Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post

<snip>
    With F105 I'm getting some strange results. When I reboot the phone, it doesnt default to 500/1005. Sometimes it boots to 500, sometimes to 720, and sometimes to 800. In the pictures attached, I shut the phone down and restarted it. It booted to 500/800 showing the current frequency at 720 (pics 1 & 2). So I changed the settings to min 500 max 1005 with compcache memlimit at 24mb (pics 3 & 4). I have tried disabling compcache and reenabling it and it still produces strange results. It seems as though it takes a few minutes for the 1ghz setting to kick in after changing the settings. Also my app catalog flickers. This was an issue with a previous kernel, wasn't sure if it was the same with this one. When it does finally jump up to 1ghz its awesome (aside from app catalog flicker).

Thanks Guys
    F105 has to default to 500/1005. There is also no 800MHz speed setting, so your phone is very unlikely to be running there unless something got borked. The only other speed option is 500/720 if you run Govnah.
    ok guys didnt touch my phone at all dphr is 2.47% from 79% down to 73% in 2hr25min

tomorrow I will try using testing it moderately to see the drain.

just for kicks i tested Sunspider benchmark again last night against my buddy's Vz Droid Incredible (1ghz Snapdragon) and here is the result (lower number is better)

My Pre@ 1ghz : 10641.6ms

Droid incredible not running any apps: 13689.3ms

previously i tested @500mhz: around 22000ms

(pulled the following sunspider test results off the web for reference)
    Iphone3GS (CortexA8 @600mhz) 15303.0ms
    Ipad (CortexA8 @1ghz) 10669.0ms

- Conclusion on speed? it's definitely hauling *** poor snapdragons.. hahaha
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Day 3 with this installed:
    It runs very smoothly most of the time. With normal use for me (occasional web browsing and checking email and Preware), the battery ran down a bit faster than with UK, but not much. My temps were all 35-42, even while charging (car and wall; I stayed away from the Touchstone today after hitting 56 degrees yesterday. My car touchstone is in front of the A/C vent, so I should be ok there)

I have had the same issue others have mentioned. Twice today when I hit the power button or opened the slider, nothing would happen. I used to see this in UK - it would take 10-15 seconds to respond and then would usually be fine (but sometimes needed to be restarted). With F105, when it happens, I have generally needed to pull the battery. The screen might eventually come on, but is either VERY VERY slow, or totally unresponsive. It's happened 1-2 times per day since I installed it.

Having said that, the speed of this thing makes any other issues seem negligible. WebOS just flies now
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    ok installed and it works fine, except when I turn on bluetooth and paired it with a bluetooth device. When I turn it off the gov stated I was running at 500 again, and it was noticeably slower again. I had to remove it, and reinstall it for it to work again. Something the deve should look into.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ok installed and it works fine, except when I turn on bluetooth and paired it with a bluetooth device. When I turn it off the gov stated I was running at 500 again, and it was noticeably slower again. I had to remove it, and reinstall it for it to work again. Something the deve should look into.
    I suspect you had it plugged in.

-- Rod
    OP, I have confirmed with another Pre (non Plus) user who is also getting the 5 second freezing. During this time my Pre is completely unresponsive. The gesture are leds don't respond.

I would like to confirm if this problem is happening with all Pre (non Plus) users.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    OP, I have confirmed with another Pre (non Plus) user who is also getting the 5 second freezing. During this time my Pre is completely unresponsive. The gesture are leds don't respond.

I would like to confirm if this problem is happening with all Pre (non Plus) users.
    What's the memory usage (RAM/Swap) reported in Govnah when this happens?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just installed, no problems so far. Palm Pre here.
    I do notice it to be quite faster than the others.
    A lot more snappier.

So if I have to reboot for any reason, when the screen comes back on will it automatically go back to 1ghz? Or do I have to set it to it through Govnah?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    seriously people I'm not even that tech knowledgeable and I was able to find what I needed in about 30min just by searching the forums and google. I have to agree that if finding the info is to hard then making such a big change to your phone configuration is not for you. wait for an official release in the standard preware feeds.
    30 minutes?!?!? You can seriously find it in 5 - 10 seconds. Please people, just search for it,you can do it, look at it as that is a prerequisite to using the kernels, if you can't find it, you don't get it. (no offense. It's just been stated over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over..., ..., ...)

if people seriously keep asking, it will be for nothing anyway cause it will get pulled! Search please.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post

I'm a non plus user since the first day this kernel was released. Never experienced freezing at all. Higher temps/worse battery life is a different issue...
    Just tried using the Thunderbird f105,seems stable enough. I can't compare batt are temp yet,cause I'm not really using the phone features yet. I didn't get this kernel from preware testing feed. When installing the feed as I earlier stated in one of my thread,I am getting a error msg. I guess if you want the lastest kernels,you would have to get the Preware Testing Feed install properly. What am I not doing right. Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect you had it plugged in.

-- Rod
    Im not understanding your question R, do you mean plugged into a computer, or plugged in to charge. I did have it charging after I turned off the bluetooth, which is when I noticed the slow down. I then disconnected the charger (knowing its set to 500 when charging) and launched GOV and it stated 500. As well as the phone was noticably slower. Do you think it was a combination of the two, though I did disconnect the bluetooth before plugging in the charger. I will try it again later today and let you know my results thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Just tried using the Thunderbird f105,seems stable enough. I can't compare batt are temp yet,cause I'm not really using the phone features yet. I didn't get this kernel from preware testing feed. When installing the feed as I earlier stated in one of my thread,I am getting a error msg. I guess if you want the lastest kernels,you would have to get the Preware Testing Feed install properly. What am I not doing right. Huh?
    yeah I had the same issue intially, when downloading the feed into preware. Just make sure theres only one http://, and you put a / at the end of the URL in preware, then update feeds. Google it and make sure you have the correct URL too.
    Thanks a lot.
    After a couple of days of use, decided to switch back to the UberKernel. I loved the speed and how smooth F105 was, but the hit in battery life was a bit much for me. I'm a moderate to heavy user and don't always have access to a charger in the middle of the day. Never had any temperature issues, although it would spike pretty heavy when streaming video, such as YouTube app.
    All and all, a pretty good effort. More than the speed for me, was how smooth everything became.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Im not understanding your question R, do you mean plugged into a computer, or plugged in to charge. I did have it charging after I turned off the bluetooth, which is when I noticed the slow down. I then disconnected the charger (knowing its set to 500 when charging) and launched GOV and it stated 500. As well as the phone was noticably slower. Do you think it was a combination of the two, though I did disconnect the bluetooth before plugging in the charger. I will try it again later today and let you know my results thanks.
    Screenstate doesn't change the spped other than when the screen is turned on or off.

Unless you toggled the screen, it would have stayed at 500 after you unplugged it.

-- Rod
    ran sunspider since seeing a few other people doing that:: 10495.4ms +/- 6.1%
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Screenstate doesn't change the spped other than when the screen is turned on or off.

Unless you toggled the screen, it would have stayed at 500 after you unplugged it.

-- Rod
    ok so after unplugging it I would have had to launch a program to clock the speed back to 1ghz?
    tried this kernel for a day, really liked the speed increase, but noticed some freezing... i prefer the uberkernel set at 800 constant... i have a sprint pre also.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    tried this kernel for a day, really liked the speed increase, but noticed some freezing... i prefer the uberkernel set at 800 constant... i have a sprint pre also.
    this is purely speculatory at this point, but if everyone that's having instances of lock up is on an original Pre, it could be that compcache is doing more harm than good, or there's a delay in accessing the swap.