Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    New screenstate updates will be in latest Uber, F102A, and F105 releases -58 most likely.
    Thanks for the update. With minimal use today, I had pretty great battery life. Maybe 1-2%/hr at most. No temperature issues and no restarts needed.

I didn't see a donate link in the OP or your signature. How can we donate to you? (Or should we donate to WebOS Internals?)
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    where do I get the latest Govnah version? I can only find 0.4.2 in Preware. Thanks!
    Where the heck are you seeing 0.4.2?? I have yhe testing feed enabled and (after syncing just before typing this) I have only 0.4.17 available / installed.

M.
    I've had Govnah 0.4.2 for a little over a month now. I think it's the latest stable release.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Where the heck are you seeing 0.4.2?? I have yhe testing feed enabled and (after syncing just before typing this) I have only 0.4.17 available / installed.

M.
    You need to remember that 0.4.2 is NOT the same as 0.4.20....
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Yeah, that's a little confusing. I think the .17 comes from the webos-internals testing feed.

And man, I am super impressed by F105. Only had it in a few hours, but it makes my Pre smooth as silk and the temps seem lower than UK. Can't say about the battery life yet, but so far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post

My eyes were seeing 4.1.7 not 4.17 (even though I typed it right at that!). My mix up.

Rod just posted in anothe thread that the next stable release 0.5 will be out tomorrow anyway. It's in the Testing Feed now.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I've been trying to get the WebOS Kernels Testing feed to work on Preware for a while now. Can someone send me a copy of the link so I can check it with my other one?
    Read the first post.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Are you watching videos while charging on the touchstone charger.
    My temp doesnt change much from being on the touchstone. It feels hotter but govnah says the cpu temp is the same as if i was using it not on touchstone. It got as high as 58 playing NFSU. Other than that everything is working great. Im going to take it off in a couple of days and compare the temps to stock setup. Im thinking it prob wont change much.
    Really cool temps. I picked up my phone from the table, after not using it for about 15 minutes, and the temp was 20 degrees. I don't think I ever saw it that low with UK. Maybe 25 was the lowest I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Read the first post.
    I got it, apparently there was some sort of error preventing the feeds from showing up till I restarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I got it, apparently there was some sort of error preventing the feeds from showing up till I restarted.
    If you get the feed name right, Preware actually fixes incorrect URLs on each boot.

-- Rod
    Edit: figured out my question... I see that Govnah 0.5.0 is now available to us

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to trying this out!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/28/2010 at 02:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    This does not work with the Navtech charger-holster. When this kernel is installed the battery charger cycles on and off.
    Prubin, which version of the kernel were you running when it would not work with the holster. I have not used the holster fro a couple of days becasue the back cover tabs broke and will not stay on. As the original poster on the holster this would be good info to have for those following the holster thread. Please go to the holster review thread for further so we don't hijack this one.
    about to do this, anything i should know/avoid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipres View Post
    You should go to webosinternals.org and read what is expected of an alpha tester and be prepared to follow those rules so that you are an effective alpha tester.
    You should also read most, if not all of this thread.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipres View Post
    Rule one, check back with the kernel thread every few hours. If they say to uninstall the kernel, don't hesitate. Check your temperatures in Govnah often as well to make sure the temperatures don't go too high. If you run into any weirdness, report what you are seeing on the thread, etc....

Basically, what we have here is an experimental kernel, and any unusual behavior MUST be reported since it can be a symptom of a larger problem.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I just installed 105 again(-59), went to Govnah(0.5) and saw my signal strength was showing zero bars. Switched to 2G, and signal came back, then switched to 3G again. When I tried going back to Govnah, I caught a spontaneous reboot.

This is on the AT&T version of the Pre Plus. After reboot everything seems fine, but this is the first time I have seen any problems...perhaps switching radios from 2G to 3G has a problem....will test.

Edit: On testing, the Touchstone still does not trigger the down-clock to 500MHz as of -59. Everything else seems fine except that one strange reboot, which I will chalk up to a fluke at this point. Still, I will continue to look for ways to make it crash as a part of the testing process.
    Last edited by Targon; 06/28/2010 at 06:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Initially I had posted and thought I would not install this Kernel. Primarily because it seemed a little insane, especially considering the OPs warning. Also because I was feeling lazy.

However as I followed the thread temptation got the best of me, so I pursued the Kernel.

I doctored my phone. Normally I wouldn't have done this before a Kernel install but I had a bug where Preware and Web OS Quick install no longer recognized my installed patches and my battery drain was very high. I was losing around 9 to 10% drain per hour, regardless of usage. I had a theme, 75 patches, and Uber Kernel w/Govnah installed.

After Doctoring my phone I installed the F105 Kernel, my theme, and patches. The speed is good, not as dramatic an increase as was 500->800, but the 1Ghz definitely seems to add just a little kick.

So far Ive noticed this phone runs smoother, my battery drain is down dramatically. I haven't seen it go over 5% an hour. With F105 and Govnah running it's default screenstate scaling seems to be doing wonders for my battery life. I have NOT gotten a temp warning at 45 degrees yet. Today will be my first day using the phone as I usually do. I will report back. So far so good.
    Hi ! I have Palm Pre and F105 .47 installed. yesterday i updated to .59 while my phone was on touchstone (i know i know i should not do it), but anyway - when the phone prompted to restart - maybe the processor was hot or so - so my phone reseted itself every 1 min without successful startup. i put it apart and let cool down till this morning. today i started the phone, reinstalled original palm pre kernel, and installed back F105 with updates. So far so good ! and I have a question - in Govnah - COMPCACHE - should i put TRUE or FALSE ? it seems to me that if i have Palm Pre (not +) so i should put TRUE ? and what about MEMORY LIMIT? what values are better? 16 or up to 128 Mb to set up? Thank you.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    So, I went to install Dungeon Hunter, walked away and the screen went to sleep, and when I went to wake it up, the install seemed to have stalled, and then, reboot.

So, I don't know what is going on, but 105 isn't terribly stable for me right now. It isn't a temperature related thing since Govnah was showing 33 degrees and the normal sensor was showing 43 degrees.

It may be that the screenstate change caused the problem during the install.