Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho
    I am running 1.2GHz right now.
    unixpsycho I seriously hope u have lots of Palm Pre's to test on..
    We certainly cannot afford u losing out on one, in case the proc starts to glow...
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    unixpsycho I seriously hope u have lots of Palm Pre's to test on..
    We certainly cannot afford u losing out on one, in case the proc starts to glow...
    WebOS Internals covers our developers for replacement development test hardware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    WebOS Internals covers our developers for replacement development test hardware.

-- Rod
    want to thank you for your support... What these guys are doing is phenomenal....
    Okay guys played Dungeon Hunter for 1hr 39min.
    started at 90% ended at 36%
    Battery temp 44C CPU temp 52C
    DPHR 32.81
    Wow,is that good or bad? Well anyway using thundercheif f105,battery temp remains in the thirties while using applications. I believe the only time the temp get really crazy is when charging on the touchstone charger.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Unixpsycho, everything is working perfectly for me, so thank you! I do have one request, which may or may not be easy to implement. Would it be possible to make it so it goes to 500MHz when on the Touchstone as well as wall charging? I tend to leave my phone on the Touchstone when using it at my desk is the reason I would prefer this.
    After uninstalling due to battery life issues, I couldn't resist the temptation of 1gig. In 3 days, I'm getting the EVO anyway, so if this mutha melts into a puddle, who cares.
    Re-installed yesterday. As I posted earlier, this kernel makes the Pre CRAZY smooth and very fast. Can't believe have much better this kernel makes the Pre. Tested the battery overnight. Got Govnah set st Screenstate 250 off/1005 on. 7 hours off yielded a 7% battery drain. 1% per hour. Not sure if that's good or bad, but seems a bit much when device is idle.
    I'm a moderate to heavy user. Will test some more battery numbers during the day and report in tonight.
    Again, I LOVE this kernel! Hopefully my first try with the bad battery drain was a fluke and this try will be much better. Also, so far temperature doesn't seem to be an issue. I just watched a 10 minute streaming YouTube video and the temp never got above 40.
    The Saint
    Thanks for the info...was trying to figure out why my unit locked at 500 and would not change...my screen brightness what set to 4% and now I understand Screenstate!

Either way, cranking again at 1k+...

Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Great work.

* When the screen brightness is set to less than 5%, the speed stays at 500.

* As stated by someone else, speed does not change until the screen is turned off then on. This happens going up (from unplugging the charger) or going up when plugging in the charger.
    Upgraded from UK 500/800 to this and it is just awesome. Have been testing it for about an hour now. My temps are ranging from 35 when not being used all the way up to 52 when watching video. I never really checked my temps before f105 so im not sure if my phone just runs a little hot or if it is f105 making it run hot. Im going to keep it for a while and see how it goes. Thanks for all the work being done on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    Upgraded from UK 500/800 to this and it is just awesome. Have been testing it for about an hour now. My temps are ranging from 35 when not being used all the way up to 52 when watching video. I never really checked my temps before f105 so im not sure if my phone just runs a little hot or if it is f105 making it run hot. Im going to keep it for a while and see how it goes. Thanks for all the work being done on this.
    Are you watching videos while charging on the touchstone charger.
  11. Evansgw
    enjoying the kernal so far. Nice and fast.

Temp for normal use is about 37, highest i've seen is 42.

Great job!
    I wonder why my temps are so high? Maybe I should go back to stock to compare?
    do I NEED the alpha version of govnah to work with this, because the version I have says 500/800 screenstate and currently running at 500 (brightness above 5% and not charging).
    you can change the max freq right? thats what i did with gov 0.4.2
  15.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    After uninstalling due to battery life issues, I couldn't resist the temptation of 1gig. In 3 days, I'm getting the EVO anyway, so if this mutha melts into a puddle, who cares.
    Re-installed yesterday. As I posted earlier, this kernel makes the Pre CRAZY smooth and very fast. Can't believe have much better this kernel makes the Pre. Tested the battery overnight. Got Govnah set st Screenstate 250 off/1005 on. 7 hours off yielded a 7% battery drain. 1% per hour. Not sure if that's good or bad, but seems a bit much when device is idle.
    I'm a moderate to heavy user. Will test some more battery numbers during the day and report in tonight.
    Again, I LOVE this kernel! Hopefully my first try with the bad battery drain was a fluke and this try will be much better. Also, so far temperature doesn't seem to be an issue. I just watched a 10 minute streaming YouTube video and the temp never got above 40.
    I have an EVO and the battery life is just a bad if not worse than the Pre.

I really wish people will understand that if you use the device the battery will drain, Period.
    Live free or DIE!
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Unixpsycho, everything is working perfectly for me, so thank you! I do have one request, which may or may not be easy to implement. Would it be possible to make it so it goes to 500MHz when on the Touchstone as well as wall charging? I tend to leave my phone on the Touchstone when using it at my desk is the reason I would prefer this.
    New screenstate updates will be in latest Uber, F102A, and F105 releases -58 most likely.
    Live free or DIE!
    I reinstalled govnah and it is working perfect now. Had to uninstall and reinstall twice.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, Unixpsycho! You really have become the hero of the Pre world with your overclocking kernel since our Pres can kick some serious *** compared to the iPhone 4 now.
    I've been trying to get the WebOS Kernels Testing feed to work on Preware for a while now. Can someone send me a copy of the link so I can check it with my other one?
    where do I get the latest Govnah version? I can only find 0.4.2 in Preware. Thanks!