Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I have webos testing feed enable.. Can't seem to locate any kernel(s) The only kernel(s) available are recovery and uber kernel 1.4.1-21. What do you do to see these testing kernel(s)
    manleym7 likes this.
    I'm assuming that as this is a port from F104, it has Compcache enabled, right?

(trying it anyway)

Marco, you're the man!
    I can't believe this dropped =). I'm going to put it on right now!! I don't have an extended battery so I know my phone is going to die in 2hrs after a little bit of use haha..
    Be sure to upload video(s) to show off your speeds! I'm curious to see how much of a difference this makes.
    manleym7 likes this.
    I just install new F105 THUNDERCHIEF. OMG...... That kernel is blezzzing fast. For a sec. I feel likee me pre wana fly. Temp. Is stedy at 37F for cpu, and 34 F for batt. I'm living the dream right know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You're seriously asking if a kernel running at 1GHz max on a phone designed to run at 600MHz max will be as stable as a kernel running at 800MHz max?

-- Rod
    wow, sorry I asked.. Geeze.. Btw, thx for your work on this stuff rod, I've sent donations your way for all your past stuff.. Keep it commin
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I have webos testing feed enable.. Can't seem to locate any kernel(s) The only kernel(s) available are recovery and uber kernel 1.4.1-21. What do you do to see these testing kernel(s)
    Are you trying to get this in Preware? If so, it may not be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    wow, sorry I asked.. Geeze, and from the kernel king himself.. Btw, thx for your work on this stuff too UP, I've also sent donations your way for all your past stuff, keep it commin..
    I haven't noticed a difference from the 720.sh patch or the 800.sh. Idk. I'm not sure if I'm not using it correctly. It's installed but I don't notice any speed improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I haven't noticed a difference from the 720.sh patch or the 800.sh. Idk. I'm not sure if I'm not using it correctly. It's installed but I don't notice any speed improvement.
    are you sure?
    Is there a like for this Beast of a kernal?
    manleym7 likes this.
    Wait wait wait...I thought going above 800Mhz was pointless because I/O bottlenecks elsewhere on the SoC would give you rapidly diminishing performance returns on increased clock speed. Was going to 1Ghz just for sh*ts and giggles, or is there an increase in performance corresponding to the increased clock speed? One way or the other, I look forward to installing this if it ever reaches a "stable" state
    Excuse me, where did u go to get the kernal? I would love to try it
    manleym7 likes this.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Wait wait wait...I thought going above 800Mhz was pointless because I/O bottlenecks elsewhere on the SoC would give you rapidly diminishing performance returns on increased clock speed. Was going to 1Ghz just for sh*ts and giggles, or is there an increase in performance corresponding to the increased clock speed? One way or the other, I look forward to installing this if it ever reaches a "stable" state
    Its true. and I stand by my previous statement.

But the linpack benchmarks we did currently on it showed some improvement so why not release it.
    Live free or DIE!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    wow, sorry I asked.. Geeze, and from the kernel king himself.. Btw, thx for your work on this stuff too UP, I've also sent donations your way for all your past stuff, keep it commin..
    Dont take our sarcasm personally.
    Live free or DIE!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre tooley View Post
    Excuse me, where did u go to get the kernal? I would love to try it
    Did you read the 1st post?
    Live free or DIE!
    where can i go to get this kernal?
    manleym7 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    wow, sorry I asked.. Geeze.. Btw, thx for your work on this stuff rod, I've sent donations your way for all your past stuff.. Keep it commin
    This speed increase is all Marco's work. I just make sure it's controllable with Govnah, packaged safely, and easily installable and removable via Preware And then together we take the stuff that's stable and put it into UberKernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    no, sorry. just read the hype. Sorry about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    If you have previously used a 720.sh or 800.sh patch on your device, and have not webOS Doctored it since, then you should do so now before installing this kernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast