screen went to sleep, and when I went to wake it up, the install seemed to have stalled, and then, reboot.

So, I don't know what is going on, but 105 isn't terribly stable for me right now. It isn't a temperature related thing since Govnah was showing 33 degrees and the normal sensor was showing 43 degrees.

It may be that the screenstate change caused the problem during the install.
    Just do a battery pull..Hold down the power/mute button for a few seconds-and you'll be back to normal. (note) That sort of thing happens to the best of phones. (:
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Just do a battery pull..Hold down the power/mute button for a few seconds-and you'll be back to normal. (note) That sort of thing happens to the best of phones. (:
    Everything was back to normal after the reboot, but this is the second time in one hour where the latest 105 kernel caused a spontaneous reboot, and I did NOT have it with UberKernel, or when I was testing yesterday with the previous 105.
    I'm using F105 Thundercheif no govnah at this time,and I'm not having any spontaneous reboot. Has I said before run a webos utility repair which could help in preventing future spontaneous reboot.
    I love the idea of the F series overclocking solutions, but I haven't had much luck. I installed F104, running fixed 720, on a clean Pre and it ran for a bit, but got increasingly sluggish and then started locking up to the point where I had to doctor it. I installed F102 on a clean Pre but realized it wasn't going up to 800Mhz, only 500.

I love the idea of the speed, and low temps of F105 (per users) but, again, previous bad experience. Any suggestions for success? (with any of them?)
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I love the idea of the F series overclocking solutions, but I haven't had much luck. I installed F104, running fixed 720, on a clean Pre and it ran for a bit, but got increasingly sluggish and then started locking up to the point where I had to doctor it. I installed F102 on a clean Pre but realized it wasn't going up to 800Mhz, only 500.

I love the idea of the speed, and low temps of F105 (per users) but, again, previous bad experience. Any suggestions for success? (with any of them?)
    Wow, A clean wipe would have done the trick,maybe you have one of those bad processor that was talk about.

My suggestion would be to start all over again. First: Webos doc then getting preware on the device. Second: Download the patch Thundercheif f105 to device,don't use govnah yet..lets see if it work for a while first. (optional) You can use govnah if you want,but bare in mind you can't scale lower than 500mhz. I'm not currently using govnah right now. Thundercheif with screen on 1001.12 with screen off 500mhz. It's the same as using govnah. If this doesn't work for you then you might wanna stick with stock 500mhz or get another phone. Good Luck.
    Remember with these experimental kernels if you install them plugged into the wall charger you will only see 500MHz no matter what you do because you get scaled down when charging. Unplug the phone and press power off and on and it should scale back up.
    [QUOTE=ihooten;2518218]BAZINGA!! dood... I think my phone just opened a portal to the netherworld... Cthulu is calling me become eaten by the elder gods...
    I don't know why but I laughed at this...LOL.

I can't wait to see what my phone does. It had gone through a lot of changes and it has withstood all of them. Now, for the real test....
    Do we need to remove this kernal before updating when 1.4.5 is available?
    It would be recommended.
    I just Doctored and went back loading preware and F105 along with Govnah. I can scale up to the 720 setting on Govnah by itself, but as soon as I select the 1005 the screen gets kinda pixilated, freezes and then restarts. This is with or without the compcache setting turned on. Any thoughts?
    I updated to the new kernal while on the touchstone after being on all night. no heat issues at all and everything installed perfect. i just installed it last night and so far so good. i have had no issues as of yet. temps are low and i am averaging about 3.5 drain per hour on the stock battery. that is with gps off and wifi on but not in use right now. messaging is off and i dont have anything running in the background except for battery monitor polling every half hour. My cpu tends to get better with time with these kernals. was running the testing uber up until now and loved it but the need for speed got me. will post back later if anything happens.
    So... where actually IS the Kernel (how do I download it?)?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    So... where actually IS the Kernel (how do I download it?)?

Thanks!
    Please read the first post. if you cant find it you shouldnt be installing it. sorry but that is how it goes. There is plenty of info in this thread and searching is your friend.
    F105 has been working beautifully for me. There is a lag when I open up multiple apps, but guessing its the creation/extension of memory for the memory swap. But once its done, it is very smooth.

The only time I scale down is when I'm using the GPS (with the screen always on). Temp shoots up high.

I did like the scale down to 125 with F104, coz when the batt is dying (0%), seems to prolong the hard shutdown (over an hour). But I'm not complaining...
    Quote Originally Posted by reese917 View Post
    The assumption made is that you have not read the thread or you would not have posted such a dumb question (maybe it was a joke). If you read it and still posted that question then you can't be helped or reasoned with.
    Sorry guys, no need to get defensive or offensive.
    Accept a mistake was made, tolerate it, make a quick joke, and play nicely.
    No need for this.
    the only thing that must always be read is the VERY FIRST POST!!!!
    The assumption made is that you have not read the thread or you would not have posted such a dumb question (maybe it was a joke). If you read it and still posted that question then you can't be helped or reasoned with.
    The opening post states that UniPsycho won't tell us where he put it. But he doesn't say that others can't tell.

And, as I've said previously, I've followed, correctly, every process since the first CPU scaling solutions were released and those required Telnetting into the device. This is easy, by comparison. So, I can be helped and reasoned with.

I still find it amazing, the things that people are willing to say on a blog that I would bet my children's college fund, they would never say so rudely to someone's face. Ah the safety and anonymity of the internet.
    Sorry, this came out as a dupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    the only thing that must always be read is the VERY FIRST POST!!!!
    Yes, and you should be nice to nuns, help old ladies across the road, and always swallow before you start talking. There's worse things than this, right
    With older version of F105 0.47 everything was fine, new version 0.59 results - my phone constantly reboots after non significant heating. and does not start , just PALM freezes and i have to pull the battery out when screen is on with frozen PALM name.